What do you think of World of Warcraft?

Rex55

World Of Warcraft  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of World of Warcraft??

• It's addicting
    • It ruins lives
    • It ruins peoples social life
    • It ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
    • It SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
    • It's a game that makes people aggressive.
    • All of the above (except 4.)

This is my first "general" topic and i picked World of Warcraft as the subject...

I want to ask all of you guys your opinion of World Of Warcraft. In my personal expirience, I gotta say I've played the game for 1 year but that was 1 year ago. I originally started playing the game with 2 of my friends. After we decided that the game is boring and heavily addicting, we stopped playing and made a deal we would never play the game again...

Many people from the clan play the game and others despise it... Me being on of them!

After seeing someone from the clan making a video about his World of Warcraft characters i started thinking about the matter. The person who made the video is one of the 2 friends... He belongs in the clan, Most of you know him and his channel is in the following link. If you want to see his channel

I will allow you to make only 1 wild guess IF you want... If you guess correctly i will tell you who it is....

Also, the point of the subject is to tell me your opinion of World Of Warcraft! Comment below what you think about the game and answer to my poll... You can pick as MANY as you want!!!

:thanks

Smell ya later guys :hi

Edited by Rex55

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is, why is WoW any more addictive then Cod4, or Gears of War, or Halo, or Runescape, or Aion, or Gunbound, or Starcraft, or Empire Earth, or Command and Conquer, or Pacman (lol), or Mario Cart, or any other video game made? (i haven't played runesecape or Aion yet tho, :D)

All of us play a video game almost every day for many hours. You could argue that any game is addictive more then another?

WoW can't suck that much, if 11,000,000+ people play it in the world. Especially since most people who play WoW, play first person shooters as well. All my friends who play WoW, play(ed) Halo, Halo 2, Gears of Warcraft, CoD3-CoD5, Guitar Hero, and who knows how many more video games. Plus we all play soccer and b-ball a lot too, hell I'd say that i'm addicted to sports. xD (especially during the summer) :)

(i haven't played runesecape or Aion yet tho, )

Is that cause you are too busy playing wow? lol

But on a more serious note, WoW is seriously a terrible game, from lvl 1 onward. There is nothing fun to do, the graphics are seriously depressing and the sound is boring as hell. The only props that WoW has is the south park episode. Using FA forums is more entertaining than WoW.

WoW is just like any other videogame; it will attract select people and not others. Sure it's addicting, but does that mean CoD and Enemy Territory are not?

People probably frown upon my enemy territory gaming, but I love the game.

WoW huuuuuuuh? I Think its a very nice way to make muuuuuch money for a shit game! I know just little kids that play it and the rest of the people i know which play WoW i have never seen again!! :rolleyes:

Think they might be lost in that game as an Ork...... :yahoo

Haha, well I tired runescape but i stopped 5 min into it. The worst game i've ever played.

How does it destroy lives? I played it for 2 years and well my life has been destroyed. lol (i guess i'm a WoW survivor lmao, gonna start playing it again this summer)

Explain how it has destroyed lives plz :P

Is that cause you are too busy playing wow? lol

But on a more serious note, WoW is seriously a terrible game, from lvl 1 onward. There is nothing fun to do, the graphics are seriously depressing and the sound is boring as hell. The only props that WoW has is the south park episode. Using FA forums is more entertaining than WoW.

The south park episode was hilarious!! lol

But i mean, i loved lvling up my characters. New dungeons, armor, ppl to talk to, quests, items, etc. lvl 10+ you can go do pvp, lvl 30 you have your mount, lvl 60 your epic mount, lvl 70 flying mount. Lvl 60 - 80 you can go do raids.

Bunch of different races and classes to choose from. Each class has 3 specs and each person pretty much has their own unique build. You can get different "jobs", mining, blacksmith, etc (i believe there are like 8-10 or so).

The graphics aren't going to be amazing, but its a freaken huge world so what do you expect? Plus its not like W:ET has amazing graphics either. (neither does Cod4).

I agree that the sound is boring, but just open up itunes (or something like that) and play some rock or w/e u like :P

Haha, well I tired runescape but i stopped 5 min into it. The worst game i've ever played.

How does it destroy lives? I played it for 2 years and well my life has been destroyed. lol (i guess i'm a WoW survivor lmao, gonna start playing it again this summer)

Explain how it has destroyed lives plz :P

Well AJ if you REALLY want to know.. I'm going to tell you a real story of one of my friends.

One day, I thought of buying world of warcraft to play it just for fun and stuff but i didn't want to play it all by myself. So my friend (not gonna tell his name) started playing the game with me. I used to play 1-2 hours MAX every day and he followed with me.

After 1 week of play time... he didn't come with us to the movies, meet girls etc. We didn't know WHY until he told me that he was playing WOW all that time... One day he invited me to his house to bring my laptop and go play with him in an "instance" or whatever you call it. When i went there I was SHOCKED!!!!!! He has gained 50 pounds or more, He has a microphone in his head yelling YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF NOOBS!!!! and his mother told me "He spends all his time in there... I don't know what to do"

He was YELLING swearing and all that stuff non-stop.

I stopped talking to him eversince. He sucks at school even though he was a GREAT student, he doesn't date, talk on the phone. When i call him to say "WHAZAAAAAAAA"... he talks to me about his raids and his instances.

Some people (like me and you) are lucky that we're not SO addicted...

Haven't you ever typed "Addicted wow kid" on youtube?? You'd be SUPRISED!!!! :hmm

:comehere <---- Click this guy to see a video of what i mean!! Trust me, even if it is fake (but it's not) there are tons of REAL reactions like that... I laughed SOOO hard at 1:08

Also Click this guy to see another video ----->:hi This is a REAL story 100%. I mean.. IT HAS TAYRA BANKS IN IT!!! (I hope i spelled that right... She's from America's Next Top Model BTW)

Edited by Rex55

Well, it ruins life.

hehe click

Lol dumbass gamer.

Well AJ if you REALLY want to know.. I'm going to tell you a real story of one of my friends.

One day, I thought of buying world of warcraft to play it just for fun and stuff but i didn't want to play it all by myself. So my friend (not gonna tell his name) started playing the game with me. I used to play 1-2 hours MAX every day and he followed with me.

After 1 week of play time... he didn't come with us to the movies, meet girls etc. We didn't know WHY until he told me that he was playing WOW all that time... One day he invited me to his house to bring my laptop and go play with him in an "instance" or whatever you call it. When i went there I was SHOCKED!!!!!! He has gained 50 pounds or more, He has a microphone in his head yelling YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF NOOBS!!!! and his mother told me "He spends all his time in there... I don't know what to do"

He was YELLING swearing and all that stuff non-stop.

I stopped talking to him eversince. He sucks at school even though he was a GREAT student, he doesn't date, talk on the phone. When i call him to say "WHAZAAAAAAAA"... he talks to me about his raids and his instances.

Some people (like me and you) are lucky that we're not SO addicted...

Haven't you ever typed "Addicted wow kid" on youtube?? You'd be SUPRISED!!!! :hmm

:comehere <---- Click this guy to see a video of what i mean!! Trust me, even if it is fake (but it's not) there are tons of REAL reactions like that... I laughed SOOO hard at 1:08

Also Click this guy to see another video ----->:hi This is a REAL story 100%. I mean.. IT HAS TAYRA BANKS IN IT!!! (I hope i spelled that right... She's from America's Next Top Model BTW)

i'm sry bro, that sux... :/

I used to play WoW, i loved it, got into a bit much. It did make me aggressive, but only in the game really. It was an intresting game, even though i wasnt too good at leveling. And how can you complain about the graphics? WoW has the BEST graphics of any game, By FAR. CoD4 graphics look like shit compared to it. Maybe alotta pple hate WoW because of the graphics because it wasnt meant to be played on a shit laptop, or even a good laptop at that.