[Update] Piece Of Mind (A talk about depression)

MorriganAensland

Hey Matt - I apologize that I just now saw this topic.

(Thank you RedB for bringing it to my attention.)

As I'm sure every single person on this Earth has experienced, we all go through depression, anxiety, and sometimes even paranoia. I know this well because it's a part of my life and genetics.

With being so, I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you quickly or responded to your texts fast enough, but you know we are all here for you.

F|A may not only be a F|Amily, but it's a community. It allows us to reach out to people across the world and make new friendships, connections, and share stories. I am grateful I live in an age where I can do exactly that through technology.

I'm glad you're doing so much better, Matt - and you know I'm always here for you, for anyone, whether it's through the good or bad.

Sometimes we just need someone to listen, and it makes all the difference in the world.

• Like 6

Hey Matt - I apologize that I just now saw this topic.

(Thank you RedB for bringing it to my attention.)

As I'm sure every single person on this Earth has experienced, we all go through depression, anxiety, and sometimes even paranoia. I know this well because it's a part of my life and genetics.

With being so, I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you quickly or responded to your texts fast enough, but you know we are all here for you.

F|A may not only be a F|Amily, but it's a community. It allows us to reach out to people across the world and make new friendships, connections, and share stories. I am grateful I live in an age where I can do exactly that through technology.

I'm glad you're doing so much better, Matt - and you know I'm always here for you, for anyone, whether it's through the good or bad.

Sometimes we just need someone to listen, and it makes all the difference in the world.

Oh you just noticed it now ? I guess I will forgive you one day... Just kidding, you know I'll never be mad about such things, sweetie. You probably know me better than anyone here, so don't be sorry for not replying quickly or fast enough. We both know what we're living, life isn't always pink and we have our problems in which we don't really feel like to talk and/or we're really busy, that's perfectly understandable. I know you and other F|A members will always be here for me, and so am I always gonna be there for you. At any situation, for the best and the worst, I'll always be the first in the line to show you that I care. (Unless someone pushes me, geez...)

That's the best way to put it. We're a community, a family, our strength is in our unity. We should take in account of everyone here and always be there for each others. We're not only gamers in a clan. We're friends. It's probably late now to do a "Thanksgiving metaphor" since it was yesterday for the US, I believe, but we all should be thankful for having each others.

Still a huge thank you Morgan, you surely saved my life, my mind and my whole. I never thought someone online would have such an impact in my life, but I'll always be thankful for it. Your words of wisdom, your mind always open and the fact you're always willing to help someone in needs, it really inspires me and I would love more people like you around. I consider you as my spirit animal most of the time... Even if that technically means that a fox is my spirit animal, I guess. The only things I want to do now are: Listen to you, listen to others and help them as much as you did for me. Come there and give you the greatest hug there's ever been.

I'm happy to have talked to you, I'm happy to be more positive and to talk about things other than problems which consumed me by fears.

• Like 4

Depression can be hard and its very personal, its effect differently to all of us, i was depressed too for more than 5 year, following Antero Niittymäki and Minnesota Wild games was huge thing for me, and i think biggest thing, i still watch Antero Niittymäki old games when i feel depressed, Clan was big part too for healing process, i visited psychiatrist four year and that was ofc big part of healing process too, everyone have different way to beat depression, but one of key is to talk with someone, its never easy to start to talk, my grandparents example didnt even know what depression can be, but when they saw me when i was in super bad shape they realised that, and even know they sometime say how happy they are to get me back and see me healthy again, i talked with them a lot, ofc now when both have alzheimer i cant talk to them anymore, but i have my uncle and friends which one to talk, depression coming  me time to time, and i will keep beating it time after time, i just enjoy every healthy day, after depression i have learned to enjoy my life, i do not need new cars, girlfriends, or money to be happy, i value so much my healthy now that it keep me happy. So to you and everyone who baddle agains depression, talk with ppls, share your feelings, try find something what you love to do, and dont stay alone, go to meet ppls, spend time with ppls, its important that you can be outside of you head. Stay strong mate, and i am happy to hear that you got help and feel a lot better already!

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

Brave of you to step out like this. Both in talking and writing. Depression is a plague of 21st century, TOP10 disease of modern society. I had my own phases where I was not only seriously thinking should I end my life, but how and when should I do it. My friend saved saved my life by pure accident. As I did to another person, also by accident (or not?)...

The story: I was standing in front of her house, it was raining, but I didn't really care. I had that feeling I must go inside and tell her how I feel for her ( I was in love with that girl). The need to tell her was so strong, I suddenly caught myself how I knock on her door. She opened and without to many words, I just sat there watching her (she put makeup on). I didn't told her that night how I felt about her (ah, I was a coward regarding emotions back then - but I was somewhat like Morrigan - anything could go in, nothing out), but we did go out and we spent the whole night talking. Among the things, suddenly she told me she intended to drink the whole bottle of pills and I prevented that by coming so suddenly to her house. Later that night, after we separated on my way to home, I was crying from happiness - the only time I did that in my life. And I am so thankful I did experience those tears of happiness. I guess some people never do in their entire life.

It's very brave of you to share your story with us and I am so so happy to see you're getting back on track. I'm proud of you!

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies and our thoughts can be very destructive. Once you get into that downwards spiral, it's extremely hard to get out and most of the time we need help with that. It's amazing how you opened up to some people on here, telling them what was going on, sharing your thoughts, getting stuff out of your head, talking to them, can be really relieving... Sometimes that's all you need; someone who listens, knowing that someone cares. So I am also very proud of the people who helped you.

Life can be a pretty dark place sometimes, you might not always see the light at the end of the tunnel but if you keep moving forward, you'll slowly get to a better place. Hurting yourself or even thinking about ending your life isn't the solution. Seek help, times get better. Giving up on life isn't the answer.

If you - or anyone else on here - needs someone to talk to; I'm just one message away.