Nq3 - map voting

Platonic

We need some kind of solution for the map rotation on nq3 imo.

Because there are often very few people online (like 2-6), often no one votes for maps. I try to avoid that by using !maps command but I can't always be there :P

If no one votes for a map, the same map just loads again. You can guess what happens next. Everyone except regulars and admins disconnects.

3 ideas to solve this:

-add a map rotation, subsidiary to the map voting system (the best but no idea if it's possible, that's why I made 2 other suggestions)

-add nextmap command to level 16+ or

-shift nq3 back to map roation

The way it runs now is a bit problematic in my experience, feel free to share your thoughts.

• Like 2

+1 to shift to map rotation. Yeah sure give !nextmap command to higher lvl's, but what when you guys are not online? I think good old map rotation is best solution. I noticed when I'm on server even with few players they don't vote, 3 or 4 days ago there was Oasis map for like 3 times lol. Therefore I think it should be map rotation like on nq1 (im thinking of map rotation system not maps themselves rofl).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

We need some kind of solution for the map rotation on nq3 imo.

Because there are often very few people online (like 2-6), often no one votes for maps. I try to avoid that by using !maps command but I can't always be there :P

If no one votes for a map, the same map just loads again. You can guess what happens next. Everyone except regulars and admins disconnects.

3 ideas to solve this:

-add a map rotation, subsidiary to the map voting system (the best but no idea if it's possible, that's why I made 2 other suggestions)

-add nextmap command to level 16+ or

-shift nq3 back to map roation

The way it runs now is a bit problematic in my experience, feel free to share your thoughts.

I am going to work on it so that when no one votes it would load up other maps and not same one. Please report it on tracker. jaymod and silent are mostly done except menu and soundpack.

• Like 2