If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?

GISM

Hmm, it seems that I'll never learn. Again 12th day in a row without  a day off at work. Phew, I should calm down a bit (I'm not a young stud anymore :P), but I'm just too motivated to get my jobs done. Or my morale is too high. Or I don't want to leave my work mates in trouble, dunno. I want to participate, maybe too much even. I get some sick pleasure when I managed to solve some problems though! Let's see how this autumn is going, previous ones have been as hectic as now.

Now I just wait the weekend to come, saturday and sunday free (there's going to be some serious hardcore boozing for sure)! Well, you can always rest in the grave :)

Any fellow workaholics around? What are your favourite things to relax?

• Like 2

Can't say I share the same motivation to find work but once the job starts I'm the exact same. Doing the same thing every day will bore me quickly unless it lines up with a hobby. I love taking Random sub-contractor jobs that involve traveling. You work a lot of hours but get to learn something new, meet like minded people, and great paychecks you don't spend till your done which covers the loooooong weekend that follows.

Currently on a week job in Florida. Didn't sleep much sunday or Monday night after 10hr shifts so I was pretty exhausted yesterday when I started at 9am. Didn't end up getting off till 5:30 am today lol. Looking back I should have slept those 2 nights.

Free time is spent on hobbies or projects. The projects are usually for one of the hobbies. :D

• Like 1

I spent 2 years at Gulfstream building G650's. Hours took me away from ET for a year of it but that was some rewarding work with all sorts of sweet problems to solve. Free time was also spent working on a plane doing w/e custom work my lil bro and I could come up with on our older brothers plane which is in the garage... and on a few walls inside... also a closet or two... and under random furniture.

Pictures of a normal night... at 5:30am. Silvia @ rv-4 maintenance.

post-8041-0-61799500-1470854169_thumb.jpg

Edited by Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Like 1

I learned a long time ago to work to live. Not live to work.

I enjoy poking kids with needles, but I usually do my 3 shifts and done. If I work extra, it's for $$ to buy something not in the budget.

Don't tell my son this..... he'll ask me to work more for a new computer or something. :)

• Like 4

i was reading a book about to much work in life. and life balance . and the most ppl only work much because they got positive feedback (what they seem to need) and we have lot of consumer due to advertising and stuff they are telling us we need a lot of things.

I decided not to need so much and only work 3 days since 2 month. yes i have less Money but i won 2 more days of a Week

and i was a total worlkhaloic but it doesnt gave me what i needed. i dont Need Fame dont Need Money. i only Need Time to achieve my Personal goals :)

• Like 2

I enjoy poking kids with needles, but I usually do my 3 shifts and done.. :)

Please tell me you work in the medical profession and don't just like to torture kids ;)

• Like 1

I learned a long time ago to work to live. Not live to work.

I enjoy poking kids with needles, but I usually do my 3 shifts and done. If I work extra, it's for $$ to buy something not in the budget.

Don't tell my son this..... he'll ask me to work more for a new computer or something. :)

Do you work in that candy van near by the playground? :lol:

I totally agree with The Smoke. [i can't quote for some reason.]

I'm fine with working hard if I am appreciated in the company or group. I had a nice job for a long time where it was like this. On bad days, my partner and I helped each other and left at the same time late at night. Then we got absorbed by another, bigger group, and they treated us like cogs, as Smoke said. They just wanted us to do the unpleasant jobs. I watched people quit and get replaced by new people who quit. One of the leaders even said in a meeting, "No one is irreplaceable." The three people from my original group all quit, including me.

Also, you never know what life will throw at you. I've personally had 2 good guys from work get cancer and die 2 years later. No rest, no retirement. Work, get sick, die. I know 2 other people from work who now have cancer.

I figure it's ok to work hard briefly if that gets you to retirement. But work isn't worth it most of the time. Relax and spend time with friends and family. As my friends above taught me, you don't know how much time you have. Spend it well.

Edited by Alita
  • Like 1

Weekend is finally here! Lot's of beer and red wine!

I did some mind tricks to myself and I promised to calm down with my work. At least a bit lol.