Windows 10 has made my brain hurt.

Ol Smoke

When I tried to update to W10, it wouldn't do it.  And it said my two printers were too far out of date to have W10 drivers.

I bought a new PC with WIN10 on it and both of my old printers work great with it.  ???

The only real problem I have had is that W10 hates old email setups with POP3 and SMTP.  The mail program accepted the

first email box I have, but the other 4 wont work.  ???  I triple checked the settings and they are correct and just like the first

box for smtp and pop3 settings.  Even the support lady from Frontier.com couldn't get it to work.  She wanted me to use the

new yahoo setup from frontier.  no thanks.

So, anyway, the struggle continues.

The system is very fast for what it is.  I don't care for the app stuff at all.  To complicated.  But I do like the way it installed

all my hardware correctly and quickly.

Long day ahead to see if it will make the grade.  If not, back to Costco it goes and I get my money back.

I have had no issues using Win10 either. Upgraded from Win7 ->Win10 Technical Preview ->Win7 ->Win10 lol. The printer  I use is at least 10 years old, over the network though, but still no issues. Also no issues using my Cox email which is pop/smtp email address. pop.west.cox.net and smtp.west.cox.net for me, but I use Outlook for my emails.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I have had no issues using Win10 either. Upgraded from Win7 ->Win10 Technical Preview ->Win7 ->Win10 lol. The printer  I use is at least 10 years old, over the network though, but still no issues. Also no issues using my Cox email which is pop/smtp email address. pop.west.cox.net and smtp.west.cox.net for me, but I use Outlook for my emails.

Was your website not loading front page issue fixed? OR It's still not fixed? 

Was your website not loading front page issue fixed? OR It's still not fixed? 

That issue still hasn't been fixed :\ But I don't believe it has to do with Windows 10, as it did it with 7 as well. I just think its weird that its ONLY when I am logged in. When I am not logged in I have no issues.

I had installed windows 10 via windows 7 ultimate updates too se how is it. Not problems at all. The program setup of windows 10 has checked my sistem performance if see is compatible with he (win 10). After what windows was installed i tried to install the video card driver and it gave me a error that my video card is not comapatible with windows 10 because my video card supports DirectX 11 and Windows 10 require directx 12.

So, in this case i was determinet to get back to old Windows 7 x64.

My Sistem specs:

- processor Intel Xeon Quad Core 2.8Ghz

- Ram 4Gb

- video card Ati Radeon HD4850 1Gb 256Bit pci-e dx11

- hdd 1Tb

- power supply 550W Raidmax

- dvd-rw

Indeed, Windows 10 is more faster than all previous of windows but requires new generations of hardware.

I got the email fixed.  I forgot I had to download Microsoft Essentials and use Live Mail.  So that works great.

I just got thru installing COD4 and played my first game and it was so GREAT !  No hang ups, no gun problems, it was so smooth.  The audio is great now.

I think I may like this.

I also got MS Office 2003 to work just great.  Even though some people on the net said it didn't work.  It even activated.

So I think I may have a handle on this.  Just gotta see if my old games will run and some of my older tools like Adobe PS 11.

Thank you guys for reading this.  Thanks Dare. Appreciate all the help over the last year or so with all my problems.

There is one problem that wont be fixed.  At least by me.  If I tell Windows 10 to use IE 11,  I get the same old problems with some websites and esp with FA not C&P'ing.  But if I use

Edge or whatever it is called, then everything is okay.

I just noticed that I say great a lot.  I sound like that guy on Stargate...."Indeed".  hahahahah

I tried to edit my post above but it wouldn't let me.

I got the email fixed.  I forgot I had to download Microsoft Essentials and use Live Mail.  So that works great.

I just got thru installing COD4 and played my first game and it was so GREAT !  No hang ups, no gun problems, it was so smooth.  The audio is great now.

I think I may like this.

I also got MS Office 2003 to work just great.  Even though some people on the net said it didn't work.  It even activated.

So I think I may have a handle on this.  Just gotta see if my old games will run and some of my older tools like Adobe PS 11.

Thank you guys for reading this.  Thanks Dare. Appreciate all the help over the last year or so with all my problems.

There is one problem that wont be fixed.  At least by me.  If I tell Windows 10 to use IE 11,  I get the same old problems with some websites and esp with FA not C&P'ing.  But if I use

Edge or whatever it is called, then everything is okay.

I just noticed that I say great a lot.  I sound like that guy on Stargate...."Indeed".  hahahahah

I tried to edit my post above but it wouldn't let me.

Simple solution, don't use IE ;) Use Mozilla :P

• Like 2

• Administrators

Why use old things when you can use new one? Edge is much faster. 

Also get Office 365. I mean using 2003 in this era is too much! With office 365 you get 1TB space for free in Onedrive.

• Administrators

That issue still hasn't been fixed :\ But I don't believe it has to do with Windows 10, as it did it with 7 as well. I just think its weird that its ONLY when I am logged in. When I am not logged in I have no issues.

Give it a shot now? If not, I plan to update website tonight. Then give it a shot one more time.

Give it a shot now? If not, I plan to update website tonight. Then give it a shot one more time.

Still behaving the same. Takes around a minute to load the "Forums" tab. Will try again once you update.

I'm interested in what printer you are using. I've customized some drivers for using old workhorse HP printers (circa 1998) in our workplace since we rolled out Win7 x64- I may be able to shoot them over to you.

Some printers have great driver support (like my LaserJet 6MP); others like the consumer LaserJet 1000 didn't even make it past Vista x64.

But usually it is the 64-bit kernel that prevents the printer from working... if you had a 32-bit version of Windows, I'd bet money that your printer would work fine. Of course, who uses x86 OS in this day and age...?

Reason i keep my win8.1, no hastle and no brain headache towards figuring out why one of the drivers would cause me any problems, might give it a go in half year or so, once they actually make it properly stable without any hastle of problems as certain users have now.