So jealous also, one of 3 places I´d want to be in lifetime.

Main transportation type was metro? Quite expensive, right?

This crab looks scary, scary food;)

When\how long were you in Japan?

So jealous also, one of 3 places I´d want to be in lifetime.

Main transportation type was metro? Quite expensive, right?

This crab looks scary, scary food;)

When\how long were you in Japan?

yeah a lot of trains/subway. I bought something called a JR Pass which will get you on any JR train/bus/boat for free (pass was $260 or so for a week). Anything that wasn't a JR train I had a card to swipe through the gates. Most trains around the city cost a couple of hundred yen depending on how far you were going. The train from the Narita airport to Tokyo was about $30. The Shinkansen train that we took from Tokyo to Kyoto and from Osaka back to Tokyo was about $120 each way I think, but my JR pass covered the shinkansen trains since we took the JR one. 

If you plan on taking one of the Shinkansen trains the JR pass is definitely worth it. If you are staying just in tokyo the $260 pass would not be worth it. 

I was there from March 19th-26th. 

Only one week? I´d imagine if one was already flying to so far, would stay longer...

In a perfect world of course. I had to go before my friend was due to return to the US in April. Planned the trip on a whim in January and only had 48 hours of vacation built up.