• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

XP problem

- - - - - xp amount

Best Answer RedBaird, 29 April 2016 - 05:56 PM

... . my xp went to minus -328 or something ...

... well now my xp in the list when map is over is at 67043 but ingame its at 1435 . ok maby a glitch the 67043 does increase with the other ingame value . ok thanks

ET was not designed for "XP Forever".   :)  The TAB-display will show your correct XP, but when it goes over 64K, your playing screen will show it becoming negative and eventually increasing to a positive number again.   65536 - 67043 = -1507  

The numbers will never be the same again.   :)   

I am not sure where the negative sign comes from, unless these are stored as some kind of "packed decimals" and the 64k +1 overflows into the sign bit.

ADDED:  I was just spectating you on Jay #1 and trying to catch your numbers while you were firing the mortar.

After three tries, I finally got 67421 - 1885 = 65536 (64k)

67421 from TAB display

1885 from your HUD (no - sign)

That still does not explain the sign for the negative numbers that we see in our HUDs sometimes.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

=PoW=GeneralLee

=PoW=GeneralLee

L1: Learner

• Regular User
  • 20 posts
A step in the right direction

Hi all i was playing the other night ,threw a airstrike had a teamkill person filed complaint . my xp went to minus -328 or something ,the player was eventually kicked because he was being a tool.

name was chat shit ___ ___  . well now my xp in the list when map is over is at 67043 but ingame its at 1435 . ok maby a glitch the 67043 does increase with the other ingame value . ok thanks

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Pepperonipizza

Pepperonipizza

L7: Teacher

• Co-Leader
  • 1,196 posts
Has a spectacular aura
  • Admin:19
  • Server:NQ1
  • T-M:1-1
Contributor

What server was this at?

How do you know that your ingame xp is 1435?

D..X

D..X

L10: Grand Master

• Co-Leader
  • 4,738 posts
Glorious beacon of light
  • EvolveHQ:FAdx
  • Admin:19
  • Server:NQ1
  • Alias:=F|A=D..X
  • Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:33951744
  • T-M:ET: 15-9

Donator

hard core is the only server a player can file a complaint on the server  

RedBaird

RedBaird

What does this thing do? I will push it and see...

• Leader
  • 6,191 posts
Glorious beacon of light
  • EvolveHQ:FA_Redbaird
  • Admin:20
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:=F|A=RedBaird
  • T-M:ET: 13-4

Donator

✓  Best Answer

... . my xp went to minus -328 or something ...

... well now my xp in the list when map is over is at 67043 but ingame its at 1435 . ok maby a glitch the 67043 does increase with the other ingame value . ok thanks

ET was not designed for "XP Forever".   :)  The TAB-display will show your correct XP, but when it goes over 64K, your playing screen will show it becoming negative and eventually increasing to a positive number again.   65536 - 67043 = -1507  

The numbers will never be the same again.   :)   

I am not sure where the negative sign comes from, unless these are stored as some kind of "packed decimals" and the 64k +1 overflows into the sign bit.

ADDED:  I was just spectating you on Jay #1 and trying to catch your numbers while you were firing the mortar.

After three tries, I finally got 67421 - 1885 = 65536 (64k)

67421 from TAB display

1885 from your HUD (no - sign)

That still does not explain the sign for the negative numbers that we see in our HUDs sometimes.

Edited by RedBaird, 29 April 2016 - 08:19 PM.
add Realtime values

=PoW=GeneralLee

=PoW=GeneralLee

L1: Learner

• Regular User
  • 20 posts
A step in the right direction

Hi thanks

the minus sign was there went to 0 then i started gaining ingame xp without the minus

the xp that shows in the tab did not have a minus symbol

the player that filed , did say in a pm after i asked him why he filed he said " what are you crying now that your xp is -368 i did it because i hate your face" lol whatever . he was pming the admin and other players vulgar messages

then was kicked said"player chit shit ___ ___ kicked learn some respect" i dont know the admin on at the time

ok thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users