Having Kids

10Tacle

Aaah how do you handle the "I bet you'd be a GREAT dad" from family, friends etc.? It's such a private thing yet everyone immediately loses control when it's about babies... or when they see a (really) pregnant women, they all want to touch the belly / feel the kicks / always spread wisdom about this or that aspect of having a kid..

I openly admit to have troubles, my italian family is really stressing (you're 30 soon and no kids bla bla) and the family of my girl goes berzerk when she's not having a glass of wine for dinners... on one side it's nice to see that they would see us fit to have kids, but on the other side there's so much more involved into decision making...

• Like 2

For me it is easy to handle. I just don't want them and all know ;). I am not willing to give up my life for kids. But they want us sometimes to be godfather / -mother etc.

In the end it is your decision 10 and if you think your life is great the way it is... why change it? I cant understand people who say for example that having kids is the greatest achievement in their lives... seems wierd to me because u can make them in 10 seconds :P A lot of my friends really love it that they have kids, but also a lot find it quite a hard burden too. Some people are just made to have kids. My brother is 1 of them. They are really happy with the kids, not so with each other. I am totally adoring my wife and can do all I want together, nos tress about kids future, no waking up at night, no worries about them growing up. But I do understand others will see it as the main thing in life.

• Like 3

Well.. I'm a firm believer in someone should only have as many as kids they can afford to care for.. I did not want my own kids..having such awful teen years and being too wild and irresponsible..not wanting to bring a life into this world to suffer.. Later..I prayed that I meet a women that already had kids that so i could help ones already here..I always seem to get what I pray for..think because my prayers are humble..not for money or power.. I met my wife at 23 years old..she had 2 kids..she divorced her shit husband when her kids were 1 and 3 he moved away to west coast from New York..never to contact kids again or gave child support.. years later I came into the picture..helped her get out of debt and became the friend and father to the kids..now grandkids .. we love each other very much..I have to boast a little now..I have a 9 grade formal education..i did get a GED in 2 weeks study  lol I am a self taught man.. with mine and wife's help and guidance the kids both have master degrees in their chosen fields..we are very happy ..

Edited by Raskin
  • Like 5

I understand. Like I said, I never wanted kids, they just happened but I'd never give them back :)

things happen sometimes and works out....you where there all the time..your a great dad..

• Like 1