NHL Season 2015-2016

von Rantala

So its less than month before off-season start and little bit more than month that regular season start, it will be long month, but maybe my NHL early season predictions help you to go throught long month of september, in Europe hockey season already started, i was planned to watch Champions hockey league, but it was too expensive to buy only to see couple of own team game.

Here come first team prediction.

Anaheim

Members: -

GM: Bob Murray

Coach: Bruce Boudreau

Captain: Ryan Getzlaf

Fantasy Line: (Best from every spots in team)

Ryan Kesler – Ryan Getzlaf – Corey Perry

Sami Vatanen – Hampus Lidholm

John Gibson

Most underrated player: Sami Vatanen

Most overrated player: Ryan Kesler

Best Young players: (less than 100 NHL game or no breakthrough season)

1. John Gibson (G)

2. Shea Theodore (D)

3. Jiri Sekac (LW)

Ratings:

Goalies: 8

Defenders: 8,5

Forwards: 8,5

Staff: 9 (coach 4,5 GM 4,5)

Overal Rating: 34/50

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Gibson 50-40, Andersen 40-30

Playoff prediction: Lose in second round

Biggest Question marks:

Team biggest question mark is how they handle key injuries if those come, they dont have players who can take Perry or Getzlaf spot if they got injury. Team has interesting situation in goal also, Gibson is one of most talented USA born goalies for several year and he could take started job in this year. Anaheim defence group is young and very talent, players like Vatanen and Lindholm can win Norris in someday, and its interesting to follow can they progress in this season too.

My Fantasy players: (who is in my fantasy team)

Sami Vatanen (D)

Roster: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=1580

If you have any questions feel free to ask, all feedback is appreciated :)

Edited by von Rantala

I think Andersen will still be #1 unless he really really sucks. And Khudobin will be #2. Gibson will be playing in the minors

• Like 1

I think Andersen will still be #1 unless he really really sucks. And Khudobin will be #2. Gibson will be playing in the minors

Yeah i could put him to Underrated players too for sure, his stats in winning is awesome, his winning % is best in NHL i think. I just see so much talent in Gibson that i had to put him in starter job, i didnt put him because Andersen is bad, he is great goalie, and maybe goalie who i underate most, if im correct i put Gibson in starter job last year too :P Let see, i love to follow goalies and there is just so many very good talent in that spot atm, Gibson (ANA), Vasilievsky (TB), Saros (NSH) and Murray (PIT)

Silfverberg will have a breakout season. Book it.

Yeah thats more than possible, they need that too, because they are very light in wingers, they dont have star wingers after Perry so Silfverberg is big key to ANA suggest in coming season

BTW i love your feedback, i feel that someone read my predictions when i get feedback :)

Edited by von Rantala

Arizona

GM: Don Maloney

Coach: Dave Tippett

Captain: Shane Doan

Mikkel Bodker – Martin Hanzal – Shane Doan

Oliver Ekman Larson – Zbynek Michalek

Mike Smith

Most underrated player: Martin Hanzal

Most overrated player: Mike Smith

1. Maxi Domi ©

2. Anthony Duclar (LW)

3. Dylan Strome ©

Ratings:

Goalies: 4,5

Defenders: 5,5

Forwards: 5,5

Staff: 8 (coach 4, GM 4)

Overal Rating: 23,5/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Smith 50-60, Lindback 30-20

Playoff prediction: Miss playoffs

Biggest Question marks:

Arizona has three very talent forward, if those play good and solid regular season Arizona can get 7 rating to forwards, but its still not enought to be playoff team, so if those young players play good season Arizona can avoid last place of NHL. For the playoffs they have to make they defence group better, they biggest barrier is that team dont get enough money to make good team, team GM and Coach is one of bests in NHL and even that team was in bottom of NHL last season they made right when they didnt change GM or coach. Smith have to play better season, but Smith is in my mind overrated goalie, he had one good season, but rest has been average or under avarage, let see if he can play bounce back season.

No

Roster: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=72

Explanations = F|A members teams von Rantala = Minnesota Wild, D..X, L3fty and Pepsi = Toronto Maple Leafs, Sl@yer = Calgary GermanKilla = Colorado, Cicione = Chicago ©, LA Kings Fan = Los Angeles, Mathieu and RefL3x:> = Montreal, Yomero, Jaymee = Pittsburgh,  Meow and Rattlem = San Jose, Meow = Philadelphia NHL leading team (L)

Edited by von Rantala

There is 5 team who want to take Kane if Chicago want to trade him, i dont know which teams want him atm, but if Kane found guilty, his NHL career can end. Let see, if this is just hoax or what is going, do Chicago want keep Kane who is suspect in raping. In Finland we has got very less news on his situation, NHL is only site (with Wild homesite) where i read hockey news in English, so do you have any news for me?

Edited by von Rantala

Let see, i love to follow goalies and there is just so many very good talent in that spot atm, Gibson (ANA), Vasilievsky (TB), Saros (NSH) and Murray (PIT)

I forgot add Hellebuyck too in talent list who are close to NHL spot.

BTW look like we are really getting new teams to NHL in couple years, i think its very good opportunity to many teams to dump those big salary guys, mean they not reserve they big salary guys and new teams will take those in expansion draft, so i think its more equal than expansion drafts.

Boston

GM: Don Sweeney

Coach: Claude Julien

Captain: Zdeno Chara

Brad Marchand – Patrice Bergeron – David Krejci

Torey Krug – Zdeno Chara

Tuukka Rask

Most underrated player: Torey Krug

Most overrated player: Matt Beleskey

1. Malcolm Subban (G)

2. Aleksandr Hohlatshev ©

3. Jakub Zboril (D)

Ratings:

Goalies: 10

Defenders: 6

Forwards: 7,5

Staff: 6 (Coach 5, GM 1)

Overal Rating: 29,5/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Tuukka Rask 70-60, Malcolm Subban 20-10

Playoff prediction: Miss Playoffs

Biggest Question marks:

There is a lot question marks with Boston, who will be back up goalie for Rask, how they several young players can product and how now very thin defence group can stop other teams, they division is hard so they need big step from young players that team could play in playoffs. They got three consecutive draft pick in last draft, but those players are probably ready in NHL in 2017-2018 ->, they push panick button too early and it can take couple year before they are back to playoffs, Coach is one of best in NHL and can make miracles, and to coach suggest they but all expectations.

No

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=52

Edited by von Rantala

I've read somewhere that Chicago has NOT asked Kane to remove his no-trade clause.

And also Boston might sign Ray Emery as backup goalie. But I guess they'll wait to see how Subban is doing in camp.

• Like 1

I've read somewhere that Chicago has NOT asked Kane to remove his no-trade clause.

And also Boston might sign Ray Emery as backup goalie. But I guess they'll wait to see how Subban is doing in camp.

Thanks for updated, both news was new to me. i think there is better choises than Emery for Boston goal, maybe Scrievens (EDM) is available or Khudobin (CAR) for draft pick.

Buffalo

GM: Tim Murray

Coach: Dan Bylsma

Captain: Brian Gionta

Evander Kane – Ryan O'Reilly – Jack Eichel

Rasmus Ristolainen – Josh Gorges

Robin Lehner

Most underrated player: Tyler Ennis

Most overrated player: Robin Lehner

1. Jack Eichel ©

2. Sam Reinhart ©

3. Jake McCabe (D)

Ratings:

Goalies: 4

Defenders: 5

Staff: 7,5 (Coach 4,5, GM 3)

Overal Rating: 24/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Robin Lehner 40-30, Chad Johnson 30-20, Possible Goalie trade 20-10

Biggest Question marks:

There is a lot question marks with Buffalo, they goalie situation is big question mark, they goalie duo in my mind is NHL weakest and they possible search trade in middle of season or before season start, they put a lot trust on Lehner, but in my mind Lehner is not number 1 caliber for the NHL, at least not atm, but he is still very young, but biggest question mark is how those two super talented forward Reinhart and Eichel play, they are two player who can turn this team direction in future, they got Kane and O'Reilly So they get two solid offencive line. Look like Buffalo use same style to re-build they team, than Edmonton, first they stack offence, but not sign solid defenders or goalies.

No

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=53

Edited by von Rantala

Thanks for updated, both news was new to me. i think there is better choises than Emery for Boston goal, maybe Scrievens (EDM) is available or Khudobin (CAR) for draft pick.

Khudobin is in Anaheim :P

• Like 1

LoL almost forget post team of day, i had so busy day and tomorrow sister boy 1 year birthday party and F1 race, lets see if i am able to send team tomorrow!

Calgary

Members: Sl@yer

GM: Brad Treliving

Coach: Bob Hartley

Captain: Mark Giordano

Johnny Gaudreau – Sean Monahan – Jiri Hudler

Mark Giordano – Dennis Wideman

Karri Rämö

Most underrated player: Dennis Wideman

Most overrated player: Mikael Backlund

1. Sam Bennett ©

2. Joni Ortio (G)

3. Jon Gillies (G)

Ratings:

Goalies: 8

Defenders: 10

Staff: 7 (Coach 4, GM 3)

Overal Rating: 32,5/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Karri Rämö 60-50, Jonas Hiller 30-20

Playoff prediction: Lose in Coference Finals

Biggest Question marks:

Many will not agree with me when i predict that Calgary go to Conference finals, but they have chance to go there when they own best defence group of NHL. Biggest question mark is, can those young players keep they production at least same as last year. Bennet will give add too in group and there is still couple young players who can even get better production and take that next step and made team even more dangerous. In goal its Rämös breakthrough season.

Karri Rämö (G)

Roster: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=54

• Like 1

Carolina

GM: Ron Francis

Coach: Bill Peters

Captain: Eric Staal

Jeff Skinner – Eric Staal – Elias Lindholm

Justin Falk – James Wisniewski

Eddie Läck

Most underrated player: James Wisniewski

Most overrated player: Jordan Staal

1. Noah Hanifin (D)

2. Haydn Fleury (D)

3. Ryan Murphy (D)

Ratings:

Goalies: 6,5

Defenders: 6

Forwards: 6

Staff: 3,5 (Coach 2, GM 1,5)

Overal Rating: 22/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Eddie Läck 50-40, Cam Ward 40-30

Biggest Question marks:

I think Carolina would be last team of standings, they has been semi re-build for several years, but havent done that, but from drafts they has build very talent defencive group, biggest question mark is can Läck play great season and help team to avoid last place of NHL.

No

Roster: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=55

Chicago

Members: Cicione

GM: Stan Bowman

Coach: Joel Quenneville

Captain: Jonathan Toews

Marian Hossa – Jonathan Toews – Patrick Kane

Brent Seabrook – Duncan Keith

Corey Crawford

Most underrated player: Marian Hossa

Most overrated player: Bryan Bickell

1. Teuvo Teräväinen ©

2. Artemi Panarin (LW)

3. Ville Pokka (D)

Ratings:

Goalies: 9

Defenders: 8,5

Forwards: 9

Staff: 10 (coach 5, GM 5)

Overal Rating: 36,5/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Corey Crawford 60-50, Scott Darling 30-20

Playoff prediction: Lose in Second round

Biggest Question marks:

Chicago biggest question mark is how those new forwards handle move from KHL to NHL, and how Teräväinen and couple young players from defence and forwards product in coming season, in couple last season Chicago havent been so much dependent on young players production, but after minor re-build because Toews and Kane new contract they are now dependent on those young players progress. Can Kane play in this season is question mark too.

No

Roster: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=56

Colorado

Members: GermanKilla

GM: Joe Sakic

Coach: Patrick Roy

Captain: Gabriel Landeskog

Nathan MacKinnon – Matt Duchene – Gabriel Landeskog

Tyson Barrie – Francois Beauchemin

Semyon Varlamov

Most underrated player: Francois Beauchemin

Most overrated player: Erik Johnson

1. Calvin Picard (G)

2. Mikko Rantanen (RW)

3. Chris Bigras (D)

Ratings:

Goalies: 9

Defenders: 7,5

Forwards: 8

Staff: 6,5 (Coach 3,5, GM 3)

Overal Rating: 31/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Semyon Varlamov 70-60, Calvin Picard 20-10

Playoff prediction: Just miss playoffs

Biggest Question marks:

After add of Beauchemin, Colorados defencive group is still team biggest guestion mark, now team has very good first pair, but team second pair and third pair is still too weak, how well Varlamov can play in goal and how those young players in forward group can product is question mark too, MacKinnon, Duchene and Landeskog is Avalance key player in front, its very close call with this time and Defencive group decide if they go playoffs or not.

Francois Beauchemin (D)

Roster: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=57

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

Btw Vasilievsky (TBL) will lose next 2-3 month, in my prediction he was starter of playoff, let see if i have to change it. But look like TBL is searching new backup goalie.

Columbus

GM: Jarmo Kekäläinen

Coach: Todd Richards

Captain: Nick Foligno

Scott Hartnell – Ryan Johansen – Brandon Saad

Jack Johnson – Fyodor Tyutin

Sergei Bobrovsky

Most underrated player: Fyodor Tyutin

Most overrated player: Nick Foligno

1. Ryan Murray (D)

2. Oliver Bjorkstrand (RW)

3. Sonny Milano ©

Ratings:

Goalies: 8,5

Defenders: 6,5

Forwards: 8

Staff: 7 (Coach 3, GM 4)

Overal Rating: 30/40

Goalies and how much they play Prediction: Sergei Bobrovsky 70-60, Curtis McElhinney 20-10

Playoff prediction: Lose in first round

Biggest Question marks:

Columbus defence group is full of young players who are not so well known yet. Just named new captain Foligno is question mark too, he never played over 50 point season before and GM gave him righway big contract what can be hard to move if Foligno not play as well as he played last year. Saad is question mark too, he got big contract also and only played couple season in NHL in one of best offenicive groups. Kekäläinen is in my mind, best GM in are of how he know young players, he drafted several star players to league (in St. Louis Blues and now Columbus) and if he is right with Foligno and Saad and with young defence group and if those young players (from defence and forwards) can take next step, team can be future Stanley contender.

Scott Hartnell (LW)

Roster http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=58