new laptop for everything *mostly for gaming*

ancientmule

Bought this laptop

Laptop Lenovo Y5070 Intel Core i7 4710HQ 2.5 GHz, RAM 12GB, HDD 1TB+8GB,Video 2GB GTX, DVD, 15.6"FullHD, Win 8.1

quite happy with my first laptop *srsly, its my first laptop i bought with my own money*

it was time.

I have, this laptop

Keyboard> Logitech g105

Headset: Logitech g430

Mouse: deathadder razer

pad: razer goliathus pad

Marca Lenovo Modelo Lenovo Y50 70

Procesador Intel Core i7 4710HQ 2.5GHz (3.5GHz c/TB) Cuarta generación

Memoria RAM 16 GB DDR3

Disco Duro 1 TB 5400 RPM + 8GB

SSD Pantalla LED 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080)

Unidad óptica DVD+RW Externo

Tarjeta de video Geforce GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5 Conectividad

• Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2
  • Ethernet 10/100/1000
  • Bluetooth 4.0

Multimedia

• Cámara web integrada
  • Entrada para auriculares estéreo/micrófono
  • Altavoces

Puertos y Ranuras

• HDMI
  • USB 3.0
  • Network (RJ-45)
  • Audio in/out

S.O. Windows 8.1 en español Batería 4 celdas - ion de litio Peso 2.4 Kg Adicionales y/o Condición No

post-7447-0-36767500-1440984904_thumb.jpg

post-7447-0-40893600-1440984909_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice dude. Should be able to play everything at a decent fps with those specs. While I enjoy a good desktop, I always favor the laptop overall. Portable is very handy.

• Like 1

I am looking into buying a gaming laptop aswell at some point

Dont, waste of money, they re compeltely overpriced for its performance, u won't even achive that good "gaming" experience if u wont reach deep into your pockets, rather set up a proper desktop PC with a custum build case that will be inteded for gaming, than be wasting up to 1.500e for a semi decent gaming laptop.

• Like 1

They're not a waste of f***ing money.

So tired of old ass misconceptions still being used these days.

This isn't the 90's. This isn't the early 2000's. Gaming, especially in laptops, has come a long way.

Are desktops better in performance? Of course. But they are not the end all in pc gaming. You do realize that some people like to have mobility right?

My last rig was a piece of shit with a 420M and I could still play most new 2013/2014 games with med-high settings and still get a descent framerate.

The new rig I'm using is awesome and I can play most games on ultra with 60 fps. And the bonus? i can take it anywhere the f*** I want and play games on the go. Was amusing sitting in the airport, watching people watch me play GTA V with high-ultra settings.

You get what you can use for your needs. If you're the type on the move or hate sitting at a desk 24-7 then I recommend a gaming laptop. If it's not an issue and you prefer the ability to upgrade and have a stationary setup, go desktop.

Enough with this stupid outdated 'Gaming laptops suck' bullshit.

Edit: And just to add on a point: many new laptops these days especially brands like MSI...

You can upgrade Video cardsand ram without issue. ;)  Welcome to 2015's gaming laptops.

• Like 2

Dont, waste of money, they re compeltely overpriced for its performance, u won't even achive that good "gaming" experience if u wont reach deep into your pockets, rather set up a proper desktop PC with a custum build case that will be inteded for gaming, than be wasting up to 1.500e for a semi decent gaming laptop.

since i agree with you on this, no stuff will be able to have the same power as a nice desktop, if you dont buy the best of best laptop gaming.. 

ive been using my laptop for playing et since 2009 till 2013, then i went to have another laptop, that are manly for work and studies.. its a treat for myself, and if you are used to play with laptop or planning to move around, its a nice thing to have, thats why i bought it.

since i agree with you on this, no stuff will be able to have the same power as a nice desktop, if you dont buy the best of best laptop gaming.. 

ive been using my laptop for playing et since 2009 till 2013, then i went to have another laptop, that are manly for work and studies.. its a treat for myself, and if you are used to play with laptop or planning to move around, its a nice thing to have, thats why i bought it.

The thing is, entire hardware part of laptop is still a lot expensier than it is for desktop, as well as with the actual market offer that stores are selling, for desktop u can find nearly everything, while for laptop u can only dream about some of those stuffs as well as the prices on those are just hilarious. Obviously if the money isn't issue the by all means, buy a decent gaming laptop, but don't expect to find anythin fancy below 1k if u really want a proper "gaming" laptop, not some semi decent garbage that will struggle to play any better game that requires that tad more of rig.

Been just couple of weeks back when i talked to one of the PC store guys and said that normally ppl just come and say i want a laptop and completely not explaining for what they actually need it... then they go with the phase of "i wanna play games on it", yeh no shit sherlock, what kind of games and so on... and when he finally explains them about what rig they would need, they get to the point that it would cost them too much comparing to a proper gaming desktop PC.