ET crashing

tipsy

My game use to run fine 3 months back but then I removed it completely from my pc and later re-installed it. After re-installing , its just nearly impossible to play without crashing 10 times per map.

Graphics: via/s3g unichrome Igp

RAM : 512 + 128

P.S. : I know its old shit pc , but again I been playing fine till I  re-installed it . and its 2.60b 

What else I am missing .

post-683-0-75867100-1442296816_thumb.jpg

Few questions:

- Did you chose a new installation path or did you use the old?

- do you still have access to your old config file that used to work?

- what did change in the mean time (hardware, software) for this machine?

- what is the message you get when ET crashes? Or how does it 'go off', bluescreen f.e. or just "ET is not responding anymore"?

Did you changed something in your pc or software? Then I mean between the old and new install?

Few questions:

- Did you chose a new installation path or did you use the old?

- do you still have access to your old config file that used to work?

- what did change in the mean time (hardware, software) for this machine?

- what is the message you get when ET crashes? Or how does it 'go off', bluescreen f.e. or just "ET is not responding anymore"?

I didn't change anything , everything is same  , installation directory etc. I use to have cofing by dare , currently I use default config.  No software added /hardware added to machine.

OK, this means it may still exis in this place.

Since your PC is a bit less potent, your config most likely is the key to a crash-free ET :)

either:

-search the main folder of ET by sorting last changed / created dates to quickly find your old config

or

-navigate to your most used mod and look in the profile folder for the config (I have a separate one for every mod)

--> Enemy Territory/NoQuarter/profiles/10Tacle contains my NQ1 config

--> Enemy Territory/nq/profiles/10Tacle contains my NQ3 config etc.

but perhaps you have the old one of dare somewhere (mail, pm, external HD) to copy and exec it again.

lmk how it goes ya?

OK, this means it may still exis in this place.

Nothing old exist not even a single SS , I deleted all.

Since your PC is a bit less potent, your config most likely is the key to a crash-free ET :)

either:

-search the main folder of ET by sorting last changed / created dates to quickly find your old config

or

-navigate to your most used mod and look in the profile folder for the config (I have a separate one for every mod)

--> Enemy Territory/NoQuarter/profiles/10Tacle contains my NQ1 config

--> Enemy Territory/nq/profiles/10Tacle contains my NQ3 config etc.

but perhaps you have the old one of dare somewhere (mail, pm, external HD) to copy and exec it again.

He gave me config 4yrs back , don't have it lol , and before using dare's config my ET don't use to crash either, I use to probably run et @ 2.55  . Like I said I'm currently using default config.  and I checked in profile folder its "etconfig.cfg"  aka default config there.

lmk how it goes ya?

This is not optimal mate :)

Have you, by chance, made some backups of your system with windows?

Can't say if this would work if you chose a backup that is older than your uninstall, but worth a shot since nothing changed. Make sure you save all the new stuff that was created after a potential backup to an external media, like mail / HD / stick etc.

What you can try is manually create or download a very minimalistic config for weaker systems to try and see. There even is a topic in our forums for that I found quickly: Click, then chose low quality one obviously :)

or even: Click2 within our forums for configs.

Throw this into your (default) config: "seta logfile 1"

Run the game and play until it crashes, then go to mod directory and open "etconsole.log"

At the end will be something like this, only it should have an error. Please post it (delete cmds/PMs as necessary for privacy), should make it easier to get to the bottom of this. :)
EDIT: Also, does this happen on all mods?

]/quit
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
...deleting GL context: success
...releasing DC: success
...destroying window
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
-----------------------
Edited by Xernicus
  • Like 5

soo how did it go mate?

It was 2am here , I will try soon.

@xeno Can't say , I just play on jay1

Edited by yoyo

Did you reinstall from the same source, and the same Pack ?

And do you have any error message when it crashes ?

What do you mean same source same pack?  Error msg  is mostly "Et has stopped working" then I have to press "window key" and close the et OR pc freezes up then I have to put pc to stand by-start it - close et .

@xer I can't see any log file any jaymod folder .

post-683-0-00091800-1442400571_thumb.jpg

post-683-0-80689100-1442400578_thumb.jpg

• Clan Friend

What do you mean same source same pack? Error msg is mostly "Et has stopped working"

does it say by chance the address where the crash happened?

@xer I can't see any log file any jaymod folder .

check etmain folder as well, but if et crashes it could fail to flush the buffer and write the last lines of the log Edited by SunLight

does it say by chance the address where the crash happened?

check etmain folder as well, but if et crashes it could fail to flush the buffer and write the last lines of the log

No , like I said, game just hang, then I hve to press window button and close ET tab and then there is this error.. ET stopped working.   and there is no et.log file .

What do you mean same source same pack?

The game can be (re)installed from different sources / sites and they don't all include the same versions/patches/components.

Which could imply that the game doesn't work the same in this reinstall than it used to with your previous install.

And even make conflicts with remaining items for instance.