Last concert you went to?

meow

I recently went to the Impericon Festival in Amsterdam for the second time and it was, just as last year, amazing!

Line up:

• Hatebreed
  • Emmure
  • Northlane
  • Bury Tomorrow
  • Despised Icon
  • Blessthefall
  • Chelsea Grin
  • Eskimo Callboy
  • Hundredth
  • Hellions

First of all I was super nervous again, I don't really like Amsterdam, I get lost there easily and there are lots of people but it was for the greater good, right? I was going to see some awesome bands, so it should be worth it!

There were no barriers at the festival, I was literally standing to the stage / super close to the stage the whole time - if the mospits didn't drag me back omg.
Hellions was the first band that started to play, and they were already good, so I got my hopes up high, because bigger bands were going to play later.
When Blessthefall were going to play, Beau was super chill and gave people high fives who managed to get on stage.

Soooo, later Bury Tomorrow were going to play, and holy shit these guys are incredible. It was so sick, they were super awesome and such amazing guys. Daniel (the vocalist) was like 'F--- paying for m&g's, come hang with us after our set, we'll be at out merch table to say hi!' so my friend wanted to go there, and I was super awkward and nervous because last time I got the opportunity to meet Joel from Being As An Ocean and I was too scared to say hi, so I wasted that chance and my friend didn't want me to regret this also, so she pushed me to say hi to them. Davyd (the bassist) was hilarious and sweet and his brother Daniel was super sweet and chill as well. 'Nahw, don't be shy, come here!' Daniel said to me when he saw me omg I was shaking and I literally died when he put his arm around me. These guys are literally the most precious human beings ever. They are so interested in everyone and ugh woah they are just amazingggg.

-

OH, and Jason (the guitarist of Bury Tomorrow) also gave me his guitar pick when they were done playing, I couldn't believe it omg. He literally pushed it in my hand to make sure I got it and didn't drop it °O°. This is the first plectrum I've ever caught and it is one of the best feelings ever, especially since he basically gave it to me. The other bands just threw their guitar picks in the audience, and I am not the tallest or agressive person on the planet, I barely have a change to catch one. But wow. I just got a guitar pick of Jason Cameron. Holy shxt!

There was one very agressive mosher who dominated the pit, he was already being pretty rough and rude in the afternoon, but when the bigger bands started to play, he seemed to get even more hyped and wow damn, that guy really was getting kinda violent and pushing people who weren't in the pit and putting his middlfinger in the air to people who told him to stop being an ass to people and calm down, I was literally scared he was going to snap someones neck lol, that look on his face was like full of anger omg.

Luckily a big guy was standing besides me, so I was getting crushed by the people that mosher pushed to me and he pushed me as well, so that guys next to me pushed that mosher away like 'Dude, calm down, go back to your pit' and asked me if I was alright and that mosher was hella mad but he actually listened - that guy next to me was a pretty big guy, so maybe that was a bit intimidating. It was a pretty cool guy though, he also helped other people on stage if they asked and make sure people who fell were alright.
Later that night that mosher was still being too rough and a douche and he grabbed me pretty tight and pulled me back, so the dude on the other side of me saw that and grabbed my arm to prevent me for getting pulled back further by that mosher and told him that he had to stop, and that same big guy next to me saw that and pushed that mosher away and told him to go away.
That guy who grabbed my arm asked if I was okay and then he took a step back, so I could stand in front of him, because that would be a better place for me.
Seriously though, without these guys I probably would have died, haha.

Omg I forgot how I can inset photo's in here but aslkdgj it was so good and I'm such a noob omg.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw Beck and The Strokes at the Governor's Ball music festival in NYC on June 3rd. 

Got super close to the stage. Pushed some kids around. 

Fun times. 

wZ2WwRy.jpg

• Like 1

Going to see HED(pe) on the 21st. Also seeing The Veer Union that day, and getting on their tour bus for a private acoustic show prior to the show.

Was going to see Slipknot/Marilyn Manson/Of Mice and Men on the 18th, but if you follow music, Corry Taylor of Slipknot basically broke his neck and needed spinal surgery so that shows postponed until August. And its gonna be f***ing brutally hot here in Arizona in August considering we just hit 118 on Saturday.

And October 27th seeing Five Finger Death Punch, Shinedown (for the third time in a year), and Sixx AM.

• Like 1

Muse at the Wells Fargo Arena in Philadelphia, PA  opened by X-Ambassadors  in January 2016.  Great show and my daughter's first concert.

• Like 1

Just went to The Bonnaroo Music Festival. Lots of great shows and fun times.

Pearl Jam killed it. Played Comfortably Numb at 2 in the morning and ended with Neil Young's " Rockin in the Free World"

Then walking back to the tent an incredible fire works display right above my tent. What a way to end the night.

Dead & Friends with John Mayer were so tight. Great show

Lennon & Clapool Delirium was some old school psychedelic rock. Sean Lennon sounded some much like his dad it was trippy. Probably My favorite show.

Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats were so soulful and full of energy. Great Live Band

Leon Bridges = Motown   Some smooth moves on that stage.

Jason Isbell put on another great performance. Each songs is like hearing great story.

Chris Stapelton  Country at its finest. This old school country like Waylon Jennings. Some great guitar playing too

bonnaroolineup2016.jpg

Edited by homelessssssssssssssssssss
  • Like 4

Went to this last weekend  :thumbsup

hellfest-2016-poster-1.jpg

Oh my goodness that line up... Have you seen The Amity Affliction? Damn, I love that band. At the Impericon Festival I got a guitar pick from Jason (Bury Tomorrow). Hatebreed is pretty brutal live as well, and I've heard Thy Art Is Murder, is pretty good as well. I also think that Architects must have been pretty rad live.

And OMG, I really wanted to see The Offspring this year, but nobody wanted to go with me bc my friends don't like them omg. Regret it so much, haha. Bring Me the Horizon is also on my list of bands I want to see live.

Which gig did you enjoy the most? Were there some bands you haven't heard of before, but turned out to be pretty awesome? Gosh, next time I want to go to Hellfest as well haha.

• Like 2

Oh my goodness that line up... Have you seen The Amity Affliction? Damn, I love that band. At the Impericon Festival I got a guitar pick from Jason (Bury Tomorrow). Hatebreed is pretty brutal live as well, and I've heard Thy Art Is Murder, is pretty good as well. I also think that Architects must have been pretty rad live.

And OMG, I really wanted to see The Offspring this year, but nobody wanted to go with me bc my friends don't like them omg. Regret it so much, haha. Bring Me the Horizon is also on my list of bands I want to see live.

Which gig did you enjoy the most? Were there some bands you haven't heard of before, but turned out to be pretty awesome? Gosh, next time I want to go to Hellfest as well haha.

Haha top highlights were probably Melvins, Refused, Sabbath, Terrorizer, Enslaved, etc..  too many to name them all!
I did catch the offspring out of the ones you mentioned - They were on at 1am and they played a greatest hits so it was just a big drunken sing along; like being about 14 all over again :D

Yeah the lineup there is always fantastic there, and the whole setup is probably the best I've been to; its just a bit of a pain to get there..and hard work seeing everyone you want to!
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Slipknot last night, it was sick.

First part was Of Mice and Men which was alright, then Marilyn Manson.... who cancelled because he was sick (people were quite angry at that lol).

But then Slipknot gave one hell of a show. The singer is performing with a broken neck. He had a spinal surgery in early June. What a beast.

• Like 3

Just saw Beck...  at the Governor's Ball music festival in NYC on June 3rd. 

I saw him a few weeks ago in Manchester. Nearly 2 hours of his greatest hits set. One of the best gigs ever!

beck.jpg

I got two turntables and a microphone  B)

• Like 2

Saw the Claypool Lennon Delirium in Tampa (2nd stop for this tour!) and it was amazing!

They covered Pink Floyd's "Astronomie Domaine", The Beatles "Tomorrow Never Knows" and Primus "Southbound Pachyderm" all to the delight of the fans in attendance.

LennonClaypool

• Like 2

I went to the Zwarte Cross two weeks ago.

The Zwarte Cross is the biggest festival in The Netherlands and the biggest motor event of the world. This festival isn't only about motorcross, there's also a lot of music, theatre and stunts!

I've been there two times before, but only for a day. This year I stayed at the festival the whole weekend; people with camping tickets could enter the festival on Thursday already instead of Friday. Sunday was the last day and I left on Monday.
None of the videos are mine.

A weird trailer of the Zwarte Cross 2016.

If you don't even like music or motorcross (which I couldn't understand at all), then you should definitely go to this festival for the atmosphere.
I feel most of the time very nervous and uncomfortable in big crowds, and because the Zwarte Cross is a pretty big festival I wasn't sure at all if I would enjoy it there. But somehow I did. It doesn't matter where you come from, or if you're a man or woman, fat or skinny, gay or straight, a unicorn or a potato; somehow everyone gets along with each other pretty well and everyone is having a great time, like for real. You can look as rediculous as you want and still people don't give you weird looks. Maybe that's why I like the Zwarte Cross that much; nobody is judging you, we all just want to have a good time. The crazier, the better!

A video made by someone who went to the festival.

There is not only one type of music on the Zwarte Cross, so everyone can go to a certain tent or a certain stage to listen to music they like. You like hardrock? No problem, there's a Rock 'N Roll-circus. You prefer that hardcore party kind of stuff? No big deal! You're a tiroler kind of guy? Folk music maybe? That's possible! Metal? Just go to the saloon! Reggae, pop, actually for everyone there's something they has to like. There's even a church for people who like gospel. So no excuses that the music will probably suck!

The Zwarte Cross aftermovie.

I was looking forward to The Wombats, The Darkness and Airbourne the most.
I was so happy I was at the barriers so I could see everything and I was sooo close to them!

The bassist of The Wombats was soooo awesome he was sooo energetic and happy and jumping and smiling the whole time omg he's such a ray of sunshine. Okay, let's talk about The Darkness.

I was having a lot of fun, but a dude kept trying to get me on his shoulders, which I didn't want. But when I was too focussed on the band, he lifted me up and put me on his shoulders OMG, I was signing HELP to my friends who were a couple meters away from me but they only started to laugh because I would be the last person on Earth to climb on someone else's shoulders omg. I was so embarrased. Thank god he put me down when the song was finished.
But gosh, the vocal range of the singer is rediculous! He can sing in a low, deep voice but also higher than the Kilimanjaro wow. I was pretty impressed. They were so good live and ugh the solos... damn. They were incredible! (And not to mention Frankie's freaking Thunderbird bass, it's such a precious bass omg)

The Darkness - One Way Ticket.

The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSqPrT-Csb0

Airbourne was brutal, they were just as amazing as the last time I saw them, which was two years ago. After their performance I was smelling so bad like beer, a lot of beer has been thrown around and everyone was going crazy and ahhhh it was amazing. When Joel went off stage and got to the barrier, I could almost touch him omg. And OMG I adored the Explorer guitars, especially David's 'natural' (?) one.

Airbourne - Ready To Rock (starts at 0:55) & Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast (starts at 5:35).

Airbourne - Live It Up (intro starts at 1:25 or 2:05).

Airbourne - Runnin' Wild.

I lost my shit when Joel randomly started to play Paranoid by Black Sabbath like ??? whoa sir where did that come from bUT I LIKE IT.

Oh goodness, this post became longer than I post! But damn, I literally can't shut up about how incredible this festival has been.

• Like 1