Windows 10 has made my brain hurt.

Ol Smoke

I'm interested in what printer you are using. I've customized some drivers for using old workhorse HP printers (circa 1998) in our workplace since we rolled out Win7 x64- I may be able to shoot them over to you.

Some printers have great driver support (like my LaserJet 6MP); others like the consumer LaserJet 1000 didn't even make it past Vista x64.

But usually it is the 64-bit kernel that prevents the printer from working... if you had a 32-bit version of Windows, I'd bet money that your printer would work fine. Of course, who uses x86 OS in this day and age...?

I am using a 1996 LaserJet 1200.  It's the greatest laser around because when you replace the toner kit, it replaces everything.  So its like getting a new printer everytime.  HP really

screwed themselves with this 1200.  After this all you got was a toner pack.  The laser and heater and everything else is in the unit.  So it dies a lot.

Almost through with everything.  All my programs work, even some built for Win98 (old card games and stuff).

I am getting used to the feel of the Win10 stuff and have learned to make favorites instead of taskbar pins. 

Dare,  I only use Office once in a while, and I have bought 4 versions so far. 

I am going to get a Dummies book for Win 10 and see if I cant get this baby under control.

• Administrators

No need to buy different versions. With 365 i think it's subscription package. Once a while it goes on a deal of 15$/year subscription. I buy 4 codes at that time. Set for 4 years :) Best value is in 1TB cloud.

I am using a 1996 LaserJet 1200.  It's the greatest laser around because when you replace the toner kit, it replaces everything.  So its like getting a new printer everytime.  HP really

screwed themselves with this 1200.  After this all you got was a toner pack.  The laser and heater and everything else is in the unit.  So it dies a lot.

Curious if an 8 or 8.1 driver would work for your printer on 10. Or, I use a universal printer driver for my HP printer, HP Universal Printing PCL 5 (v5.9.0), maybe that would work for you as it does for me?