mouse acting wierd

DarKMyst
Go to solution Solved by RedBaird,

Hallo Guys,

Problem solved. Don`t ask me how, I am not sure. Action that I made: Made a clean install of Win 8.1. Realy don`t like win 10, it is to demanding and forces people in a certain way. Lot of actions that I can take in win 7/8.1 are not possible in win 10 anymore. But that is a personal taste. I puked it out and problem solved. Again thanks for the quick replies and the advise given.

• Like 2

• Clan Friend

hi Sunlight,

What is de setting in etmain/etconfig changing then? It clearly is a setting in_mouse and a value of 1 ( in my case ) There is even a list with all the valeus for the settings where for in_mouse a value of -1, as suggested by some other members, that the value of windows will be implemented. I think that is what I need, because in windows the mouse is acting normal. And yes, it moves already in the main screen.

To Dest!Ny,

Good one, didn`t think about that.......gonna try that out.

Thanks guys.

I don't know which ET version you're using, indeed there is a cvar called in_mouse but it's used only to enable or disable mouse input. In other words, all the values different than 0 are treated as 'mouse on' and there are no magic settings.

• Like 2

Problem solved (for now.) I did install the game under program files now, before I did it on my second harddrive under games. I don`t know why, but maybe some of you magicians can tell me in detail why.....lol.

By any chance did you run it as administrator in the first place?

Second, Logitech used to be known with issues with drivers, so try to revert back one or two versions backwards. I have Logitech keyboard (g110) and I dont use it's own driver, just because it was shit. Same with MX 518 mouse, because even old drivers/setpoint caused lags sooner or later. I bought Roccat mouse for gaming and never had issues since with these.

• Like 1

Thanks Rendel,

I did start with admin when i installed it on my D: drive. No OS installed there. I had setpoint 6.32 and uberoptions 4.80b for the mouse. ( setpoint does not enable all buttons.) After different ways of installing I did install it on my C: drive ( ET ) under program files. Then I had the etkey problem. Forgot to install it with admin rights. But after that, no problems. Oh, i also did disable the setting under properties/compatibillity- adjust desktop with high DPI ( don`t know the right term, on a dutch OS now. ) So, hope that it keeps stable now. When the ship with money comes by, i will buy a razer mouse  or something like that.

by the way guys. the way I solved it was because of a old post from fearless-assassins !!

• Like 2

• Leader
  • Solution

Oh, i also did disable the setting under properties/compatibillity- adjust desktop with high DPI

I found something when searching about a different ET & Win10 problem. I remembered your mouse problem and came by to post.  Your fix sounds like it might fix his problem! I will link to here. :)

BTW, another mentions the mouse moving by itself and when he followed a suggestion to turn down the mouse-resolution, it was fixed.

• Like 2