Do i need to clean my ET ?

Alphaleader
Go to solution Solved by Alphaleader,

I've got too many problems i think with my ET program

I installed a long time ago a normal version , then a pack (don't remember where i found it, perhaps FA as there is all FA Server)

To launch ET i click on a icone desktop, i can see the link as it's not the normal way :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Crossfire.nu\ET Pack\ET\"

Don't know if this or not the reason  but this is what happen :

- Shoot alone (i don't touch the mouse and it's making fire himself) Very cool when u are a cover ops to be silent :lol:

- Continue to change weapon or stay on it without doing something (specially if i roll the mouse to change weapon)

- Sometimes if i want to change mod (from NQ to silent for exemple) i become (ETplayer) Even if i select my profile

- Cannot load the view more than 800*600 (strange as i've got a 17" and my desktop is in 1600*900 actually

Before to reset all i would like to know if you are aware of this pblem ?

Ps : i forgot to say but i used pk3 cleaner before to be sure and bought a new mouse

I'm on a laptop running Windows Seven X86

By the way do you have a tuto : how to reinstall ET and keep your xp and cfg step by step ?

Thanks for ur help ;) Don't hesitate to ask if you don't have enough details 

Just copy the mod folders somewhere(jaymod,silent, nq, noquarter, etpro).

Uninstall ET and delete the Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory folder.

Re-install ET and copy the saved folders back to Wolf...

Be sure to select: Connection > LAN in the pop-up screen at first start.

I get that gun firing without stop once-in-a-while.

I just do /reconnect in console and It stops.

This is a copy of  my desk do i need to copy all files ?

This is strange as this is the main one

ET PACK (attached) but after in ET folder  i've got the same submenu (Noquarter jaymod etc...)

The link is supposed to be the second pics

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/541042ETpackET.png

mini_997141WindowsETpack.png

just try to delete all your profiles .. jaymod/profiles..nq/profiles../silent/profiles and the et system will create a new file (etconfig) for each including your "visual" configuration inside the game in options/controls or options/visual for each one.

*The folder "Profiles"* 

As I see it you have Crossfire installed and start ET under Crossfire which messes things up?

Just try to copy paste those folders to C:\Program Files\ET and try to launch ET.exe from there(ceate new shortcut). Close other applications also.

As I see it you have Crossfire installed and start ET under Crossfire which messes things up?

Just try to copy paste those folders to C:\Program Files\ET and try to launch ET.exe from there(ceate new shortcut). Close other applications also.

no it is an old ET auto setup when tzac was out from the crossfire ET community.

What I would do is to save your etkey and silent.dat and any configs you have.

Uninstall ET, and use FA's ET Installer to reinstall. then copy your stuff back.

You can try that if you feel confident you know what to save.

Saving the entire mod folder like buckwild said is safer if you do not know what to save, but there is a chance you will still have issues if the problem lies with a pk3/or profile config.

BTW I assume you are running Windows 7 64bit because you wouldn't have Program Files (x86) otherwise, unless it was manually created.

Thanks all for your answers

I thnk it's better to uninstall and copy the less possible to be sure to not have bad issues :huh:

What I would do is to save your etkey and silent.dat and any configs you have.

Uninstall ET, and use FA's ET Installer to reinstall. then copy your stuff back.

Ok so how to find the good etkay / guid / silent.dat as i have to many folder and subfolder who are similar ?

I dont care about loosing config i just want to keep what is important to play on FA servers

ok :) i saved it.

i will uninstall all now

After what do you suggest

DL ET at this link http://fearless-assassins.com/files/download/774-enemy-territory-full-version/

and after patch it at this link http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/1420-et-260b-patch-all-os/

Anything else to install ?

The download on here(Your first link) comes with everything you need. So you only need that, you don't need the patch as it is included in the first download.

Edited by Zelly

Thanks Night but i just deleted Crossfire and made a clean one with full version from FA

Seems its working well, i tried a bit as it's already 1 am for me.

One question i tried minimizer include in the pack it's working when i press hotkey i can reach my desktop

If i want to comeback in the game i do the same thing but my game is now like 800*600. Normal ? only solution is to exit game and reconnect

• Like 1