Macbook

Tensely

Hey guys, someone of you are using Macbook? I am thinking about to get one. I want to use this laptop for internet browsing, watching movies and etc ( wont play games). Is it good ? How it works ? 

Hello Tensley,

there are some good things about apple products and some not so good ones. I used windows laptops for years and just got a macbook pro for work. The quality of the product is amazing. It feels stable, it is fast and looks good. Macs seem to be a bit less maintenance than windows laptops/computers. You have an app store where updates can be made with one click. You dont have to care too much about where you install tools and permissions/warning popups. Apple does a good job if you have multiple devices. If you have an iphone and a mac, you can connect them and make calls, send text messages from the mac.

On the other hand, macs come with a bigger price tag. Also, windows is better integrated with its own tools. Like if you use the office suite, outlook remote desktop tools or even active directory in the company, i would recommend to stick with windows. With windows you have more flexibility what vendor you like and what design you like. if it is a Dell, Hp, Toshiba, Lenovo etc.

Let me know how you decide :)

• Like 2

Macs are exceptional devices. For your uses, i'd say they are perfect. One drawback is that there isn't as much software support as there is for windows, but it isn't that bad. So you'll need to look up what software your using and see if they offer a download for Mac or an alternative that you could use. Macs possess great build quality, great battery life, and ergonomics. They really are premium devices. Another drawback is that it's quality comes with a high price tag. You could most definitely get a windows ultrabook for a cheaper price, but you'll probably get less in return in terms of build quality, performance, and hardware issues. Since you don't plan to game on it then you'll be doing yourself a favor. 

I'd say if you're looking for something of all-around quality, reliable, easy to use and long lasting then get yourself a Macbook. (I suggest Pro>Air>Macbook 2016) 

If you get a Pro, you'll be getting quality and performance.

If you get an Air, you'll get quality, less performance (not much), less ports, lower-res screen, and 3* more hours of battery life than the Pro.

If you get the Macbook 2016, you'll get quality but only one USB-C port, less or same battery life as the air, but an extremely light and portable device.

*Battery life is determined on your use of course

NOTE: Do NOT get a Macbook right now. Wait until June 13-17 where Apple WWDC event premieres. They will announce NEW Macbook Pro's and maybe Airs.

• Like 1

Well, i should ask first, how much can he affort for his laptop?

WOuldn't be a good idea to try out a laptop with linux as main OS?

You could get in this case: nice product, with stability of the OS without paying full price (imo)

(I would recommend ya to go for Asus or Msi, those two rocks, i doubt you haven't heard of them, and have installed 2 OS in dual boot:

windows 10, and a linux distrib: Suse, mandriva, debian...)<=== Then again this is my point of view, it really depends on your budget, of your environment and so on.

Jobba I was thnking about buy a macbook 2016, looks great, it's really light, smooth. I was working on this laptop for around 10 or 15 minutes and I loved it. Krasnik I know that Apple products you have to pay more if u compare them to windows products, but I am able to pay for a macbook around 3-4k euro. I need stable computer, with nice battery life while working on it. Krasnik you spoke about linux system, tried it once, and I never will do that again :D I am a normal computer user like web browsing, downloading movies etc. I am not an informatic who is projecting webpages or smth :) 

• Like 2

Jobba I was thnking about buy a macbook 2016, looks great, it's really light, smooth. I was working on this laptop for around 10 or 15 minutes and I loved it. Krasnik I know that Apple products you have to pay more if u compare them to windows products, but I am able to pay for a macbook around 3-4k euro. I need stable computer, with nice battery life while working on it. Krasnik you spoke about linux system, tried it once, and I never will do that again :D I am a normal computer user like web browsing, downloading movies etc. I am not an informatic who is projecting webpages or smth :)

There you go! 

At first post, you didn't tell us the purpose of it! 

Apple products are well known for the battery life, and is fair enough for what ya intend to do with it. 

(But boy, you said you tryed linux OS, which one was it? when? 'cause some are more hard core friendly, and others easier. Even more easier than windows or mac os. :)

(besides, on your mac, you can also have more than one OS anyway ;) )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have mine since 3 years sing often cause of music software so every day sometimes all nights

Never had problem! Just going to buy Mac mini more comfort for home but still

MacBook for in tour