Forced balance needed silent#2

RendeL

Would it be possible to add a lua or script or server cvar for forced balance on beginners#2 silent server?

Those who play there often, you sure have noticed the stacking with the teams there is and it is not any fun to discover this almost everytime you go there. Ppl just dont care how uneven teams are and when this happens the team that gets raped, they either go spec, disconnect or be idiot and join also the stronger team...

Sure as a member some of us can move ppl, then warn them and move again after they switch back...or a script could keep teams balanced right from the start and let us all enjoy more of the gaming.

Still there isn't many members that active who could babysit most of the time.

Thank you.

I understand your frustration,

Beginners 2 seem to have a fair amount of stackers.

Balancing , how would you like to?

Based on XP or Skill, K/D ratio or just the number of human players per team.

As long as bots are involved i think there are problems with the team balance,

they auto switch and always seem to pick the wrong side.

I guess what u would like to see that the team with more human players is locked until its balanced.

Maybe our Boss can implement such a script. ( Can you write one yourself??)

What i mostly try is join the weaker team or ask a good player to switch, 1 usually is enough (think about a player like Dave)

Well you can always ask me to shuffle and we could try to educate our regulars

Maybe we have to force them to obey our rules and we scare them away.

I hope our Silent expert has an idea.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback mate.

I am no coder, therefore I cant do what I'd ask for the server.

Then again I used to run a server and I know there is a lua or a server cvar (could not find it tho, is there any cvar for silent?)

I can take a look on my old files and some sites for this, but the issue in the end are the ppl, not the bots. Ppl do the stacking and if teams are more than 3+ uneven, I dont see a good future for the server. 

Maybe evening by k/d rate would be good, as there are really the opposite ppl out there. Those who have high k/d can make a big difference even if it is the one guy who would move. But as it is usually when they stack in same team....

Also with moving ppl after this stacking happens, it results with warning(s), rage, disconnecting...Not a good impression if some new ppl see that, when all this could be prevented and make happen automatic.

After all this, there will be still left enough of "admin work" with the loudmouths there are and will be.

• Like 1

This is an old server problem, I must admit.

install banner of the Main Chat with quote " obey - Even teams" as is done for donations, Forum, etc???

There is a lack of fairness!........ sometimes bots are better humans ..... smile

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just can support you suggestion couse I know things are going far out of control. As you said, people don't give a shit about balancing ( some of them do even when needed, but only few) so it wiuld be nice there would be some other solution than warning and begging them to even up.

• Like 1

RendeL is right, it is a huge problem on this server. I have been playing there for a long time and I saw there a lot of rape. Sometimes when I enter the server I see teams like 8 vs. 1 (players) and before I am able to do something I get a fantastic proposition form one of those players in predominantly to join them cause it will be more fun...

To be honest I think there are some players who are just kids or still behave like kids and all they care about is their spree and K/D ratio so then they can boast to their mothers how excellent they are and maybe they will get some cookies.

Of course there are also players who know the rule of even teams and try to fight with the rapers. When there is a admin on server the situation can be fixed, but I there is no admin around it will be great to add a lua or script or server cvar for forced balance. I am also not a coder so I dont know how to do that but I hope that we have here smarter people who can help with this.

• Like 1

Just something to prevent ppl from joining in a team that has already 2 or more players. It always goes first with 2, then when 3rd decides to stack, soon you see 4 or 5 more players on other team. Also after a  autoshuffle...omg THEN there is movement, cant keep up with all the switchers.

Just something to prevent ppl from joining in a team that has already 2 or more players. It always goes first with 2, then when 3rd decides to stack, soon you see 4 or 5 more players on other team. Also after a  autoshuffle...omg THEN there is movement, cant keep up with all the switchers.

Yeah, excatly what you said now, you just can't keep up who switched where lol its frustrating to scroll up in console after every autoshuffle too see who switched whete. And server is becoming more populated, I like that but it's even more frustration when they see regulars act like trollers so they act like that aswell.

On top of that we have low number of members active on this server so it's really fcked up sometimes.