New game - will it run?

Kat0n

Yo, so as I haven't bought a new PC game in like 3 years at least I'd like to buy The Culling, which looks interesting but I have absolutely no idea whether my pc will be able to run it or not since I'm really not good at this kind of stuff. So I would like to know if someone who knows things about graphic cards and all could tell me whether my pc would run it or not, based on the game requirements and my pc's characteristics.

PS : I don't mind having 16-20 fps, ultimately 14-15.

Game requirements available here : http://store.steampowered.com/app/437220/

My characteristics :

Processor : AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics

RAM : 6 GO

Graphic Card : AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics

DirectX version : 11.1

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

I'm very skeptical about your computer meeting the game's CPU requirements. With that said, once you buy the game, you essentially own it- so you could always buy it now and play it later.

If possible, I'd look into upgrading that APU.

• Like 2

Not true.

Steam now has a refund policy. Play less than 2 hours and you can refund it within 2 weeks.

I would say no. Most likely not given that your specs are under the required minimum. But if you want to try it, but it, give it a shot, refund if it doesn't work.

I would definitely look into upgrading though. You can get a vastly better set-up for a relatively small cost.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

this is where i see wether my pc can run a game or not.

Syslab sucks.

Good for general inquiry, but it's often wrong. My last Laptop was a piece of junk. Syslab said I couldn't play anything half the time. Yet I was able to play most newer games in a pretty stable way.

• Like 2

RAM : 6 GO

The power is overwhelming :D.

Honestly though it is hard to say. I have never seen people use APU's much for gaming but they are a step up from intergrated graphics. I would like to say no only because the culling is not very optimized in the state it is in. Most early access games do not run very smoothly and it takes years to work out the bugs.

Great example was Natural Selection 2. When it first came out the guy with the GTX 980 was like "There was a time I had 50 fps....".  I had a GTX 670 and I couldn't even play the game. After 6 months it became somewhat playable and after 2 years I can finally run the game on highest settings with 60fps without breaking a sweat. Optimization can make or break the game.

• Like 1

Thanks for your advice, all. Will prolly buy it later even if my pc can't run it decently, if I own it I will be able to play it on a better machine later in the worst case, I should buy a new pc anyways :)

Your graphic card is insufficient for this game imo. Processor's fine. Sure, there are a lot better ones, but when has the processor ever been a limiting factor in gaming?