IIS f--ked up...

Xernicus

I'm having a pretty big problem with a server I manage, and I can't quite figure out what in the hell is going on... so I thought I'd ask you amazing guys for advice.

I will donate twenty dollars (what my hourly rate is) to FA if the problem gets solved.

I'm thinking that an expired certificate got renewed improperly, or some malware got into our IT systems, though Vipre Business hasn't found anything.

Everything was working fine up until about a week ago.

There's some sort of a runtime error that I need to get to the bottom of, but for right now I'm just concerned about getting outlook web access back up and running so I can check my damn email without using RDP.

So here's what happens. I go to remote.[removed].com/owa/ normally to check my email. But now it's redirecting in a way that will never complete, and ends up in a bad request message.

Here's the redirected URL:

https://remote.[removed].com/owa/auth/[removed].com/home.html/owa/auth/[removed].com/home.html/owa/auth/[removed].com/home.html/owa/auth/[removed].com/home.html/owa/auth/[removed].com/home.html/owa/auth/[removed].com/home.html/owa/auth/[removed].com/home.html/owa/auth/[removed].com/home.html/owa/auth/[removed].com/home.html/owa/auth/[removed].com/home.html/owa/auth/[removed].com/home.html/owa/auth/[removed].com/home.html/owa/auth/[removed].com/home.html/owa/auth/[removed].com/home.html/owa/auth/[removed].com/home.html/owa/auth/logon.aspx

I've never seen anything like this before to be honest... and really have no clue where to start. I'm just now starting to crawl through the logs, but that's going to take me hours to figure out what exactly happened. I'm just hoping a sysadmin has seen this before and can give me a leg up.

All advice is appreciated.

Warm regards,
Xerni

Edited by daredevil
Link fixed using bbcode. I only add bbcode and kept everything as is.

Have you tried turning it off and back on again? :D:wub:

I tried restarting the IIS service... no dice.

Just now, I restarted the entire server pool for maintenance-- the problem still exists. 

Thanks for the advice though-- you wouldn't believe how often that "fixes" exchange!

Have you tried running Fiddler to get a better look at the requests?

I've seen similar behavior when I was developing the web page for the university, although it turned out to be a coding issue on my end (of course)

Check for a Windows update around that time frame too.

Sorry I can't be more help, I'm a Linux admin, not Windows lol