Day of Infamy

OnionKnight

I was in the right place at the right time and got one of the 1,000 early access keys the developer released.  I've played several hours offline and multiplayer CO-OP.  I had played several of the modded Insurgency DOI servers that the community had developed and the official version of the game is pretty close to those modded servers.  They have of course added more maps and a few other options for load out.  I think that Insurgency took about 2 years to get all the kinks worked out of the game before it started picking up popularity.  DOI is probably ahead of that curve due to their lessons learned from Insurgency, but they still have a long way to go.  They are releasing updates/patches almost everyday and seem to be listening the the feed back from players.

I personally have a hard time switching from playing with a fully automatic weapon with high capacity drum mag to a 8 round, semi-automatic.  They do offer the Thompson in some classes but I can't hit shit with it.  It takes a lot more skill to play with the older style weapons and I frankly don't have the patience to invest in getting that good.  I like the instant gratification of spraying 100 rounds in the general direction of a bunch of bots and hitting most of them.  It's why I will always suck and be totally skill-less but I'm totally cool with that.

If the game comes up on sale and you can pick it for cheap, I'd say get it.  Otherwise, I'd give it maybe 6 months or so before I would consider paying full price.

• Like 1