Evolve

blackknight8653

It has been awhile since I have posted in forums. I am still active on forums just that I have not much stuff to post due to me being busy. After coming across the post about xFire on their main website as well as on Fearless Assassins Forum, I was wondering besides Steam and Skype which many seems to be moving too now, how about Evolve? It seems to be similar to xFire and hence, may be a suitable alternative. You can read more about evolve here: Learn more about Evolve. You can download evolve here: Download Evolve. Thank you. I hope all of you enjoy your day :)

Note: I hope Redbaird remembers me which he seems not to have haha :)

Edit: If anyone wants to add me: blackknight8653

Edited by blackknight8653
  • Like 5

Seems like a pretty good alternative. You can link your xfire account to it as well(For until xfire actually goes down)

Also you can link steam account with it, however steam needs to be on to do it.

Going to try it out :P

Tried it ingame overlay isn't working for me. Possibly just in silent mod going to try another mod quick.

Edited by Zelly
  • Like 1

Seems like a pretty good alternative. You can link your xfire account to it as well(For until xfire actually goes down)

Tried it ingame overlay isn't working for me. Possibly just in silent mod going to try another mod quick.

Either that or Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is not supported yet. Maybe we can request it to be supported or something. :)

Sorry I cannot edit my previous post so I made a new post.

I have checked and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is supported (Source: https://www.evolvehq.com/games/44). There are many games which are supported. You can find a list of games which are supported here: https://www.evolvehq.com/games/-/browse?support=track

Zelly, I know you play on Hardcore silent server often so I tested it there. It works fine. You can go download the Evolve client > Login to your Evolve account > click on the Evolve icon on the top left hand corner > select Preferences > Under Overlay you should see the Overlay Hotkey. If I am not mistaken, the default hotkey is set to the Windows key. If you click on the Windows key ingame, it will pop out the Evolve ingame menu. You can try changing the Overlay Hotkey if it is not working for you. You can try reporting it as a bug if it is still not working.

Other popular games who many seems to play here in F|A which are supported as well:

Call of Duty

Call of Duty 2

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Black Ops ll

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Call of Duty: United Offensive

Call of Duty: World at War

Source for the above games: https://www.evolvehq.com/games/-/browse?letter=C&page=1&support=track

Counter-Strike

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Counter-Strike: Source

Source for the above games: https://www.evolvehq.com/games/-/browse?letter=C&page=11&support=track and https://www.evolvehq.com/games/-/browse?letter=C&page=12&support=track

There are many more games which are supported but I do not have the time to list them all. I apologise.

• Like 1

• Leader

I found their Wolfenstein ET Page:  https://www.evolvehq.com/games/44  and can find it using their "overlay" search filter.

HaHa, I was typing as BlackKnight was posting.

Edited by RedBaird
late again
  • Like 1

I found their Wolfenstein ET Page:  https://www.evolvehq.com/games/44  and can find it using their "overlay" search filter.

HaHa, I was typing as BlackKnight was posting.

It is ok :) I am sorry for snatching your reply :) Do you remember me now? You can always check your private messages. :P

• Like 1

Yeah I am assuming it is either not working because of the way I start ET (Through a launcher) or just because I am on this shitty OS :P

I had already changed the key, and tried different mods. On silent it actually just crashes the mod giving me the --- crash information --- error most times other times it just shows my desktop cursor. On etpro it just shows my desktop cursor. I even tried ETLegacy client but that didn't work either.

It does work in oblivion though xD.

I already reported bug yesterday, not sure how long it will take for me to get response, for now I disabled the overlay since it actually crashes me when there is a popup.

• Like 1

Yeah I am assuming it is either not working because of the way I start ET (Through a launcher) or just because I am on this shitty OS :PI had already changed the key, and tried different mods. On silent it actually just crashes the mod giving me the --- crash information --- error most times other times it just shows my desktop cursor. On etpro it just shows my desktop cursor. I even tried ETLegacy client but that didn't work either.It does work in oblivion though xD.I already reported bug yesterday, not sure how long it will take for me to get response, for now I disabled the overlay since it actually crashes me when there is a popup.

I was using Windows 7 Professional with ET Starter Pro. My ET Installation is the full package from etkey.org. I did not test it with ETLegacy as usually I use it for testing purposes but if I am not mistaken it actually works fine as a main client to play Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. :P

I hope they will be able to fix your issue soon. :)

• Leader

:offtopic

Do you remember me now? 

How could I forget?  :  http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/1327-restoreet/  Oddly, I remember the program's name better than I do the author's name!   :)

• Like 1

Bumping this.

I installed evolve and so far it looks okay. Recognises ET.

If anyone wants to add me, feel free to: fearlessjoker

• Like 2

added you guys, let me know if you can figure out:

- how to get ingame client to work on ET (for me its makes the whole screen green)

- how to store conversation logs / where are they saved

- how to see what server are friends play on

Edited by Joker