Insurgency crashes after starting a game (solo/multiplay)

SmTh

Hi all,

Since the positive reviews on this forum I thought to try it out (I knew it was a risk since I am no IT guy)...

I got a steam account, bought the game, downloaded it.. Got the autoexec in steamfile and I can easy start the game...

however, when I try to start a game (either solo or multplayer) it fully loads (bar is completed) but then the window is closed and there is no game.

Can anyone help me out how to fix this problem (or to explain me which steps I should follow to see what the problem is)? Thnx anyway

NB 1: either game and steam are up2date

NB 2: restarted computer, game and steam

NB 3: can it be my specs or my firewall?

I have an old computer; specs:

AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor 3.2 GHz

RAm: 4GB, 3.12 available

anti Virus: bitdefender total security 2016

Sincerely SmTh!

Have you tried varifying game cache? rmb in steam -> properties -> local files -> verify game cache

• Like 2

Have you tried varifying game cache? rmb in steam -> properties -> local files -> verify game cache

I just followed your suggestion and its said all files are valid after validating. Crashing is still there. Thnx for your reaction though. Anyone else a suggestion?

Official support topic from the Insurgency discussion thread:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/222880/discussions/3/35220315638526188/

Thnx..I tried all options... but it will be in the end... a too low specced PC... --> problem is paged pool memory exhaustion.. so I try a repay and will not play iyt unfourtinaly..Too bad

Thnx for your reactions!

Hi all,

Since the positive reviews on this forum I thought to try it out (I knew it was a risk since I am no IT guy)...

I got a steam account, bought the game, downloaded it.. Got the autoexec in steamfile and I can easy start the game...

however, when I try to start a game (either solo or multplayer) it fully loads (bar is completed) but then the window is closed and there is no game.

Can anyone help me out how to fix this problem (or to explain me which steps I should follow to see what the problem is)? Thnx anyway

NB 1: either game and steam are up2date

NB 2: restarted computer, game and steam

NB 3: can it be my specs or my firewall?

I have an old computer; specs:

AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor 3.2 GHz

RAm: 4GB, 3.12 available

anti Virus: bitdefender total security 2016

Sincerely SmTh!

I've been having the exact same problem on my computer at "work".  I've tried all the same stuff that I'm sure you tried with no luck and was receiving the same exact error message.   I was about to give up and I thought that I would try one more thing this morning and it worked perfectly.  

We've had 3 members that have posted separate setup tutorials. 

First thing I did was to set up my autoexec.cfg by downloading this file that was provided by 10tacle. I then uploaded into my Insurgency folder by following this tutorial that was provided by David.   Then used  this setup that was posted by SonofDoc.  

I suspect that the video settings that SonofDoc suggested may have had the greatest effect but since I implemented both at the same time, I'm not sure which one was the key - or if it was the combination.

Either way before you give up completely, take 5 mins and give this a shot. 

Also, thanks to 10tacle, David and SonofDoc for submitting those tutorials.  Thanks to you guys I can now be a lot more productive at work. :D

Kev

• Like 1

same here and not only insurgency, this is happening with tf2, csgo, farcry3, cod4, pointblank. Really, i can run only wolf:et.

Edited by Narug0

Hi kevlar, thnx for the info. Great you got it working after all!

I just got my payment back from steam (nice quick serfice).. So for me it is too late atm.

Maybe later I will try it.. Or just get a better settup .. Thnx anyways!