FPS Lag

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

So tired of always having this crazy FPS for the last few months and no idea why.

Can someone look at these demos and see if they see anything?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5x28382gljqv9tt/demo0007.dm_84

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qjnez8g446a5any/demo0008.dm_84

• CPU Phenom II X4 3.40 GHz 4000 MHz AM3 4 x 512KB Desktop

• Motherboard ASUS MB M4A77TD

• Memory Corsair DDR3 8 gigs

• Storage Twin WD500GB7200RPM

• Graphics GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

• Operating System Windows 10.1 Pro x64

• Monitor HP F2105/Dell SP2208WFP

• Keyboard Logitech G910

• Mouse Corsair M65

• Headset Kotion Each G2000

• Connection Fibre Optic 100MB dl - 84Mb/s ul - 35 Mb/s

Maybe I just need to open this computer up and really clean the hell out of it

Take a look at the temperature from your CPU and GPU. 

Also is there alot of dust in your case, if so remove it. 

To check the temperature of your CPU and GPU you can install programms like: Speccy and HWiNFO.

• Platinum VIP

Take a look at the temperature from your CPU and GPU. 

Also is there alot of dust in your case, if so remove it. 

To check the temperature of your CPU and GPU you can install programms like: Speccy and HWiNFO.

God points, which I did already.

Cleaned the case, fans, wiping each blade. Amazing, I found out before, how dust can affect this. Even pulled my video card and cleaned it good. No change.

My Core temps are Idle" 63C, under load 98C

Have u tried /r_primitives 2 in console?

THat's set in my CFG, but I should just type it in console each time I log in.

Truth is, the worst times are when the server is full, but even on other F|A servers that aren't so full, I see these FPS drops, just not as bad

• Platinum VIP

Do you also have it with other games wich are compared to W:ET and other games ( like more recent games ?) 

I don't play other games very often but I'll check on BF3 and CS:Go and see. Good question

• Platinum VIP

So, I did the Recognizing Your Lag with WinMTR, etc. Also did Port Forward and changed my IP to Static. Haven't tested it yet, but here's the info

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|192.168.60.1 -    0 | 1043 | 1043 |    0 |    0 |   14 |    0 |
  No response from host -  100 |  209 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|No response from host -  100 |  209 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|xe-0-2-0-23.r05.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net -    2 |  976 |  959 |    6 |    9 |   92 |    6 |
|xe-0-1-0-5.r05.chcgil09.us.ce.gin.ntt.net -    0 | 1043 | 1043 |    6 |    9 |   51 |    7 |
  8.9.4.227 -    0 | 1043 | 1043 |    6 |    6 |   32 |    7 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Capture_zpskw0ryp4p.jpg

• CPU Phenom II X4 3.40 GHz 4000 MHz AM3 4 x 512KB Desktop
• Motherboard ASUS MB M4A77TD
• Memory Corsair DDR3 8 gigs
• Storage Twin WD500GB7200RPM
• Graphics GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support
    Video Card
• Operating System Windows 10.1 Pro x64
• Monitor HP F2105/Dell SP2208WFP
• Keyboard Logitech G910
• Mouse Corsair M65
• Headset Kotion Each G2000
• Connection Fibre Optic 100MB
• Router Dlink - DIR-619L
• Antivirus - none
• Firewall - Windows Firewall
Edited by -=HipKat=-

• 2 weeks later...

Your PC should be well able to process ET from the looks of it.

Here are some of the first theories that popped into my mind:

-There is a mismatch between ET's OS requirement and your OS. ET was created back when Windows was still mediocre, so I can imagine it may cause a discrepancy of sorts. Try this: Right-click your ET, set compatibility to windows XP (sp 2 is my standard option, it seems). You could choose to set Reduced Color Mode to 8 bits.

-There is a strain on your virtual memory. You are running too many processes and/or services at the same time. Hold the windows key, press R. type msconfig and press enter. 3rd Tab, Services. Unclick every program you recognize that is not a Windows/Microsoft distributed service and that you do not deem necessary (skype, uTorrent, crap like that). Be careful with turning off services you do not fully comprehend. Furthermore, simply prevent opening other things when playing ET.

Also, let's get the superbasic crap out of the way. Make sure your /com_maxfps in ET is set somewhere in the neighbourhood of 125. It'd be silly if your FPS lag would be caused by an induced limitation.

/edit You may miss a driver to utilize your graphic card. If your PC has an internal graphic card this will automatically take over the job without mentioning it. This internal card will be too handicapped for games. One does not compete with an Audi A4 using a simple c2 on the motorway.

Edited by Flible
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP

No internal card.

I've always kept my services and running programs limited to just the basics, so that can't be it.

I'll go through my cfg again and see of I missed something