CFG improvement

Fighter

Heyo guys... :)

Would be nice if some of you can help me by improving my cfg.

Maybe you can watch over some things and tell me what i could do better.

Also in case of Internet settings and so on.

I have a 50 m/bits vdsl connection.

AMD FX-4450 Quadcore Porcessor (4,2 GHz)

8 GB Ram

Win 7 64 bit

and nvidia GTX 750 ti graphic card

autoexec.cfg

Things like titles (-=== binds) should be(//-=== binds) which means comment and you won't have messages in console unknown command....

com_ignorecrash check this cvar (1 Tells ET client override unsafe cvars that result from “crash" (often also from running modifications as ET didnt delete pid file) might want to remove unsafe cvars.

You can remove cvars with no values "". They don't change anything and et has less to read/load.

All else good in my opinion.

• Like 2

Hey Fighter,

I am noob on most things config but you did ask me so I had a look. Mine is mostly stock but I would change...

cg_packetdup to 0 [tells the client to send a duplicate of every packet] (I have it 0, some people say you might lose the odd packet but it depends on your OS settings)

Put hunkmegs soundmegs and zonemegs in your target shortcut. Where you have the game icon to start the game, usually desktop. Right click it and select properties, then edit the target file with +set. similar to mine below;

("C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +set com_ignorecrash 1; +set com_hunkmegs 256: +set com_soundmegs 64; +set com_zonemegs 64)

r_overBrightBits you have it set to 1, I dont like this setting mine is 0. I heard it might be a potential lag cause in the past. Not sure if its fixed in 2.6b but I have had it 0 for a long time. my r_mapoverbrightbits is 3

r_displayrefresh ? I dont see this in your config. I would add it and set it to your monitor Hz. r_displayrefresh 75 for eg.  [ Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution\advanced settings\monitor (on Windows 7] :)

r_gamma 2.8 seems high to me, but its another personal preference setting. Mine is 2

r_textureMode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST" This is also a personal pref. If you want to try it maybe change to r_texturemode gl_linear_mipmap_linear it gives more detail at further range

The word "unsafe" should be removed form your config. In my target above you see +set com_ignorecrash 1, this setting tells the game to ignore the word unsafe in the config on game load/startup. However I would delete the word unsafe from your config file to be sure. Use replace function in notepad and replace unsafe with "blank" The word unsafe spams etconfig.cfg normally and causes graphics problems as any setting with the word "unsafe" after it, is ignored or not loaded.

The last part of your config is for server at localhost settings, if you want to load maps on your machine. Or host a LAN game. I would delete but its no big deal.

Hope it helps.

Barn!e

Edit: plus what Theory says :P

Edited by Barn!e
  • Like 1

I assume you already did or checked the advice for windows 7. I am sure I saw the link here a few months ago from Ann!

http://www.speedguide.net/articles/windows-7-vista-2008-tweaks-2574

Doesnt ET use UDP - it would be strange for a fps to use tcp. No idea how much any of that will help UDP if this is the case.

Can we be against this request ? :huh:

He is already killing everyone no need to be a better player :P

Or please add this command :

/autosuicide when see =F|A=Alphaleader 

Thank you :lol:

• Like 4

UDP probably, I never went that deep into it.

CTCP helps some and setting MTU correct will also help.

Another thing to do is get DNS setup correctly. I use DNS Bench.

Edited by Barn!e

• 2 months later...

hey fighter,

i took a look on your cfg and tryed out your fov toggle (+vstr knien stehn).

lookes like a useful thing specially for far distance, but i cant get it to work.

when i push CTRL (in my case), i go crouch, fov is set but then i am stucked in crouch mode... cant get back to stand.

any idea?

Sandra,

Did you add the +set to shortcut as we discussed on server (I was playing as Lex Talionis)

Interested to know if it helped you at all.

Barn :)

hey fighter,

i took a look on your cfg and tryed out your fov toggle (+vstr knien stehn).

lookes like a useful thing specially for far distance, but i cant get it to work.

when i push CTRL (in my case), i go crouch, fov is set but then i am stucked in crouch mode... cant get back to stand.

any idea?

Does it work now?

Fighter I took a look at your cfg and Shana said already some improvements, but also there are cvars that are ment for server side only and you dont need them, just takes space and makes et read them for nothing:

vote settings

team settings

match settings

server settings

bot settings

g settings

sv settings

And the random sv_ settings here and there.

• 2 weeks later...

Fighter I took a look at your cfg and Shana said already some improvements, but also there are cvars that are ment for server side only and you dont need them, just takes space and makes et read them for nothing:

vote settings

team settings

match settings

server settings

bot settings

g settings

sv settings

And the random sv_ settings here and there.

Thanks Rendel so far the most things are changed and i keep working on an improvement :) So really thanks! :)

• Like 1