Anyone Who Care

rain

I do, but you get a lot of crap and got to be careful. Other than that, I've found all kinds of good stuff out there! I went through a 90's PC games phase and found tons of stuff like that. Can be used to download music/movies too, though you never now when big brother is watching you!

Die :twisted:

WOW long time ago now .... since the last time i download with torrent Cos now always using Rapidshare, Megaupload and others upload site ;) ... OHHHHHHH the last thing I remember download it with Torrent was Vista beta :hmm

i use Bit Tyrant along with Mininova. i got 6 drives on my computer so im always downloading and burning. :D its nice to have unlimited space.

I used to use these types of programs to get free stuff. But my older brother worked his way up to GM at a large, independent Record Label in LA. I realized that people that used these programs were ripping off hard working people like my brother, so I stopped using these programs for the most part. I do use them to download free information, like Allen P's ebook on how to tell if people are lying.

Hmm... here is some HYPOTHETICAL advice:

It's best to use a wireless connection rather than your home account. Your home ISP will share info with the govt or the corporate lawyers if they are asked by a court order. You should also use a batch file to create a fresh new IP address each time you use your wireless laptop to access a torrent. Also, do a virus scan on EVERYTHING because most of the free stuff has viruses,especially noCDkeys - look for "bloodhound.exe" to be embedded in these files. McAffee will miss some of these viruses, so you should use Norton Systemworks. "Bloodhound.exe" is Norton's generic term for any Win32 virus it doesn't recognize.

Most of your Internet Service Providers watch for torrent activity and will send you nasty letters if you take up a lot of bandwidth. Torrent activity is also monitored by many governments. It's better to just check out CDs from the library or swap games and iso files with your friends than trusting the torrents.

I had to turn off my internet a while back...and switched to the friends and family network. With my G wireless 10x10x card...I can now pick up an easy dozen unsecured internets from the warmth of my home. AAHH. Its nice to be loved.