NHL Season 2015-2016

von Rantala

New York I

Members: -

GM: Garth Snow

Coach: Jack Capuano

Captain: John Tavares

Fantasy Line: (Best from every spots in team)

Kyle Okposo – John Tavares – Ryan Strome

Nick Leddy – Travis Hamonic

Jaroslav Halak

Most underrated player: Travis Hamonic

Most overrated player: Johnny Boychuk

Best Young players: (less than 100 NHL game or no breakthrough season)

1. Michael Dal Colle (LW)

2. Ryan Pullock

3. Josh Ho-Sang

Ratings:

Goalies: 7

Defenders: 7

Forwards: 7,5

Staff: 6,5 (Coach 3,5, GM 3)

Overal Rating: 28/30

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Jaroslav Halak 60-50, Thomas Greiss 30-20

Playoff prediction: Miss playoffs

Biggest Question marks:

Will team get enough production from second and third line, team has players who can product in second and thirdline, but didnt do that enough in last year, like Kulemin, Grabovski has to take next step, and can those young players who played breakthrough season last year, keep they production at least in same, usually second season is hardest. Is goalie situation enought good to go playoffs, Halak is very good in best days, but below of avarage in rest of time and he is very irregular. Defence group is young, but i think it will not be weak point of team, when there is a lot talent and it can get rating 9 in future, Boychuk is overrated player who enjoy too big salary, he played solid season last year, but usually made 10-20 points in Boston and you can wait dropp to that point amount in this season after one strong season.

My Fantasy players: (who is in my fantasy team)

No

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=67

New York R

GM: Jeff Gorton (President Glen Sather who still run a lot of operations)

Coach: Alain Vigneault

Captain: Ryan McDonagh

Rick Nash – Derek Stepan -Derick Brassard

Dan Girardi – Keith Yandle

Henrik Lundqvist

Most underrated player: Dan Girardi

Most overrated player: Marc Staal

1. Pavel Butshenevitsh (LW)

2. Oscar Lindberg (C/W)

3. Brady Skei (D)

Ratings:

Goalies: 9,5

Defenders: 9

Forwards: 8,5

Staff: 9 (Coach 4,5, President 4,5)

Overal Rating: 36/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Henrik Lundqvist 60-50, Antti Raanta 30-20

Playoff prediction: Lose Finals

Biggest Question marks:

There is big risk that team dropp in first rounds too, team lost St. Louis (retired) (they didnt take anyone to fill his spot)and couple future stars to get team what win now, and not in future and there is always risk, when teams gas run out, like happened in Vancouver couple year ago. Ofc Vancouver was in different situation, they just traded two great goalie and sign poor to take that spot, and they fire one of best coach too, but still there is always risk when Rangers gas run out, but before that Rangers will be one of 3-4 best teams in NHL. They got Yandle in last season and got first time in years very good offencive defender and that can make team even more better. Staal can be used in trades, he enjoy way too big salary, he is good defencive defender for sure, top 10 in that area, but he get biggest salary if we look defencive defenders and thats why he is overvalued player. Team has to answer to question who fill St. Louis spot and production, can it be some of young players, if they cant fill that spot, team is in troubles.

No

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=68

Ottawa

GM: Bryan Murray

Coach: Dave Cameron

Captain: Erik Karlsson

Bobby Ryan – Kyle Turris – Mark Stone

Erik Karlsson – Chris Phillips

Craig Anderson

Most underrated player: Craig Anderson

Most overrated player: Marc Methot

1. Chris Wideman (D)

2. Shane Price (LW)

3. Nick Paul (LW)

Ratings:

Goalies: 8,5

Forwards: 7

Staff: 6,5 (Coach 2,5, GM 4)

Overal Rating: 29/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Craig Anderson 60-50, Andrew Hammond 30-20

Biggest Question marks:

I have to say, that in my mind Craig Anderson is one of NHL most underrated players atm, if he can now play healthy year and get help from defence group he could be top 5 goalies in league, Anderson has been injury delicated in last couple years and if he can avoid injuries he can lead Ottawa to playoffs again, he has great playoffs stats without playoff serie win, keep eye on Anderson. Ottawa secondary scoring is biggest question mark, they defencive rating came almost only from Karlsson, who is in my mind best defender in NHL atm, rest of defencive group is a lot below of avarage and if Karlsson suffer injury you can find Ottawa far away from playoffs spots. Secondary forwards is big question mark too, they has solid first line, but who will be second line center, i think most of even NHL followers dont know who is second line center of team, Ottawa is talent team, and talent team most common question is, how much production thy can get from young players. They need 1-2 forward and 1-2 defenders to go playoffs or next step from couple young players.

No

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=69

I liked line ups what we had last game against Buffalo, i like that we try Zucker - Koivu - Niederraiter line, it was my wish, first time for long long time, Yeo did use lines what i wish, he use guys who i hope in powerplay too (Koivu, Parise, Granlund, Pomminville, Suter) even that we could try Dumba too in spot of Sutter. Vanek - Coyle - Fontaine would be our third line atm (and firt line tonigh game) so let see how that work. I wish that Bäckström get opportunity to play in too. Only what i didnt like yet was our defence pair, we used Spurgeon with Suter, even that it has been Brodin spot for last 2 year and it should be his still, second could be Dumba-Scandella and third could be Spurgeon-Reilly.

Update to my GM roster is that i trade Demers and take Zidlicky back to my team after two season break, he made 1,1 milj dollar contract so i get him back when i can make room for that salary, i had to trade him couple year ago when he salary was 4.0 milj. So now i have enough room to keep Bäckström in my third spot behind Dubnyk and Rämö.

Ducks Sign Gibson for three year extension http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=779911overal amount is 6.9 milj dollar what is 2,3 milj per year

Philadelphia

Members: Meow and Rattlem

GM: Ron Hextall

Coach: David Hakstol

Captain: Claude Giroux

Wayne Simmonds – Claude Giroux – Jakub Voracek

Mark Streit – Adrew MacDonald

Steve Mason

Most underrated player: Sean Couturier

Most overrated player: Michael Raffl

1. Ivan Provorov (D)

2. Samuel Morin (D)

3. Travis Sanheim (D)

Ratings:

Goalies: 8,5

Forwards: 9

Staff: 5 (Coach 3, GM 2)

Overal Rating: 29/30

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Steve Mason 60-50, Michal Neuvirth 30-20

Playoff prediction: Miss Playoffs

Biggest Question marks:

Flyers got new coach from College hockey, Hakstol can be surprise name to Jack Adams trophy and could even lead Philly to playoffs, flyers has a lot talents in defencive group and this year first round pick Provorov could take spot in roster, but its they weak point, only two year ago flyers had one of best defencive groups in NHL what lead Flyears in playoffs, but now defence group is they weak point, Streit they number one defender is 37 year (38 in December) and behind him there is no one who could product in points categoria, except maybe Del Zotto, but that not sure, they offenice group is solid and should be in top 5 in production, even that they not get help from defenders enough.

Sean Couturier

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=70

Wooow What Comeback from Nikke (Bäcktröm) he played shutout when he save all 28 shot against Winnipeg. Woow im so so so happy for him, im so excited, i so hope he can take that second goalie spot and we could send Kuemper to AHL or trade him to prospect or draft pick. Nikke would be perfect choise to second goalie, yes he had hard season behind him and two season when he had played only 40 games below 89 save percent, because injuries, but he would be better choise than Kuemper, because he is long time Wild, very liked in lockerroom and bring that experience to group, and he still can be solid goalie who can make 91-> percent if he is healthy.

Team of day!

Pittsburgh

Members: -Yomero and Jaymee

GM: Jim Rutherford

Coach: Mike Johnston

Captain: Sidney Crosby

Yevgeni Malkin – Sidney Crosby – Phil Kessel

Kris Letang – Olli Määttä

Marc-Andre Fleury

Most underrated player: Chris Kunitz

Most overrated player: Pascal Dupuis

1. Derrick Pouliot (D)

2. Matt Murray (G)

3. Sergei Plotnikov (RW/LW)

Ratings:

Goalies: 8

Forwards: 10

Staff: 5,5 (Coach 1,5, GM 4)

Overal Rating: 30,5/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Marc- Andre Fleury 60-50, Jeff Zatkoff 15-10, Matt Murray 15-10

Playoff prediction: Lose in second round

Biggest Question marks:

Pittsburgh trade couple very good talent to get Kessel, but even after that trade they keep it solid prospect stock, Coach is in my mind biggest question mark, and i was surprised that Pittsburgh didnt look new coach after last year, its should not be even possible to miss playoffs spot with roster what they had last year, and Pittsburgh almost miss playoffs, they take playoff spot in last round of regular season and dropp out in first round, i did wait that in my last year prediction, but still it was big dropp after they kick out Bylsma (too hastily) and Shero (too hastily also) those two guys probably would get this team in the Conference finals if they would be behind bench and they could have real chance to Stanley too, but not with Johnston if he not take next level with his progress. Pittsburgh Defence will need 1-2 veterans to help young players, but Letang, Määttä, Pouliot and Scuderi make very good and solid back bone to team, third pair is question mark. Gonchar could be wild card to team, who should be check.

Olli Määttä

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=71

the pens may have actually had the chance to win the cup over the last few years, but they continue to hang on to Fleury. In fact I remember their fans even getting on Lemieux's case about trading him for a quality goalie. I would tend to think their number one goalie has not improved much and the pens just may repeat another average season with little playoff advancement unless they bring in a bonafide star goaltender. Regardless of how much firepower you have on the scoring lines, the goalie is your key to the cup.

• Like 1

the pens may have actually had the chance to win the cup over the last few years, but they continue to hang on to Fleury. In fact I remember their fans even getting on Lemieux's case about trading him for a quality goalie. I would tend to think their number one goalie has not improved much and the pens just may repeat another average season with little playoff advancement unless they bring in a bonafide star goaltender. Regardless of how much firepower you have on the scoring lines, the goalie is your key to the cup.

it's not fleury's fault if Crosby and malkin wont do shit in playoffs anymore !

• Like 1

Fleury has played two solid season now, and was good in playoffs too last year, yes i havent like him either, but last couple year (at least last year) he has been top 10 goalie, you can win Cup without top 5 goalie too, as Hawks has shown, Hawks won they first Stanley with only avarage or below avarage goalie game, and Pittsburgh have better top 6 players than Hawks has in first Stanley year. Yes in 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 and 2012 - 2013 they lost because poor goalie game and they made huge mistake when they kick Bylsma, last year Johnston show how good job Bylsma did with roster, when they almost dropp out of playoffs in his first year. Defence group is solid but need veterans, Letang and Määttä is top 10 defence pair in NHL or at least could be. But after that dropp is huge. I think its not enough for cup with this defence group and coach, and yes goalie situation is still minor question mark, but lets remember that in 2007-2008 they first stanley final year Fleury was great. So he can be good in playoffs too. Let see, but i agree that i never like it Fleury much, i have think that he has been overrated goalie at least 5 - 6 year, but last two he actually has been good and solid.

• Like 1

San Jose

Members: Meow

GM: Doug Wilson

Coach: Peter DeBoer

Captain: -

Logan Couture – Joe Thornton – Joe Pavelski

Brent Burns – Marc-Edouard Vlasic

Martin Jones

Most underrated player: Joe Thornton

Most overrated player: Martin Jones

1. Nikolai Goldobin (LW/RW)

2. Joonas Donskoi (RW/LW)

3. Timo Meier (RW/C)

Ratings:

Goalies: 4,5

Defenders: 7,5

Forwards: 7,5

Staff: 7 (Coach 4, GM 3)

Overal Rating: 26,5/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Martin Jones 40-30, Alex Stalock 40-30

Biggest Question marks:

Los Angeles has develop great goalies lately and with Nashville i think LAK have best goalie coaches, and now San Jose try do what Toronto did, when they trade goalie from Los Angeles and try make suggest with Jones, difference is that in my Bernier was better goalie than Jones was when they made trade, its hard to say how good goalies is, when he play back of so great defencive team, i could be wrong with Jones for sure, but in my mind its too early to pay 3 milj for goalie who has played less than 40 game in NHL, his AHL stats are great, but if you look current and past stats from LAK farm team goalies they all play with great stats in there. So San Jose goalies is biggest question mark. They need to get little bit better in every are of ice to be Cup challanger again and San Jose could be future re-build team, if current goalies cant make success. But good thing is that DeBoer is great coach which one lead NJ to Stanley finals in his first year (in NJ), so he get teams play better hockey than team really is, good example is NJ who wasnt east top 5 team but they played in Stanley finals end of year. DeBoer is defencive way coach which can help with young goalies too, so dont count them totally out of playoff run. Thronton and Marleu is still good players who should get more respect, they still play almost point per game and both are still star players in league.

No

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=73

St. Louis

GM: Doug Armstrong

Coach: Ken Hitchcock

Captain: David Backes

Jaden Schwartz - Jori Lehterä – Vladimir Tarasenko

Kevin Shattenkirk – Alex Pietrangelo

Brian Elliott

Most underrated player: Jori Lehterä

Most overrated player: Patrik Berglund

1. Robby Fabbri ©

2. Petteri Lindbohm (D)

3. Ville Husso (G)

Ratings:

Defenders: 8,5

Forwards: 9,5

Staff: 8,5 (Coach 4,5, GM 4)

Overal Rating: 33,5/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Brian Elliott 50-40, Jake Allen 40-30

Playoff prediction: Lose in first round

Biggest Question marks:

St. Louis goalie situation is ofc team biggest question mark, can Elliott and Allen be that tandem who lead St. Louis long in playoffs, and Blues key losts are huge question mark too, they lost Jackman from defence group, who is in my mind one of NHL best defencive defender and they lost Michalek and Cole too from D and T.J. Oshie from offencive. If they had best defenders group last season its not that anymore, they have couple good young defender who can fill part of those players, but not entirely just yet, team have two very good line, both of those two line can product and they will get great powerplay units too when they have two great offenicive defenders Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo in the point, big guestion mark is can they lose that playoff bogy out of shoulders.

Kyle Brodziak

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=74

Tampa Bay

GM: Steve Yzerman

Coach: Jon Cooper

Captain: Steven Stamkos

Ondrej Palat – Tyler Johnson – Steven Stamkos

Victor Hedman – Anton Strålman

Andrei Vasilevsky

Most underrated player: Tyler Johnson

Most overrated player: Anton Strålman

1. Andrei Vasilevsky (D)

2. Anthony DeAngelo (D)

3. Adam Erne (LW)

Ratings:

Goalies: 8

Defenders: 8

Forwards: 10

Staff: 8,5 (Coach 4, GM 4,5)

Overal Rating: 34,5

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Andrei Vasilevsky 50-40, Ben Bishop 40-30

Playoff prediction: Lose in conference finals

Biggest Question marks:

Goalie situation is interesting, i think Vasilevsky will will past Bishop and take starter job in coming season and will start playoffs, Vasilevsky who was in my list number one last year, when i list best players outside of NHL and he is most talanted Russian goalie, what i has seen, he will take Tampa starter job in future, but is this season when he do it, is question mark, but i think he will take it. Biggest question mark is how team defence group play, defence group was my reason to put Rangers front of them in East Conference finals, but if Tampa get great game from goalies, what can even up Rangers lead in defence group, they can win it and go in Stanley finals, but for now, defence group is team weak point and team have to get at least rating 9 to be real Stanley contender in coming season, one or maybe two trade with future talents could be answer and because Tampa still have one of best prospect stock they could trade someone to make defence group better.

No

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=75

Toronto

Members: D..X, L3fty and Pepsi,

GM: Lou Lamoriello

Coach: Mike Babcock

Captain: Dion Phaneuf

James van Reimsdyk – Tyler Bozak – Nazem Kadri

Morgan Reilly – Jake Gardiner

Jonathan Bernier

Most underrated player: Daniel Winnik

Most overrated player: Dion Phaneuf

1. William Nylander ©

2. Mitchell Marner (C/RW)

3. Kasperi Kapanen (RW)

Ratings:

Defenders: 6,5

Forwards: 6,5

Staff: 9 (Coach 5, GM 4)

Overal Rating: 29/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Jonathan Bernier 50-40, James Reimer 30-20

Playoff prediction: Miss Playoffs

Biggest Question marks:

Toronto finally put office in order, when they sign great GM and NHL one of best coach in behind bench, lets remember Carlyle was very good coach too who has won Stanley also, but Babcock is minor improve on that area. Toronto make they prospect stock more deep also, when they got Kapanen and Harrington in trade of Kessel and Draft big prospect Marner in fourth totall, plus Nylander should make deput in this season, bu they all can take spot in roster in this season and its one of questions, if they can take it and how they product, without good production from those three key young core player they offencive group is very small so they put a lot expections to those three player. Harrington is probably only who have hard time to take spot from those four talent. That Toronto can go to playoffs they have to get 1-2 new defender, they maybe get those if they trade Phaneuf and Reimer, in AHL is Gibson (G) who is ready to NHL (Gibson traded to NYI), so that can make Reimer trade possible. With Babcock team can surprise and go in playoffs without trades too if Nylander, Kapanen and Marnergive give enough secondary product.

Leo Komarov

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=76

No, Vasilevskiy will not take #1 spot from Bishop. And he is hurt until at least November.

Yeah true, didnt remember update his injury (i made these news in august :P) But still i think he will be future starter in TBL or some other team.

Btw what you liked my prediction about your teams PHI and SJ?

Edited by von Rantala

The hockey news most underrated and overrated players,

I put Dekeysar and Lehterä on they own teams most underrated players, as THN too, but i put Girardi most underrated player of Rangers put they put it him in most overrated list. Whole list in here http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/top-5-underrated-and-overrated-players-of-2014-15/

Looking forward to another year, how about everyone else. Sorry I've been so busy with my side jobs, all these guys wait all year then have to get shit done now. That's going to cost them though. Pre-season has been great so far and the 3-3 OT is a very fast paced. It should speed up the outcome of OT, one wrong decision and you can and will be scored on.

Vancouver

GM: Jim Benning

Coach: Willie Desjardins

Captain: Henrik Sedin

Daniel Sedin – Henrik Sedin – Radim Vrbata

Dan Hamhuis – Alexander Edler

Ryan Miller

Most underrated player: Radim Vrbata

Most overrated player: Ryan Miller

1. Jake Virtanen (RW)

2. Thatcher Demko (G)

3. Jacob Markström (G)

Ratings:

Goalies: 7,5

Forwards: 7

Staff: 6 (Coach 3, GM 3)

Overal Rating: 27,5/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Ryan Miller 50-40, Jacob Markström 40-30

Biggest Question marks:

Biggest question mark is can Markström finally make his breakthrough in NHL, in his situations it has shown how hard it is to break in the NHL, he has been dominating in AHL last 4 year, but always failed in NHL when teams has offer chances, he got very good chance in Florida and couple game in Vancouver too in this past two season, i think Florida era in NHL was just too early to him, and now big question mark is can he take NHL spot and can he take starter job in NHL too, Miller is in my overrated goalie who played one good season and win Vezina when rest of his season has been avarage seasons and Markströms has all the opportunitys to overtake Miller in goal and take starter job as Läck did last year. Team defence lines are too thin after Bieksa trade and team is too much one team line in forward too, so they miss playoffs if they dont make trades in those two area. Miller has some trade value what can be used in some of time season if Markström play his breakthrough season.

No

Roster: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=77