Windows 7 update will not update without Windows 10 Update

Ol Smoke

Tried to do the latest updates today and it will not allow you to do the Windows 7 updates by themselves.  It is going to download the Windows 10

update one way or another.

I still don't know why MS insists on updating windows 7 and 8 to 10?  There is some programming in there they want on your PC.  MS doesn't give

anything away for free, unless there is a reason for them to do it.

You can go around it .... as i done. You have to uncheck the update that is in the optional list of updates if a remember well.

I still run W7 and i still update without installing W10.

Gengis

• Like 2

I went so far as to hide the win10 update on my list.  When I go to windows updates, it is still in the list to do updates.

I sent this problem to MS and got a feint result.  Remove a certain update in my update list in programs.  I went there,

and found no title of that update.  MS said I had already removed it and I needed to restart.  ????????????????? 

What a joke.  I  even went to the interwebsystemofcrap  and found other things to try,  but none have worked.

It seems that once you try to do the update to 10 and it fails,  there is no fix for all the changes it made to your system.

I reinstalled the clone after all this and it still wants to update my system,  which means that MS has a record of my attempt

and it reads that and tries to update my system again.

Tried again today and here is what happened again.  This is after I unselected the Windows 10 optional box and hid it.

24ot4ic.jpg

33a4hnn.jpg

j7t2kx.jpg

I was not supposed to get this problem again since I removed the following update that put the "Get Windows 10" on my system in the first place.

That file update is  "KB3035583" .  I have removed that file a long time ago.  So now you see what the problem is with my updating Windows 7 SP1.

• Like 1

I have had that problem too. W10 is not an important one. It is an optional (or suggested one). So you need to find those and uncheck W10. It worked fine for me and i still run W7. I am gonna post some SS so you see what to do.

Gengis

• Like 1

I upgrade to w10 and I was not running well because my notebook is 2GB and I was not fatal but w10 problem is the pc with less ram the next day went to the house and also has w10 Mazuelos68 as your pc 8GB is the running well but not required update

Waaaaasky

Here is what i do to avoid W10 when i update my W7.

1. I choose : afficher toutes les mises à jour disponibles

2. I choose : facultatif and i uncheck : mise à niveau vers windows 10

3. It shows i am back to normal and i can install the W7 updates

I have to do that every time i want to update windows 7.

Gengis

W1.JPG

W2.JPG

W3.JPG

Edited by Gengis

• Administrators

Just update to Windows 10. It's good. It's not that bad. All my machines are running Windows 10 without any issues. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5842

Just download stand alone package. Depending on your CPU / OS download the stand alone package.

It's a glitch in the system!!  MS just sent me a text about this problem.

Even though the update system says it is downloading Windows 10;  it is not doing that.

It is downloading and installing only the items I selected.  The screen is not updating properly they said.

So they said to check the boxes of the updates I want, and continue normally, even though it says it is

downloading Windows 10.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...