how to completely remove wolfenstein old profile from REg

enzo45

I was playing ET last year but downloaded a cfg  that have completely messed up the game

fps went fom very stable 90 to variable one form 10 to 30 

tried to fix by uninstall but nothing worked so i quited

now i upgraded to windows 10 did a full reset to system but it didn't work  :unsure:

The strange thing is that the cfg sill there :huh:  cuz i found the jaymod screen modified

So how to delete this Game from registry ? i found folder in registry called ACTIVSION is it safe toremove it??? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance :wub:

Edited by enzo45

It's not in the registry. And please, don't tinker with the registry if you don't know *exactly* what you are doing.

Run the =F|A= PK3 cleaner to fix the changed JayMod screen: http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/374-enemy-territory-auto-pk3-cleaner/

And then you will want to create a new etconfig.cfg. You can just delete it from your JayMod folder, or use /cvar_restart

It's hard to tell why you have a framerate drop of 60-80fps, but the two things that come to mind would be /r_useThreadedRenderer could be wrong, or so could /r_primitives

• Like 2

I'm unsure what you mean by a full disk cleanup.

You mean you ran the Microsoft Windows Disk Cleanup utility? That doesn't touch any program or personal files.

Ok. So you ran the "Refresh/Reset PC" tool. Gotcha.

Well all of your et settings are stored in a *.cfg file that is within your ETMain and mod files. If there is persistence in your settings after reinstalling Windows, as well as ET, then your modified config file (that causes your framerate drops) must not have been deleted. If you start ET, load JayMod, and do /cvar_restart- you will have a default config. From there, you can rebuild it to your liking. You can also try /r_primitives 2 to see if that helps.
Depending on your GPU, there could be a driver or settings problem... but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Now, if you didn't install ET to %Program Files (x86)%, than your ET installation will not have been removed. Running the Refresh/Reset utility does not format your hard disk, and therefore not *all* files are truly removed.

it didn't change still the same :(

but no problem i have another pc and it is working fine

its just an old friend visited me and wanted to play with me.

i rarely use this pc .Anyways  Thank You so much for your time :wub:  :wub:

Are you sure that no cvar was changed in the meantime. In case your et crashed some cvars might have been set to [unsafe] state.
Have you tried different render settings(r_primitives 0 or 1 or 2)
Do you get those fps drops on open areas or everywhere?

There's very few registry entries created by W:ET. So, like said my clan mates, don't mess with the registry of your Os. If you really wish to do a clean install of your game, then you can use RevoUninstaller. This software will help you to uninstall ET and remove registry entries left after an uninstallation (mostly linked at admin rights so on). Then re-install your game and make a new config.

If you need help to make a new config, we have a sub-forum dedicated for this purpose here: http://fearless-assassins.com/forum/206-et-scripts-configs/

You can also try one of our numerous configs shared by all of us in our download sub-forum here: http://fearless-assassins.com/files/

• Like 1