Whats the history or reason behind your player alias/username

Octane

In 2009 I played SA:MP (San Andreas Multiplayer) for the first time and my favorite character was "BigSmoke", So, I chose the nickname bigsmoke and ppl called me "Smoke".

He's BigSmoke if you do not know him

big_smoke_sig_by_forrtydor-d51datp.png

It was my signature 

28b6stg.jpg

I was amazing playing this game (deathmatch mode) but i stopped playing because i got bored.
After years I played it again but I was not the same pro player and my best internet friend told me "Now I am better than you, you are not my 'sensei' Smoke anymore" (something like that xd) ----> He started calling me "Smoug" when other people killed me easily.

He called me "Smoug" 'cause this meme; and I liked the nickname lol

This Meme was famous at that moment

Dolan.png

Edited by Smoug
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used to play a browser based space game called Planetarion where the object was to mine asteroids, build ships, attack other planets and steal their asteroids. No graphics, just text. Basically spreadsheets in space. Are you still there? Ok well you would have your planet and would be put in a solar system with 9 other people. Most organised systems tried to make sure everyone's name was on a theme so everyone else would think we were 1337 (well it was 2001) one round we went for ruler names as ancient warriors and planet names as their kingdoms - so you'd have Alexander (username) of Macedonia (planet name), or Genghis Khan of Mongolia. I was Huayna Capac of Incan Empire. I liked it so I kept it. Even if it does occasionally lead to excitable South Americans trying to converse with me in Spanish!

Was a stupid name tbh so changed it now to something more sensible!

• 2 weeks later...

Well mine is JerseyDevil. Mine comes from what they call a myth or a legend. It's known to be located in the Pine Barrens in New Jersey. With the looks of hooves, a goat head, bat wings, a forked tail that growls and screams.

• Like 1

kelfoutoir mixes several words in French, contraction of words meaning more or less "what a mess".

At my first steps on internet years ago, that's what I thought of virtuality : what a **** mess/jungle.

This nick came to my mind and I use it since then.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

mine is the name of a ex-girl. 

not that she was very special, but when i started ET again after my 7 or 8 years break, she appeared in my cfg and i was too lazy to change XD.

When I was a kid my father was a competitive softball player and we were at fields around the northeast US 7 nights a week from May to September.  He was always called Barnesy and they would just call me Little Barnesy.  When I hit 6'4 at 14 they dropped the little and started calling my Dad Old Barnesy.  :)

• Like 1

The reason behind Bladez was that when I was in high school, I took auto collision as my trade, I got very good at a razor blade with edging paper and taping. It was like fine dining lol. A friend came up and said "wow look at blades with the nice cutting". Since the word razor has a Z I. It and he called me blades. I replaced the S with Z and I just kept the name Bladez. The 24 is just my current age.