Death was knocking on my door. :D

Chameleon

One year ago today, I quit smoking.  Cold turkey after almost 30 years.

I'm trying to quit smoking atm and so far it has been success, 17 years smoking and now 5th day going w/o, to be honest i've smoke 3 gigarettes and they havent taste good.

Im even more motivated to quit after i read ur experiences, so thank you :)

Thou im still sad to read about ur health but also im happy to see that you just keep pushing forward :l33t  that emotion is for you, keep it going and screw the universe

Edited by RedBaird
fixed the wandering quote-code
  • Like 1

As I read that, it really got me emotional the way you said your point.

I also quitted smoking, all the sudden like you and I also didn't feel like I could never do it. I really think all the smoking...I just had enough and it got me sick of it to put a cig on my lips and light it. I do not know what went through my head back then, but something just snapped. this was just less than a year ago.

I turn just 40 in a couple of moths and for me it is something I honestly didn't expect to see. I was in a bad shape only less than a year ago, still I am compared to what I used to be 10 years ago.

What you have been through is something that some of us will go through in the future....it is just a hard fact as sad as it sounds.

I cant say I know you as a person, but I wish you all the best for the future that remains.

• Like 2

• Leader

Meh.... when your number's up....

When we smokers do finally quit smoking, we save a lot of money and our senses of smell and taste improve greatly.  Our health improves so that we don't get sick as much and we can literally 'breathe easier".

Good on ya, Chameleon, me matey!   :D  We want to keep you around for a good while longer!   :wub:

6820232838_5c5607f6d2.jpg

(I quit 23 years ago using nicotine-patches and low-dose Xanax.  Still not 'easy' to do.)

• Like 2

miss you mate hang in there hope everything goes good never loose hope... and feel free to visit our et servers u shall feel good.......

• Like 1

I quit in 1992 and the funny thing is I dont miss it at all, except when I am sitting around a campfire and talking and drinking camp coffee. Isn't that weird.

You? Camping? Imagine that.

• Like 2

Well...kinda camping...in my motorhome...under the awning...drinking Keurig coffee and sitting in lounge chairs.  Yeah thats camping.

ha-ha I camp in my back yard..now that's roughing it :)
  • Like 1