More Server Suggestions

Kevlar

In an earlier thread I had mentioned a few possible suggestions for the server.  Well, I'm feeling brave now, so I'm gonna throw out a few more.  If we are willing to make changes,  I think its better to make as many as possible at one time.  It's also easier on the Leads instead of them messing with it every couple weeks.

*** Keep in mind that these are not necessarily things that I personally like but things that I think may give our guests a overall better experience playing on our server.***  

1.) Dump all night maps.  Some people like them but for the most part they kill the server.  

2.) Consider a fixed map rotation (eliminate voting for maps).  I've noticed that people seem less frustrated if there is no voting.  It's just the next map and you get what you get.  This would require a small amount of on going server maintenance as the rotation would need to be changed every 60-90 days.

3.) Limit the game modes to Check Point, Outpost and Survival.  I like Hunt but if you get killed quickly you have to sit and wait for the next round to re-spawn, which could take 10-12 mins.  Our guests ( and me ) are likely to leave vs. sit and watching someone else play.

4.) Limit the games to 3 per round.  We are currently set to 5 games per round and even on really popular maps 5 games of the same map can get boring and again, our guests are likely to leave. 

5.) Enable the "death message" in the bottom left of screen ( sv_hud_deathmessages) .  It lets you know when a Bot is killed and who did it ( =F|A=Kevlar killed Bot Krayzie ).  Even though we are playing CO-OP there is still some competition between players.  If I see my teammate racking up the kills - I will stop camping ( not that I ever camp :-P) and go get in on the action.

6.) Consider increasing the Load Out / Supply Points.  Not so much that they can get every option for every weapon but maybe 7 or 8 vs. the 2 or 3 we are currently set at.  I believe that people will play where they think they can get the best average setup.

Thats it for now.  These are just thoughts / suggestions.  Please give some feed back. 

*** For the people that just read that whole thing and have no idea what I'm talking about - come play a couple rounds!! If you need or want the game - just PM me and we'll make that happen.

• Like 4

1. I love night maps :(

2. Im okay with this

3. Actually outpost is just a clusterf*** and even more so when there is a bunch of clueless playes which leads to leaving the server

4. This is good

5. COR BLIMEY hell no, this aint csgo (Game has a great comunication wheel and a voice chat, those can be death messages)

6. As above but this is downgrading the dificulty, this game wasnt made to be easy

7. I wish there was some setting that would adjust the amount of bots to people... these bots are easy enough but when you are alone or just 2 of you you will just get swarmed

• Like 1

7. I wish there was some setting that would adjust the amount of bots to people... these bots are easy enough but when you are alone or just 2 of you you will just get swarmed

I believe you can do this by calling a vote. You can vote to increase / decrease the number of bots as well as their difficulty. I think you have to play a couple full rounds before it will let you call a vote.

You can also vote to change to any available map or kick a particular player.

• Administrators

Little off topic : http://fearless-assassins.com/insurgency_server.html  Added on website. 

Kevlar do you have access to our wiki? http://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page  - If not please let me know and I will add u account on it. This way you can update it.

My to cents

1.) Agree (no night maps)

2.) Disagree. Lets keep voting please. I wouldn't mind if maps rotated, but some game modes are boring with more or less players. For instance, Hunt is boring with a full server, but fun for 1-3 people. Conquer is boring/difficult with too few but fun with many etc. (no voting for maps)

3.) Disagree :) I hate outpost personally, but love hunt. I'm sure some people are the other way around, so lets keep them all. (reducing game-modes)

4.) Agree, If we really want to play them again, its as easy as clicking "replay" so why force everyone to play 5? (5 rounds)

5.) Don't mind either way(Showing kills)

6.) I actually like the relative scarcity of the points, but wouldn't really mind much either way. (supply points)

And also. anyone know what happened to the weapons?
Before we went pvp and back again we had a lot more options. The main reason why I wanted the F|A server to go back to coop was that I couldn't find those weapon options in any other sever, or I would just keep playing some other coop server.

• Like 2

I actually like team killing.

I knew it!

Ok, let's do a quick one...

1. Night maps are too dark for my old eyes.

2. I prefer voting, but will not get too turned off by rotation.

3. If voting stays - hunt should stay.

4. 3 rounds sounds like a smart move

5. Could be fun. Besides - anything to stop Kevs camping.

6. Either way is fine by me. I don't seem to get any better with bigger guns anyway.

/Ooops

• Like 1

So I have been playing this lately, but every time I connect to the server its in Skirmish mode, so I end up running around by myself, no bots to kill.  While I want to camp when I can, alot of times I jump on servers when I'm on break from work.  I think it would be easier to keep people on if they had something to kill :)

So I have been playing this lately, but every time I connect to the server its in Skirmish mode, so I end up running around by myself, no bots to kill.  While I want to camp when I can, alot of times I jump on servers when I'm on break from work.  I think it would be easier to keep people on if they had something to kill :)

The server flipped back to PvP with the 32 slots.  I PM'd Narug0 and he got it back to the regular 8 slot CO-OP mode.  Everything should be back to normal now and there should be plenty of Bots to kill. 

• Like 1

Back to kev's suggestions.  Keep in mind everyone has their on opinion, me included.  Now when it went to PvP I never had anyone to play against so I went to other servers and got to see how the other half lives.  Some were good, a lot were not.  So some of my sentiments will look like others that have already replied and some of my responses are in direct relation to what i saw with other servers.

1.) Dump all night maps.  Some people like them but for the most part they kill the server.  For me I cannot see anything in the night maps.  I last about 10 seconds on these even with the night vision on I cannot see the enemy.  I get shot and have no idea were it came from so I get frustrated and leave looking for another server that is playing a daytime map.

2.) Consider a fixed map rotation (eliminate voting for maps).  I've noticed that people seem less frustrated if there is no voting.  It's just the next map and you get what you get.  This would require a small amount of on going server maintenance as the rotation would need to be changed every 60-90 days. Personally I like the vote option and sometimes the group that is playing a server can actually come to a conclusion as to what they want to play as a team. It is funny when we are getting beat every map someone will suggest replay and everyone is "hell yea, we'll get this".

3.) Limit the game modes to Check Point, Outpost and Survival.  I like Hunt but if you get killed quickly you have to sit and wait for the next round to re-spawn, which could take 10-12 mins.  Our guests ( and me ) are likely to leave vs. sit and watching someone else play. Okay, with this I despise Survival.  If this game type comes up I leave.  It is not fun to me.  Now, I personally like Hunt in an empty server as it gives me a personal challenge that I have completed on more than one occasion. I've also played the game with several people on it and I have never had any issues with it. Checkpoint and Outpost are fine with me.

4.) Limit the games to 3 per round.  We are currently set to 5 games per round and even on really popular maps 5 games of the same map can get boring and again, our guests are likely to leave. No problem setting it to 3 as someone stated you can select replay if you want to continue the same game.

5.) Enable the "death message" in the bottom left of screen ( sv_hud_deathmessages) .  It lets you know when a Bot is killed and who did it ( =F|A=Kevlar killed Bot Krayzie ).  Even though we are playing CO-OP there is still some competition between players.  If I see my teammate racking up the kills - I will stop camping ( not that I ever camp :-P) and go get in on the action.  No problem with this.  I played a server with this and while interesting it wasn't a make or break issue with me.

6.) Consider increasing the Load Out / Supply Points.  Not so much that they can get every option for every weapon but maybe 7 or 8 vs. the 2 or 3 we are currently set at.  I believe that people will play where they think they can get the best average setup.  I agree in that some servers I've played limited many options. For instance if I selected Support in one server, other than a red dot sight I wasn't allowed anything else.  They gametype required the destruction of caches and I couldn't select any munitions to destroy caches.  I thought this was stupid as at one point to advance I needed to destroy a cache and had nothing.  All the enemy drops from kills had vanished so I had to restart the game. I have been on other servers where I had the option to switch out the frag for the incendiary and it also allowed me to have heavy armor and AP bullets.  This was enough, but not so much that I felt it was an unfair advantage. It seemed every server was different in this respect so it must be setting that can be made to adjust things like this.

As for the team kill - I say leave it on.  It makes you work to identify targets and personally I did not find a server that had it turned off.  Not that I played a lot, but the few I did explore all had team killing on.  On one were I accidentally killed a team mate it put me in time out until the round was up.

• Like 2

In regards to night maps, have you guys tried the NVG ? Works pretty well in my opinion. I do like at least the occasional night map. Ads a new level of challenge.

In regards to night maps, have you guys tried the NVG ? Works pretty well in my opinion. I do like at least the occasional night map. Ads a new level of challenge.

Execept when it's pitch dark I actually see less with the NVG. :(

I have added Insurgency member grp on forums. 

Could you also add a specific subforum for this game in tracker plz?

After seeing how does it looks and how does it feel to play with Friendly fire off i must say im dissapointed, Utterly fun and tactical approach turned into a grenade lobbing, rpg/c4 spamming clusterf***. When FF is enabled you actually have to use explosives with caution

And just to clarify I don't want FF to be on to teamkill Ooops, Ask him I can do that even when the FF is off