Help with mouse sens.

bo0m

Hello, I have one question. I'm using an 9y old cfg, mouse sens is setted to 2.2, when I try to reduce it in options/settings, after I lover it and click ok, it automaticly go back to 2.2 . Any idea or cmd or whatever how can I set it myself so it doesn't go back to auto setting? Thnx

Rgrds. Bo0m

/seta sensitivity n

Where n is the sensitivity you want (2.2, 2.0, etc)

Thnx will try that :)

also check if there's other senitivity commands in the config / autoexec etc., for example if the config changes when you press some keys

It's a bit weird on silent for example when I use c (crouch) it prones but on nq1 it's all ok. Will check that aswell. And not to mention on ET legacy cmds are all fcked up .

• Clan Friend

Thnx will try that :)

It's a bit weird on silent for example when I use c (crouch) it prones but on nq1 it's all ok. Will check that aswell. And not to mention on ET legacy cmds are all fcked up .

It's not weird. Every mod has a folder with a config. If you have different settings in there, and no autoexec.cfg to force everything to the same values everywhere, you will have different settings

It's not weird. Every mod has a folder with a config. If you have different settings in there, and no autoexec.cfg to force everything to the same values everywhere, you will have different settings

So how do you explain than on beginners#2 wich is also silent mod i don't have any issues but on silent1 I got that crouch/prone problem? Shouldn't it be the same couse it's the same mod?

Bah, well I think it's time for good old default cfg.

• Clan Friend

So how do you explain than on beginners#2 wich is also silent mod i don't have any issues but on silent1 I got that crouch/prone problem? Shouldn't it be the same couse it's the same mod?

Bah, well I think it's time for good old default cfg.

Do you play from the same ET installation? do you load etmain first, then silent? or you join the server via some shortcut? there's always an explanation to everything... first of all, you should check that setting, I think it's double tap prone, but I'm not sure... cl_doubletapdelay?

If you see the value is indeed different in those 2 servers, then it could be because (maybe) you load ET and go to the main screen, thus loading etmain config, then you join a silent server and it loads silent config, but if you load et with +set fs_game it can go to silent mod straight away.

I don't remember right now the sequence for the configs, command line parameters go first, then etmain then the mod, if I remember correctly, but there is no magic, if you know how the game loads the configs and when, then everything can be explained.

These things never happened to me because I have almost all settings (probably all non mod-specific) inside my autoexec so they get loaded everywhere and I've never experienced these random changes

• Like 1

not really sure if this well help you out or not but i have a cfg as well and i have this added in it 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// FOV toggle
// toggles FOV between 117 and 120
// binds "o"

cg_fov 117
set fov117 "echo FoV set to 117!; set cg_fov 117; set switch_fov vstr fov120;"
set fov120 "echo FoV set to 120!; set cg_fov 120; set switch_fov vstr fov117;"
set switch_fov "vstr fov117"
bind "o" "vstr switch_fov"

maybe try this out in your  cfg and see what you like about it helps out lot even with a 2.2 sen i not really like to mess around with the  sen you get so us to playing with one sen and you go and change and it feels like you getting worse  but then i just change that out  and  it helps lot 

• Like 1

Do you play from the same ET installation? do you load etmain first, then silent? or you join the server via some shortcut? there's always an explanation to everything... first of all, you should check that setting, I think it's double tap prone, but I'm not sure... cl_doubletapdelay?

If you see the value is indeed different in those 2 servers, then it could be because (maybe) you load ET and go to the main screen, thus loading etmain config, then you join a silent server and it loads silent config, but if you load et with +set fs_game it can go to silent mod straight away.

I don't remember right now the sequence for the configs, command line parameters go first, then etmain then the mod, if I remember correctly, but there is no magic, if you know how the game loads the configs and when, then everything can be explained.

These things never happened to me because I have almost all settings (probably all non mod-specific) inside my autoexec so they get loaded everywhere and I've never experienced these random changes

Damn you ask so much . I just enter server via shortcut. Can I just send you my cfg via pm so you can chdck it out if some cmd is screwed up? I would be thankfull. You ask me half things that I don't know/remember it was long time ago and I had long break from et so I forgot many things..

not really sure if this well help you out or not but i have a cfg as well and i have this added in it 

// FOV toggle

// toggles FOV between 117 and 120

// binds "o"

cg_fov 117

set fov117 "echo FoV set to 117!; set cg_fov 117; set switch_fov vstr fov120;"

set fov120 "echo FoV set to 120!; set cg_fov 120; set switch_fov vstr fov117;"

set switch_fov "vstr fov117"

bind "o" "vstr switch_fov"

maybe try this out in your  cfg and see what you like about it helps out lot even with a 2.2 sen i not really like to mess around with the  sen you get so us to playing with one sen and you go and change and it feels like you getting worse  but then i just change that out  and  it helps lot

Will try that thnx :)

• Platinum VIP

I have different cfg's for each mod, so after I join a server, I exec the CFG for that mod. Something to try for you

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

• Clan Friend

Can I just send you my cfg via pm so you can chdck it out if some cmd is screwed up? I would be thankfull.

Each mod has a different config file (inside its profiles folder). Do you have a separate file you load?

If you don't set something in your main config/autoexec, it will default to whichever setting you have in the mod profile, that's why it can change from one mod to another.

Basically, any setting you don't have inside your config (* see note below) is something you randomly leave to chance (whatever happens to be the default, or the setting you have in that mod's etconfig.cfg).

99% (let's say 99 to be on the safe side, but it's actually 100) of the problems people have with changing settings come from this.

----

*note: when I say config, I mean a separate .cfg file or at least an autoexec.cfg with '/exec someconfig.cfg' inside or some commands, even if etconfig.cfg is technically a config, it can get overwritten by the game so it's not what I call a 'config'.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Check your config each time you load it,it will change to the setting you have in there,easy fix just type in console /set sensitivity and then what sens you prefer Hot.