90% RAM used

Bowly

So my pc is running very slowly and when i looked 90% of my RAM was used. After closing Chrome it was still 80% even tho the program using the most RAM was skype with 125MB. (i got total of 8 gig ram)

Anyone know what might cause this? i'm scanning my pc for malware incase its a virus or smt. But anyone any other ideas?

Edited by Bowly

Are you downloading anything or using any sort of downloading programs at all? Could it be skype?

Something's not releasing the memory as it should, so it sounds like you've got a leak. I would test programs and see what might be the cause.

I had this issue with Win 8.1. Having FF open, my download manager and doing anything else started to eat ram like crazy. After I upgraded to Win 10 the issue went away.

• Like 1

Well its not Skype, steam, gyazo. Still trying to test other programs but my taskmanager is frozen completely ><

If 90% of your memory has been allocated, than you must have a memory leak. What is the process using the RAM? System, svchost, dwm, etc?

Reboot your computer dude.

• Like 1

Definitely a memory leak like these guys have said. You can view which process is the problem by going to your task manager, and clicking on processes. If it's something like Skype, then go ahead and end the process, uninstall, and reinstall.

When you look at the list of processes, make sure you are running as administrator; so you can see all the processes and not just your user's.

I had this issue with Win 8.1. Having FF open, my download manager and doing anything else started to eat ram like crazy. After I upgraded to Win 10 the issue went away.

How much are they paying you Sid?

When you look at the list of processes, make sure you are running as administrator; so you can see all the processes and not just your user's.

How much are they paying you Sid?

Hey hey hey, you hippy bastard. This man ain't for sale. Well. Unless the price is right. And I mean, I'll do anything for a dollar.

Anything. 

giphy.gif

Hah.

Seriously though, I was dead set on upgrading until I started having memory issues and crashes. Had the same issue oN  my desktop which is still 8.1. I got frustrated and desperate so I upgraded to 10 and it was all magical and shit. No more crashes. No more slowdowns. It was beautiful!

It's not perfect, but I actually surprisingly dig it. Although- Older games, like real old games pre-2004 have some issues running. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

the following is instructions for getting you down to barebones programs deleting temp files ect ie removing unessary clutter from running

Start/run/%temp% enter

ctrl+a

delete click skip on any that pop up. dump the recyclingbin

Start/run/msconfig enter

startup tab. disable all. apply. reboot. see if this helps