This computer good?

St0rmSlaSh

Hey guys! I was looking for a new computer that has a reasonably cheap price and one that can be upgraded over time, here are the specs I found:

CPU: Intel Core I3 6100 3.7GHz (Dual Core)

GPU: Integrated Graphics

Networking: Internal Wireless N 300Mbps

Case: Grunt Case - Red  -- I do not know if this is the official name of the case

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 2133Mhz

Primary HDD: 500GB

CPU Cooling: Standard Air Cooling

Motherboard: H110 Chipset

Power Supply: EVGA 500 Watt Power Supply

The total came up to 560$. I was thinking that I could upgrade the CPU first to maybe an I5, then upgrade the GPU to maybe a gtx 750 ti or something like that.
Tell me what you guys think because it would really help me pick a better PC! Thx! If you want to see the page I got this from, here is the url: http://ironsidecomputers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28223_28241&products_id=344 <--- It does not come up as the specs I pick, but it doea hve the options if you guys have better suggestions :)
Edited by St0rmSlaSh

I think with a GPU upgrade like you suggested, and maybe dbl the ram you could be rockin..  I know some are smarter than me on these things, but with the upgrades you spoke of, I think that would be a fine PC :D

• Like 1

Pretty good budget setup, just like chameleon said upgrade your GPU and you'll be ready to go!

8 GB of RAM would be enough for gaming purpose(if that is what you're looking for).

Would not consider a I5 if you're not going to use it.

• Like 1

Change GPU the GtX 750 TI its good choice if u only going for ET online gamming. If u can go for the GTX 960.
Change Hdd500gb to an SSD (120/250GB), and then put an Hdd for backups and stuff.

I think the PSU 500Watt its a bit short.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Cheers

• Like 2

Pretty good budget setup, just like chameleon said upgrade your GPU and you'll be ready to go!

8 GB of RAM would be enough for gaming purpose(if that is what you're looking for).

Would not consider a I5 if you're not going to use it.

Ya, I was possibly thinking of going down to 4, because on my current PC, I have 2gb and it works great :D But what do you mean if I am going to "use" the I5?

• Like 1

Change GPU the GtX 750 TI its good choice if u only going for ET online gamming. If u can go for the GTX 960.

Change Hdd500gb to an SSD (120/250GB), and then put an Hdd for backups and stuff.

Cheers

I do not think I will need back ups and stuff as I got a secret for that > : )

I game ET just fine and surf net with much less...my inexpensive(cheap) system is maxed out...I myself see no reason to replace mine as long as it runs :) it sounds like a good choice for your budget if not doing things that require heavy graphic demands..good starting point..just my opinion

• Like 1

I game ET just fine and surf net with much less...my inexpensive(cheap) system is maxed out...I myself see no reason to replace mine as long as it runs :) it sounds like a good choice for your budget if not doing things that require heavy graphic demands..good starting point..just my opinion

Thank you! I was thinking of getting a new game or something so I looked at this pc

Cheers

Go with the gtx 950. Cheaper than 960 but comparable performance, plus lower power drain. 

• Like 1

Go with the gtx 950. Cheaper than 960 but comparable performance, plus lower power drain. 

My friend has that gpu, he can run league of legends at 90 fps on high. So it could ET at lightspeed XD

Edited by St0rmSlaSh

Ya, I was possibly thinking of going down to 4, because on my current PC, I have 2gb and it works great :D But what do you mean if I am going to "use" the I5?

Use it in the sense of using its potential. Are you just going to play games or are you going to let say render video or other processes that are using the CPU power.

If the answer is no just go with the i3 its powerful enough :D

I would go with 8gb, last time i checked the price difference it was small, but im living in the Netherlands and computer parts are quite expensive compared with prices @ the States. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Use it in the sense of using its potential. Are you just going to play games or are you going to let say render video or other processes that are using the CPU power.

If the answer is no just go with the i3 its powerful enough :D

I would go with 8gb, last time i checked the price difference it was small, but im living in the Netherlands and computer parts are quite expensive compared with prices @ the States. :rolleyes:

Ya, I am mainly using it for League of Legends, ET, and forums (ofc ;) )

• Like 1