ET: Servers disappeared?

gabbo

I recently got WolfET and I've been playing mostly on FA servers. In the server browser I've had no problems as I often got many results but today a few hours after I had a match in 94.75.233.44:27960 (FA Beginners) the server list/servers in general disappeared, as in they stopped showing up. Why could this have happened? I changed my DNS settings and my firewall is disabled so what's the beef? RTCW also seems to be acting up, along with ET Fortress. Any help/suggestions are welcome as I do not want to manually enter the server ips, especially since I know very few and prefer to browse the large variety.

This happens to me often also (today/before). Seems the ET list servers go down everyone once in a while. Might want to just try later on.

which version of ET you're using?

2.55 or 2.60b?

2.55 is the version I originally installed. I just deleted all the .pak files and uninstalled then reinstalled clean. The server list still doesn't show up, man this is frustrating.

Master servers are unreachable. It happens sometimes but they will probably be back online soon (hopefully).

It may also slow down the start process of servers, at least it happend to me yesterday night when i was reinstalling some servers. Servers try to resolve "etmaster.idsoftware.com" (and every other masters that have been defined in the server config) and it takes a few seconds before timing out.

For the moment you can still use SplatterLadder and browse their serverlist in order to find a server where to play, or simply play on our servers :)

2.55 is the version I originally installed. I just deleted all the .pak files and uninstalled then reinstalled clean. The server list still doesn't show up, man this is frustrating.

well as the others said this happen sometimes, my advise for you... it's more personal advise ok!

update your ET to 2.60b : Patch 2.60-2.60b-PB(2.213) Full

why update? ------> Read this

if you have some servers where you like to play but they are on 2.55 version? use ET Starter Pro or watch this video:

and if you play on f|a server my advise to you, use our menu et main menu v2 (so even if you update to 2.60b you still can join f|a servers)

well as the others said this happen sometimes, my advise for you... it's more personal advise ok!

update your ET to 2.60b : Patch 2.60-2.60b-PB(2.213) Full

why update? ------> Read this

if you have some servers where you like to play but they are on 2.55 version? use ET Starter Pro or watch this video:

and if you play on f|a server my advise to you, use our menu et main menu v2 (so even if you update to 2.60b you still can join f|a servers)

I installed/extracted the update and the servers still refuse to show up.

Don't mess about with your ET! The problem is not at your end it's just the master servers are not working :) They should be back soon I would think...just wait...

Odds are the server is full. Check to see if the what your server settings are, make sure to have this box NOT checked:

faservers.png

Personally I use these menus to connect to all =F|A= Servers.

F|A Hardcore Main Menu *By -=Medic=-

F|A Main Menu *By -=Medic=-

*Use these Menus, servers will always show up no matter what you do!