Issues with ET

St0rmSlaSh
Go to solution Solved by -=HipKat=-,

Hey guys! Something is going wrong with my ET. So, today I was gonna start up ET like normal. Then it was not responding. So, I went ahead and stopped the process. (My browser was not working either so I took my wifi stick out and put it back in) I then started up ET, only to see my default cfg active. I got confused so I went ahead and executed my normal cfg and now I am having some really bad fps issues. Like normally I would go like 125 and not have drops at all. But now I am going 30 fps with A LOT of drops. I actually find this very strange but I do not know how to fix this problem. If anyone would take their time and help me fix it, I would be the happiest person on earth ('Cause I really wanna kick some butt :D) Thank you guys!

When I get problem I can't solve in et, reinstalling game almost always works :) Be sure to backup silent.dat and etkey.

It would be nice if you gave us some info about your system and pc. Have you tried cvar_restart? r_picmip 3 to set low texture quality. Btw bit dumb question, did you vid_restart after you executed your normal config? (came to my mind when saw high texture quality :P)

When I get problem I can't solve in et, reinstalling game almost always works :) Be sure to backup silent.dat and etkey.

It would be nice if you gave us some info about your system and pc. Have you tried cvar_restart? r_picmip 3 to set low texture quality. Btw bit dumb question, did you vid_restart after you executed your normal config? (came to my mind when saw high texture quality :P)

Ya I did. I always do that when I exec a cfg. How do I backup my stuff?

http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/198-backing-up-restoring-your-etkey-guid/

I'd recommend to backup profile folders too. Just copy somewhere else and copy back after reinstalled. And remove .cfg files from profile folders.

http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/198-backing-up-restoring-your-etkey-guid/

I'd recommend to backup profile folders too. Just copy somewhere else and copy back after reinstalled. And remove .cfg files from profile folders.

I backed up my cfgs, my etkey, and profiles! Do I leave the first copy alone or delete it?

Alright. I put the cfg files in the folder with new names just in case

Alright, where is my guid located. Is it in my etkey? Now know :DI reinstalled it and I do not know where the game files are.  < Found it! Do I put all of my files in the backup folder and my etkey in my etmain? Also, where do my profiles go? 

Edited by St0rmSlaSh

Alright, where is my guid located. Is it in my etkey? Now know :DI reinstalled it and I do not know where the game files are. 

Sorry couldn't reply earlier.

Yes your guid is in etkey and your silent guid is in silent.dat.

When you backed up all profiles you copy it in different folder. Uinstall game, and install it again. Then put files you backed up inside it but delete config files inside profiles.(etconfig.cfg).

Files go -> etkey to etmain., profiles into each folder, it was like etmain/prifles/yourprofilename/(and files here: etconfig.cfg(which you delete), profile.dat, servercache.dat), same goes for each mod jaymod, noquarter, nq, silent.

I asked to reinstall game cause it's sometimes hard to get "original" - not modified cvars. Even by cvar_restet some cvars are not reseted.

• Platinum VIP

I had a big problem with fps drops, worse than the normal drops, and major lag. I went into /profiles/HipKat/ deleted everything then did a restart so that the .cfg's in there could rebuild themselves and it helped a lot

I had a big problem with fps drops, worse than the normal drops, and major lag. I went into /profiles/HipKat/ deleted everything then did a restart so that the .cfg's in there could rebuild themselves and it helped a lot

Like EVERYTHING?

• Platinum VIP

Like EVERYTHING?

I'm mean in /jaymod/profile/name/

There are only 2 or 3 files in there

Edited by -=HipKat=-

I think server may force com_maxfps between 43 and 125 so if your max was fps(unlimited) it might go straight to 43.

So try /com_maxfps 125

Tell me if that affects anything :P

• Like 1

I think server may force com_maxfps between 43 and 125 so if your max was fps(unlimited) it might go straight to 43.

So try /com_maxfps 125

Tell me if that affects anything :P

I did that last night when you were helping and it did not change the fps :/