NHL Season 2015-2016

von Rantala

Dallas

Members: -

GM: Jim Nill

Coach: Lindy Ruff

Captain: Jamie Benn

Fantasy Line: (Best from every spots in team)

Jamie Benn – Tyler Seguin – Jason Spezza

John Klingberg – Johnny Oduya

Kari Lehtonen

Most underrated player: Jason Spezza

Most overrated player: Alex Goligoski

Best Young players: (less than 100 NHL game or no breakthrough season)

1. Esa Linden (D)

2. Julius Honka (D)

3. Jason Dickinson (LW)

Ratings:

Goalies: 8,5

Defenders: 7,5

Forwards: 8,5

Staff: 7 (Coach 4, GM 3)

Overal Rating: 31,5/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Kari Lehtonen 50-40, Antti Niemi 30-40

Playoff prediction: Lose in first round

Biggest Question marks:

Team has one of best young defender collection if not best, that affect my defence rating, and thats is biggest question mark also, i think its take 2-3 year that current defence group can get rating 9-10 what will give them chance to compete to Stanley, second question mark is how team third line and fourth line product, they have very good top 4 forwards, what can compete almost any team of NHL, but after those top 4 forward, dropp is big and there is not big talents in that spot excluding Valeri Nichuskin who can define Dallas this season offencive production alot. Goalie situation can help them a lot, sometimes using two goalie in season help team to go long when goalies is well rested when playoffs started, and goalies push each others to play better. If Dallas make good success with two playing goalie they can be example to others and if its really work we can see two playing goalie in almost every team in the future. But its not sure that its work. There has been situations where it has work like Winnipeg last season, Hutchinson push Pavelec to play his best season, Rask push Thomas to two Vezina, but if you have to expensive goalie and its not work it mean that you lose that money from defence and offence.

My Fantasy players: (who is in my fantasy team)

Jason Demers

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=59

Explanations = F|A members teams von Rantala = Minnesota Wild, D..X, L3fty and Pepsi = Toronto Maple Leafs, Sl@yer = Calgary GermanKilla = Colorado, Cicione = Chicago ©, LA Kings Fan = Los Angeles, Mathieu and RefL3x:> = Montreal, Yomero, Jaymee = Pittsburgh,  Meow and Rattlem = San Jose, Meow = Philadelphia NHL leading team (L)

i think Spezza might flourish in Dallas. he won't have the pressure on him like he did in Ottawa. look for him to possibly have a break out season.

Totally agree with you! He is one of most underrated players in his time of NHL, he never got apprecation what he earned, solid two way center, leader and good team player, great point man too (scorer) It will not be surprise if he make 90 points in this season or even more!

Montreal will name Captain for the coming season http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=778637&navid=nhl:topheadsand move Galchenyuk to center as he should be, i wait that Galchenyuk will be point per game player in future and he can be that kind player in next year already, somehow i feel that there is coming samekind breakthrough season like we see from Tarasenko last year.

If i would be GM of Montreal here would be my captains

Captain

Andrei Markov (Markov has reject to take captain spot two time already, and might be that Montreal looking longer time captain now, Markov didnt want to take role what he saw that Koivu had when he was Captain and that has been his reason to decline Captain duty two time already, Montreal fans can give a lot shit to captain when team not play well)

Alternative Captains

Carey Price (i know he cant wear A in jersey what is sad, goalies should be allowed to use C or A as soccer goalies too)

Tomas Plekanec

P.K. Subban

Max Pacioretty

Detroit

GM: Ken Holland

Coach: Jeff Blashill

Captain: Henrik Zetterberg

Henrik Zetterberg – Pavel Datsyuk – Gustav Nyquist

Niklas Kronwall – Danny DeKeyser

Petr Mrazek

Most underrated player: Danny DeKeyser

Most overrated player: Justin Abdelkader

1. Teemu Pulkkinen (RW)

2. Anthony Mantha (RW)

3. Dylan Larkin ©

Ratings:

Goalies: 7,5

Defenders: 8

Forwards: 8

Staff: 7 (Coach 2,5, GM 4,5)

Overal Rating: 30,5/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Petr Mrazek 50-40, Jimmy Howard 30-40

Biggest Question marks:

Blashill is talent and good coach and i think team can continue they playoffs streak with him, if they get solid and good goalie game, Mrazek will get chance to take number one spot when he was playing with Blashill in AHL too, so Blashill is more confortable to give him shot, team added couple veteran player from Free agent market what can help with run to playoffs. Pulkkinen can play breakthrough season, he scored over 30 goal in AHL two consecutive seasons (34 goal and 61 points in 46 game last season) and if he do that it, it can be key for Detroit suggess, it will help that Blashill know Pulkkinen well and many of other AHL players of team.

No

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=60

Edmonton

GM: Peter Chiarelli

Coach: Todd McLellan

Captain: Andrew Ference

Taylor Hall – Connor McDavid – Jordan Eberle

Justin Schultz – Andrej Sekera

Cam Talbot

Most underrated player: Anton Lander

Most overrated player: Justin Schultz

1. Connor McDavid ©

2. Leon Draisatl ©

3. Darnell Nurse (D)

Ratings:

Goalies: 6

Defenders: 6

Staff: 9 (Coach 4,5, GM 4,5)

Overal Rating: 29/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Cam Talbot 40-30, Ben Scrivens 20-10, Anders Nilsson 20-10

Playoff prediction: Just Miss playoffs, but wont be surprised if they get in to playoffs.

Biggest Question marks:

For last 4-5 year Edmonton has been full of big question marks, they fixed two when they finally take solid and experience coach and great GM. Now biggest question mark is goalies, i was surprised that they didnt try fix that problem, Talbot is not answer in my mind, he is talent goalie, who played behind one of best defence group first two season of his career, but AHL stats was more avarage than good, defence group is huge question mark too, there is young talent players who can help team in future, but now its too earlie, they need offencive defender also, they wait that Schultz will be that, but its question mark can he be offencive threat, its will be intersting to see what Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl can do for team, Nugent-Hopkins could be third center if they decided put Draisatil in center. Forwards can get rating of 10 after this season and they might trade some of they offencive talents to get solid defender or goalie to group. But if they can reply all to those questions they can be playoff team, if not, it is one year more waiting before we see Edmonton blooming

No

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=61

Florida

GM: Dale Tallon

Coach: Gerard Gallant

Captain: Willie Mitchell

Jonathan Huberdeau – Aleksander Barkov – Nick Bjugstad

Aaron Ekblad – Brian Campbell

Roberto Luongo

Most underrated player: Jussi Jokinen

Most overrated player: Dave Bolland

1. Mike Matheson (D)

2. Rocco Grimaldi ©

3. Ian McCoshen (D)

Ratings:

Goalies: 8,5

Defenders: 7,5

Forwards: 7,5

Staff: 6,5 (Coach 2, GM 4,5)

Overal Rating: 30/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Roberto Luongo 70-60, Al Montoya 20-10

Biggest Question marks:

In my mind biggest question mark is Florida coach, can he lead team to playoffs, all other parts are ready to playoff run in my mind, Galland was little bit more than year coach in Columbus before Ken Hitckock came and replace him. Second question mark is can Aleksander Barkov who can be point per game player, can he take that next step, and how much can Jagr product is interesting to see too. Defence group is ok, but need one good defender in third line.

Jussi Jokinen

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=62

Los Angeles

Members: LA Kings Fan

GM: Dean Lombardi

Coach: Darryl Sutter

Captain: Dustin Brown

Jeff Carter – Anze Kopitar – Marian Gaborik

Drew Doughty – Jake Muzzin

Jonathan Quick

Most underrated player: Alec Martinez

Most overrated player: Dustin Brown

1. Adrian Kempe (RW)

2. Jordan Weal ©

3. Colin Miller (D)

Ratings:

Goalies: 9

Defenders: 8

Staff: 9,5 (Coach 4,5 GM 5)

Overal Rating: 34,5/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Jonathan Quick 70-60, Jhonas Enroth 20-10

Biggest Question marks:

Kings put last season reason dropping of playoff that they played so much, even that Hawks played more than them and hawks won Stanley and LAK did miss playoffs, but in this season Kings go playoffs again, question mark is how they can get more production from third line, third line production has been big Achilles heel (weak point) to team in regular season and it was big reason why team didnt get playoff spot in last year, key losts from defenders group from Stanley years is biggest reason why they was outside of playoffs in last season and they biggest question mark, they havent find players who could take spot of Regehr, Mitchell, Scuder or Voyonov, that best defence group of NHL was reason why Kings won two Stanley cup and now when they has lost half of that defence group they have to find replacements or they dropp in first round or dont go playoffs at all when they playing style is so defencive they are very dependent of good defenders and goalie game.

No

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?year0=2016&team=79

Edited by von Rantala

What i forgot add team of day couple time already, okey today come two and tomorrow two also.

Minnesota

Members: von Rantala

GM: Chuck Fletcher

Coach: Mike Yeo

Captain: Mikko Koivu

Zach Parise – Mikko Koivu – Mikael Granlund

Jonas Brodin – Marco Scandella

Devan Dubnyk

Most underrated player: Marco Scandella

Most overrated player: Ryan Suter

1. Matt Dumba (D)

2. Morgan Reilly (D)

3. Tyler Graovac ©

Ratings:

Defenders: 9

Forwards: 9

Staff: 7,5 (Coach 3, GM 4,5)

Overal Rating: 34,5/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Devan Dubnyk 70-60, Niklas Bäckström 20-10

Playoff prediction: Will Win Stanley Cup

Biggest Question marks:

Coach Yeo is Wild biggest question mark, Yeo every year keep doing same mistakes, and i hope he finally learned to not overplay number one goalie, 2012-2013 he overplayed Bäckström who injured before first playoff game, 2013-2014 he overplayed Kuemper, who injured in first round, and last year he overplayed Dubnyk 39 start from last 40 game and in second round Dubnyk was tired and gave couple easy goal, second question mark is, can Yeo finally share ice team to defenders more equally, we have 8 solid defender now and he should not overplay Suter anymore, in last three season Suter has played over 30 min per night and third pair only 8 min per night, thats not enought to young defenders or not good to team atmosphere. So if Yeo learned to fix those we can win Cup, Zucker progress is key too, he can be 30-50 goal scorer 60-80 pointer in future, and its interesting to see how much he can product in this year, Niederreiter can be one of best powerforwards in future and we have one of best young defenders group, all of our young defenders can take next step and Brodin is already one of best defencive defenders and Scandella can be one of best two way defenders in next year.

Mikko Koivu

Zach Parise

Mikael Granlund

Jason Zucker

Nino Niederreiter

Erik Haula

Ryan Carter

Marco Scandella

Jonas Brodin

Matt Dumba

Devan Dubnyk

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=63

Montreal

Members: Mathieu and Refl3x:>

GM: Marc Bergevin

Coach: Michel Therrien

Captain: - (will name it before season opener)

Max Pacioretty – Alex Galchenyuk – Brendan Gallagher

P.K. Subban – Andrei Markov

Carey Price

Most underrated player: Tomas Plekanec

Most overrated player: Jeff Petry

1. Jared Tinordi (D)

2. Nikita Shtsherbak (RW)

3. Sven Andrighetto (RW)

Ratings:

Goalies: 10

Defenders: 8,5

Staff: 7 (Coach 4, GM 3)

Overal Rating: 33,5/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Carey Price 70-60, Dustin Tokarski 20-10

Biggest Question marks:

Can Montreal make enough goals to support Price, they play well in defencive way and try to suggess with same style as Kings, but they need more support from forwards to make long playoff run, they added couple player who career is going down, but both are also players who can bounce back, so if forwards additions bounce back to 40-50 point range and 20-30 goal range they will get big boost from them, Galchenyuk can take step to point per player status too.

No

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=64

Nashville

GM: David Poile

Coach: Peter Laviolette

Captain: Shea Weber

Filip Forsberg – Mike Ribeiro – James Neal

Roman Jose – Shea Weber

Pekka Rinne

Most underrated player: Roman Josi

Most overrated player: Colin Wilson

1. Juuse Saros (G)

2. Kevin Fiala (LW)

3. Kristian Näkyvä (D)

Ratings:

Goalies: 9,5

Defenders: 9

Forwards: 7

Staff: 8,5 (Coach 4,5, GM 4)

Overal Rating: 34/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Pekka Rinne 70-60, Carter Hutton 10-5, Juuse Saros 10-5

Biggest Question marks:

I have to say that Juuse Saros is most talented goalie what i has ever seen, i mean not best, but he could be best goalie in couple years, i never see so good young goalie in my life, and i watch goalies a lot, he could take Rinne starter job in 2-3 years, Rinne game style is very prone to injuries, and that can open door to Saros (in futre). So goalie situation is very interesting to follow in coming years, ofc Rinne is now clear cut number one goalie, but maybe not in future. Nashville has very talent forward Fiala too, who can win coming season Calder trophy, but Nahsville forward group is very thin and that can cause them problems in long run as it did last season too and they lose couple forward also.

Juuse Saros (G) (prospect not in active roster)

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=65

New Jersey

GM: Ray Shero

Coach: John Hynes

Captain: -

Mike Cammalleri – Adam Henrique – Patrik Elias

Andy Greene – Damon Severson

Cory Schneider

Most underrated player: Patrik Elias

Most overrated player: Travis Zajac

1. Pavel Zacha (C/LW)

2. Steve Santini (D)

3. Sergei Kalinin (C/W)

Ratings:

Defenders: 5

Forwards: 6,5

Staff: 6 (Coach 1,5, GM 4,5)

Overal Rating: 26,5/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Cory Schneider 70-60, Keith Kinkaid 20-10

Playoff prediction: Miss playoffs

Biggest Question marks:

New Jersey prospect storage is in my view league worst, and its sad, because New Jersey current team is weak too and they would need good prospect to rise to playoffs in future, in my mind New Jersey need totally new re-build. New Jersey dont use a lot money either so its very hard to build team what could have playoff suggest, new GM Shero have a lot to do to get team back to playoffs, first they need to draft a lot better players than they do now, even that they has drafted in top 10 in couple past years, they havent got any big talents. Defence group is very young and inexperienced and from there they could raise couple key players, Larson they big draft first rounder havent be player what they waited, but for defenders its always take couple extra year, so is this his breakthrough season?

Tuomo Ruutu

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=66

What you think about trade of E. Staal from Carolina to Wild for J.Spurgeon, C. Coyle and first round pic, then we could open space for his salary, i started hope that we take Staal, he havent been my fav player, but i hear more and more talks that Carolina is ready to trade him. Then our two first line would be one of bests in NHL and make us real Stanley condetor. Two first line could be then look like this

Vanek - E. Staal - Parise

Pomminville - Koivu - Granlund

Edited by von Rantala

8 millions on the cap is alot. Maybe at the trade deadline when you don't have to pay for the full salary if you're in a position to go for the cup. I don't think MIN could afford to resign him.

8 millions on the cap is alot. Maybe at the trade deadline when you don't have to pay for the full salary if you're in a position to go for the cup. I don't think MIN could afford to resign him.

Yep but in these days old team can still keep some of salary to themselves, as Boston keep about 2 milj of Lucic salary after trade to LAK. Plus there is risk too that he is going down in his career. Lately Wild have signed/traded players who has gone down couple year already, like Havlat, Heatley and Vanek (from Vanek we still can see bounceback season) but is Staal player too who is going down in his career, thats is still question mark.