Could anyone help me install Wine on Linux?

Not too long ago I wiped Windows 10 off my HDD and installed SteamOS in its place. I am trying to setup Wine so I can run Windows compat. software on Linux. I am not to knowledgeable with compiling packages/sources on Linux.  :blink:  :unsure:

Is anyone familiar with Wine? Could anyone attempt to help me install it? I have tried to follow the instructions on WineHQ two times... neither time was successful.. :(

Thanks in advance!  :)

Also, base system: SteamOS GNU/Linux 2.0 (brewmaster) 64-bit

Edited by David-your-friend

• 1 month later...

Did it work and are u playing energy territor pro on it ?

ET should work even on linux without wine, some say even better than on Win...Havent tried myself lately, but used to have ET USB Live Ubuntu Stick- ETULUS

• Clan Friend

Did it work and are u playing energy territor pro on it ?

never tried playing etpro via wine because I play with the Linux version, but I can try and see... I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work, but you never know

from the other thread I see u are using a Mac, wine should be similar to the thing you are trying to use

yeah im asking because of mac. et pro isnt working with wine . since now jammed and silent is working via "playonmac" its really weird, thought maybe others have problems too with wine. but it seems to be an issue with mac...

• Clan Friend

yeah im asking because of mac. et pro isnt working with wine . since now jammed and silent is working via "playonmac" its really weird, thought maybe others have problems too with wine. but it seems to be an issue with mac...

I tried it, and it crashes on Linux as well... not for other mods but just etpro