NEW OPERATION: WILDFIRE

ancientmule

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2016/02/13629/

Release Notes for 2/17/2016

17 FEB 2016 - csgo_blog_tag.png

[OPERATION WILDFIRE]
– Operation Wildfire is LIVE: http://blog.counter-strike.net/operationwildfire
— Seven community maps available in Competitive Matchmaking as well as other game modes via the Operation Wildfire map group
– The Operation Wildfire Access Pass ($5.99) is now available giving access to the following features:
— The Operation Wildfire coin, upgradeable through the completion of challenge missions
— An Operation Journal that tracks your stats in official competitive matches and includes a Friends Leaderboard
— The cooperative Gemini Campaign, featuring replayable missions with individual mission leaderboards.
— The Wildfire Campaign, featuring 30 missions in Casual, Arms Race, Demolition, and Deathmatch modes.
— Blitz Missions, global events that grant bonus XP for completing a specific action (must be Private Rank 3 or above to participate in Competitive Blitz Missions).
— Access to weapon drops from Operation collections: Cobblestone, Cache, Overpass, Gods and Monsters, Chop Shop, and Rising Sun
— Exclusive access to the Operation Wildfire Case featuring 16 community-created weapon finishes and the all-new Bowie Knife.
– Nuke has returned (available in Matchmaking included in the Operation Wildfire map group). For more details, visit: http://blog.counter-strike.net/reintroducing_nuke

WELL!!! YEAH!!!!!!! :D

More info later.. So let the 1.6gb upload run with your game and lets play it! :D

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

new version of nuke looks interesting. new maps arent too bad (the ones I have played (cruise, mikla, royal, tulip) graphic wise they look cool, but not viable for comp

• Like 1

First time I played Santorini and Cruise yesterday. Didn't see them as competitive.. But might play a few times because of the missions. Fun way to play more csgo.. =D

not the biggest fan of the new nuke map. I love cruise tho. I have a lot of good spots and it is easy for me to use an awp on that map. I might post a tutorial on good spots :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum VIP

there will never be another map like the good old nuke! they f***ed it up

meh, I think the update ain't that bad the worst thing is maybe the access from cilo to cat but its all watchable if everyone holds there angles. the map offers a lot of new plays and new things to look out for, and overall made the gameplay on the map better. its now easier to rush vents, the new 'toxic' isn't as bs as the previous one because it has a window and the roof is wallbang-able. They made everything in and around the vents better, you only have 1 vent opening on either site, making it much less of a crapfest, and you can go from behind vent to b site in more than 1 way now (or 2, counting windows). You can jump from outside squeaky into blue via the window which is way better than how it was before. The cilo is accessible for all players now, not just the people who have a minimal IQ and know how to get on top of it. The first box next to cilo is also moved in a way that you can go around it from two sides, making it harder for ct awpers to hold all the angles. You also dont have to make some retarded jumps on multiple boxes to reach t roof. Also with the new accesses to heaven, (mini roof, hell roof, blue) its not as easy to hold as it was before by just defending the ladder while ladders are already the easiest places to hold. A lot of corners that were slightly too small to stand in are now widened, making them actually useful. The plant area on B is now massive giving a lot of great spots, only shitty on is on top of the thing but its not too bad. they made it so that secret doesn't have that spot in the corner of the stairs, and made the stairs wider overall.

really not much bad to say about the update, just that the gameplay will be different than before. Personally I play with 2 outside 1 ramp, 1 heaven and 1 mini/a site, but sometimes 2 on ramp or 1 ramp 1 secret, with only 1 outside. its a pretty balanced map and easy for both sides to win rounds if you execute well.

Do I need to start the server? Would you guys play on it? 

Im not playing on it, since its in Europe and the ping is too high for me to even enjoy it, tried a few times but it was always empty and most people play casual, deathmatches or matchmaking.

I would say not to FA server, sadly it wont work imho..

• Like 2

The new update is pretty good, I like it way more than the 2 previous ones. Valve is "considering" putting Santorini as competitive if the map works for some months.

Also, starting a CS:GO server and make it run is very hard due to the MM system and other mods. The only servers working in CS:GO are the FFA ones and the surf basically.

it would be cool to rek one of u guys with an awp on a server lol

Well you can try :P add me on steam: kepar31

Do I need to start the server? Would you guys play on it? 

I would definately play on it but as hacker said:

Also, starting a CS:GO server and make it run is very hard due to the MM system and other mods. The only servers working in CS:GO are the FFA ones and the surf basically.

• Like 1