New battlefield 1 And COD Infinite warfare trailers

Night Hunter

One of the first things I thought when Battlefield 1 was announced was that it would take quite a trick to convince players to give up their high-tech, laser-sighted assault rifles in favor of bolt-action clunkers. The M4 carbine fires up to 950 rounds per minute; the Lee-Enfield, in the hands of a skilled user, could manage about 30. But it doesn't look like that's necessarily going to be an issue. 

“The arsenal of Battlefield 1's weaponry is super-exciting to me,” Design Director Lars Gustavsson says in the video. “We have been allowed to open up a totally new world. [it's] not another M16 that we're about to build.” 

Be that as it may, there's an awful lot of automatic fire on display here, and for all practical purposes I'm not sure that the Lewis is going to be all that terribly different from an M249. Which is not at all a complaint, but let's be honest: there's not a shred of doubt in my mind that “research” is really just code for “Hey guys, let's go shoot some cool guns!” (And hey, you can't blame anyone for that.) 

Of course, realism isn't the goal here, and Animator Christofer Brandtieng specifically noted that EA is not “recreating the past” with Battlefield 1. “We're taking inspiration, and then we're trying to take this into a modern perspective,” he says. A point driven home to us when we recently showed the game to a World War 1 historian for their take on EA's interpretation.

We had an up-close look at the weapons available in the Battlefield 1 alpha last month, which you can dig into here. Battlefield 1 is set to come out on October 21.

A short but sweet one here as this new Call of Duty Infinite Warfare video gets us better acquainted with the character you'll be playing: Captain Reyes. 

Not that he starts as Cap'n though. As this trailer shows that's a field promotion after an attack by the Settlement Defence force kills everyone above him on UNSA Retribution. Cue sudden weight of responsibilities and a trip to the moon to keep supply pipelines flowing. 

Of course just because Reyes was a pilot/soldier before his new found position doesn't mean he's tied to the bridge, hence the whole 'commander and a fighter' thing. Watch to the end for the cool parting quip that says "I mean business' (and I'm really cool). 

I refuse to support EA Dice... :/

They used realism as an excuse to not include female MP options... and then I see this stupid nonsense...

Of course, realism isn't the goal here, and Animator Christofer Brandtieng specifically noted that EA is not “recreating the past” with Battlefield 1. “We're taking inspiration, and then we're trying to take this into a modern perspective,” he says. A point driven home to us when we recently showed the game to a World War 1 historian for their take on EA's interpretation.

Wtf >.<

An ex-dev spoke out on the matter a couple months ago...

Battlefield 1 doesn’t have female soldiers because ‘boys wouldn’t find it believable’

Battlefield 1 is primed to shake up the online shooter genre with a surprisingly vibrant and colorful look at the First World War. Yet there’s one area Battlefield 1 still resembles its previous games: no female soldiers.
One might think this is because women didn’t serve combat roles – which isn’t true – but according to former DICE coder Amandine Coget, it’s because the project leads thought boys wouldn’t find it believable.
“The original BF1 pitch given onstage was WW1, with one caveat: ‘screw realism, we’re adding female soldiers, because we’re way overdue’,” Coget wrote on Twitter. “Turns out BF1 was going for realism after all! Female [characters] matter but ‘it’s just not the game we’re making’.”

Coget adds that DICE made several decisions for Battlefield 1 which have nothing to do with historical realism – including how tanks function or the lethality rates of early parachutes – but female soldiers still wouldn’t appear in multiplayer.

“I did eventually get them to spit out the real reasons,” said Coget. “All that is believable but female soldiers are not, to the core audience of boys.”
It’s worth mentioning that Battlefield 1’s story campaign features a female lead character, so DICE isn’t ignoring the gender entirely.
Even so, the lack of playable female characters in multiplayer is pretty noticeable compared to 2016’s other shooters, including Overwatch and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.
Then you have the historical fact that women played a huge role in World War 1, even serving as combatants in nations like Russia. While it won’t impact gameplay itself, we shouldn’t be surprised if DICE changes its mind on this decision before Battlefield 1’s October 21 launch date.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/13/battlefield-1-doesnt-have-female-soldiers-because-boys-wouldnt-find-it-believable/

:/  It would be one thing if they were going for realism entirely... but they're not... it's an alternative universe timeline. -.- it's also a multiplayer mode... a mode that doesn't involve storyline. Just bleh.

I haven't played COD since Black Ops 2... but I think I'll buy the new COD just purely out of spite. xD

• Like 1

I refuse to support EA Dice... :/

They used realism as an excuse to not include female MP options... and then I see this stupid nonsense...

"It’s worth mentioning that Battlefield 1’s story campaign features a female lead character".

And if that's your reason for not buying a game, the BF1 community will be better off.

Women in 2016 are like..

nintendo-game-boy-feminist-triggered.jpg

hey my last name is Reyes!!!! But it's a character in infinite warfare.... FFFFFFFFFFFFFF**************************************************************************KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

gg nub

Well the discussion of why Battlefield 1 has no female characters in multiplayer is something like a controversy/viral.

gg nub

Well the discussion of why Battlefield 1 has no female characters in multiplayer is something like a controversy/viral.

everything that doesn't include a female is controversial/viral lately. lol

How f***ing rude. -.- Just bash women because some of us are tired of misrepresentation in the FPS MP market... like, real mature. What next? Are you going to call other men cucks because you're so alpha? The fact that you had to try and put me down really says a lot about you, Meow.

I'm not buying COD or BF or any other MP focused FPS for single player. It's great that they have a female lead in the campaign.... Amazing. I applaud them! But to not include female MP options because "boys wouldn't find it believable". That is a stupid excuse. :/ They couldn't even be assed to do it for BF4 or Hardline.. which are very modern games... Dice doesn't seem to understand that there are women in police service and military positions.

I don't think it's too much to ask for a little inclusion in the MP market by companies like Dice. I like customization in my games. I love FPS games. So to find an FPS game that lets me relate in any way... is great. Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Splash Damage, Respawn... and other such AAA devs are evolving to understand this. So... I will support them. Happily. If Dice wants to evolve.. I will happily support them too. Maybe on their next game?  Until then I have a right to be miffed that the only reason we're not included in the MP experience is because 'boys wouldn't find it believable'... that is just wrong.

Like I said.. if they had gone traditional route of realism... fine. I get that... But they're not. It's an alternate timeline. It's not historically fact. They changed their original stance for fear of pissing off boys. That is my problem with the whole thing...

But... whatever, I guess. I'm wrong... 'cause feminazi'? (Which I get annoyed with). 

How f***ing rude. -.- Just bash women because some of us are tired of misrepresentation in the FPS MP market... like, real mature. What next? Are you going to call other men cucks because you're so alpha? The fact that you had to try and put me down really says a lot about you, Meow.

I'm not buying COD or BF or any other MP focused FPS for single player. It's great that they have a female lead in the campaign.... Amazing. I applaud them! But to not include female MP options because "boys wouldn't find it believable". That is a stupid excuse. :/ They couldn't even be assed to do it for BF4 or Hardline.. which are very modern games... Dice doesn't seem to understand that there are women in police service and military positions.

I don't think it's too much to ask for a little inclusion in the MP market by companies like Dice. I like customization in my games. I love FPS games. So to find an FPS game that lets me relate in any way... is great. Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Splash Damage, Respawn... and other such AAA devs are evolving to understand this. So... I will support them. Happily. If Dice wants to evolve.. I will happily support them too. Maybe on their next game?  Until then I have a right to be miffed that the only reason we're not included in the MP experience is because 'boys wouldn't find it believable'... that is just wrong.

Like I said.. if they had gone traditional route of realism... fine. I get that... But they're not. It's an alternate timeline. It's not historically fact. They changed their original stance for fear of pissing off boys. That is my problem with the whole thing...

But... whatever, I guess. I'm wrong... 'cause feminazi'? (Which I get annoyed with). 

Well, mostly they don't add women is because (in my opinion, I am not trying to start anything) But I think it might lead to further and more disturbed scenes in the game where you are stabbing a woman with a bayonet or shooting a woman which (to me) would be too much. I think that it would lead to more damage to a gamer's mind to actually see that a woman is dying. Ya'know? Now some of you might be saying, "Well men die too in video games and it is pretty graphic" Well, You got me there! Lol. But seriously, to me I think it would be more graphic if a player gets a chance to kill a woman in a video game. That is just what I am saying.

Hell no I'm no Alpha.

I'm not bashing you in particular, you just brought that "controversy" that is in my opinion stupid and shouldn't even be a controversy.

That's the same thing with the NASA guy who landed a robot on a comet who got bashed on cause he had a shirt with women on it (that his gf gave him).

Many games, you named them, have girls in it so who the hell cares if some games, which has never been about character customization, don't have girls?

EA doesn't have that many MP games but you can just look at their single player ones; Mirror's edge (lead character is a girl), Mass effect and Dragon age where you can customize your character. I've played those games many times both as a guy and a girl.

I'm pretty sure they came up with that reason cause they had none when the question was asked. I wouldn't care if there was a girl in it, but I do think it just wouldn't fit.

And honestly, which guy would not feel bad when stabbing a hot girl (they don't make them ugly in video games usually) in the throat just to steal her dog-tag?

• Like 1

Hell no I'm no Alpha.

I'm not bashing you in particular, you just brought that "controversy" that is in my opinion stupid and shouldn't even be a controversy.

That's the same thing with the NASA guy who landed a robot on a comet who got bashed on cause he had a shirt with women on it (that his gf gave him).

Many games, you named them, have girls in it so who the hell cares if some games, which has never been about character customization, don't have girls?

EA doesn't have that many MP games but you can just look at their single player ones; Mirror's edge (lead character is a girl), Mass effect and Dragon age where you can customize your character. I've played those games many times both as a guy and a girl.

I'm pretty sure they came up with that reason cause they had none when the question was asked. I wouldn't care if there was a girl in it, but I do think it just wouldn't fit.

And honestly, which guy would not feel bad when stabbing a hot girl (they don't make them ugly in video games usually) in the throat just to steal her dog-tag?

First sorry if I b*** snapped >.<  Couple of drinks and the feisty comes out <_<  I find such controversy stupid too. ...Especially the shirt issue... they made him cry. So heartbreaking.. :(  I just voiced more of a pet peeve with dice itself. The explanation they gave... just bleh. It discourages me from buying their games.  Just my personal feeling and not something I would start a war over like some people.  

Ea does have some great single player experiences!  I like to play both sides too because in some games it's a different experience altogether... but I like these options in mp too! ^.^ More customization over how we play is always a huge bonus. 

Pfffft. Feel bad! No mercy on the battlefield! <3

• Like 1

First sorry if I b*** snapped >.<  Couple of drinks and the feisty comes out <_<  I find such controversy stupid too. ...Especially the shirt issue... they made him cry. So heartbreaking.. :(  I just voiced more of a pet peeve with dice itself. The explanation they gave... just bleh. It discourages me from buying their games.  Just my personal feeling and not something I would start a war over like some people.  

Ea does have some great single player experiences!  I like to play both sides too because in some games it's a different experience altogether... but I like these options in mp too! ^.^ More customization over how we play is always a huge bonus. 

Pfffft. Feel bad! No mercy on the battlefield! <3

lol np, I'm sorry too if I sounded like a d*** in the first post.

And yeah well, maybe I'd show you mercy on the battlefield, maybe not :P

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.jpg

Hah.

And holy shit.

That video has to be the biggest clusterf*** of stupidity I have watched in a while. Dude contradicts himself in the first minute of the video. Does it again a couple time throughout. He sounds like a 16 year old squeeker so I probably shouldn't expect a whole lot, but god damn dude. Formulate a f***in' coherent argument.

I'm torn on what one to get, if I get either. WW1 sounds cool, but we had a long ass run of WW themed shooters. Granted most are old as f***, but I don't want this to spawn another 10 years of stale creativity of WW clones. Not big on most COD games, but space battles and Zero G sound fun as shit. They might have copy and paste mechanics, but when it comes to ways you can kill someone COD seems to have some of the more insane and imaginative measures of gameplay.

Then again, I might just say screw it and buy Titanfall 2. First one was pretty rad. Robots punchin' robots is the shit.