Windows 8.1: Minimize ET, English bug

sepulchre

Hello,

when I played ET the last time (5-6 years ago), I was playing on Windows XP (or maybe Vista, I don't remember).

Now I have Windows 8.1 running.

1) My question is, how can I minimize ET on a Windows 8.1 machine? There was an ETminimizer in my days, but it isn't working.

2) My second question is, that everytime I start ET, that somehow my machine installs the English language pack and turns my keyboard to the qwerty keyboard. But I am using a qwertz keyboard. How can I get rid of this bug? It keeps changing the keyboard settings of my Windows. Then I can no longer use those characters like ! " § $ % & / ( ) =...

QWERTZ vs. QWERTY

Edited by sepulchre

• Platinum VIP

1) I  Alt-Tab out of ET (this can't be done when playing fullscreen)

2) -Go to your settings, Language.

-In there you should see languages, where you can add, or remove a language.

-If you click on those wich are already setup there, you should see you have either a Qwerty language and a Qwertz, in there you can remove the one you don't want

• Like 1

1) I play fullscreen...

2) That is not working. It keeps coming back after every restart of ET (when playing ingame)

Actually, the funny thing about it is, that in Windows language settings, that there is no language added when ET is started/played. But in the windows bar at the bottom, in the right corner, you see that the language changed to ENG. So, how to remove it? I must go to language settings, add manually the English keyboard and then remove it, then it is completely gone. But, as I said, it keeps coming back though after every restart of ET (when playing).

Edited by sepulchre

Alt + Enter minimizes ET on windows 7, no idea about 8 / 8.1. Give it a try

Try pressing Alt + Shift at the same time, that usually changes the language ingame.

• Like 1

Alt + Enter minimizes ET on windows 7, no idea about 8 / 8.1. Give it a try

Try pressing Alt + Shift at the same time, that usually changes the language ingame.

Alt + Enter is kind of working. It takes ~5 seconds to make the fullscreen to a windowed screen. Technically it is not minimizing, but it helps to use the windows bar, but it takes long to do it.

Ah, didn't know (or mostly forgot) that Alt+Shift is changing the language. I use both keys all the time, now I know what causes it. Although I still can't solve the language bug, now I can quickly change the language. Thank you. Very helpful.

Alternatively if the feedback above hasn't helped - you might try starting ET Minimalizer in compatibility mode (to say, Win 7) - Right click on ET > Properties > Compatibility.

Thanks. I didn't try that honestly. I would have, if not Aniky's suggestion was not awesome. Thanks.

Download this, works like a charm.

http://jkhub.org/files/file/1133-q3e-minimizer/

Thanks!!! Working perfectly, very nice! I googled for a minimizer but didn't see this one. Thank you.

Edited by sepulchre
  • Like 2

Download this, works like a charm.

http://jkhub.org/files/file/1133-q3e-minimizer/

Well, I don't know why but it doesn't work anymore. :(

I mean it worked when I first installed. The day after not. Then I uninstalled and installed again, and it worked again.

After that again the same thing, not working.

Also tried this one and the ETminimizer both in compatibility mode, not working...

Guess, we can't do much about it, just wanted to give feedback.

Well, I don't know why but it doesn't work anymore. :(

I mean it worked when I first installed. The day after not. Then I uninstalled and installed again, and it worked again.

After that again the same thing, not working.

Also tried this one and the ETminimizer both in compatibility mode, not working...

Guess, we can't do much about it, just wanted to give feedback.

Run as administrator, it should work flawlessly, what OS are u using?

• Like 2