Lag, lag, lag...

Apache de Lagger

A month ago my old computer crashed...it was about 10 years old and had pathetic configuration but it was perfect for ET.
Now I bought new one...8Gb RAM, 3.2 processor, Radeon...I can play new games with no problems...but ET is ET...

...and on this computer it sucks. It keeps lagging no mater what I do. Connection is perfect...
I tried all in-game commands that I found on this forum...nothing...

Could it be...I had different version before, now I have that 2.6 from this site.
It doesnt hurt to mention that in "options" - connection type - it automatically goes "unselected" when I try to make it "modem"...

• Administrators

You should have 2.6b and not 2.6. If you downloaded from here it would be 2.6b and that's what you want. 

When you say lag, do you get less FPS or you warp? 

http://fearless-assassins.com/forum-11/announcement-9-how-to-recognize-your-lag/

• Leader

With an AMD-Radeon graphics card, you may need to do /r_primitives 2 in console.  I had to do that when I updated my drivers.

Credit to whomever first mentioned that on these forums.   :)

Crap...I downloaded few versions...I guess this is the wrong one...

It lags...well, if there is some big action on server I see something like 2 pictures per second...when I am alone on server with bots it lags like fuel dump on really busy day :/

Ill instail the right version and try that primitives thingy too, hope it helps :P

2.6b version is installed now...its better, I can actually play...ping is around 200...but its still too laggy. I wrote maxpackets 100, prrimitivec 2, and rate 250000 commands in console. My connection type still goes form "modem" to "unselected".

• Leader

2.6b version is installed now...its better, I can actually play...ping is around 200...but its still too laggy. I wrote maxpackets 100, prrimitivec 2, and rate 250000 commands in console. My connection type still goes form "modem" to "unselected".

Do you have an extra zero in the "250000"?  It should be about 25000.  The FA server may set it at 34000 when you play, which should be better.

Did you you have in console "prrimitivec 2" or "/r_primitives 2" ?  If you misspell a cvar, ET will just create a cvar by that name, which ET will then do nothing with.   :)

The connection type changing from "modem" to "unselected" is normal if you use a custom rate.  You don't want "modem" which means /rate 5000, for a 56k dialup modem or maybe ISDN.

Don't forget DareDevil's comments:

When you say lag, do you get less FPS or you warp? 

http://fearless-assassins.com/forum-11/announcement-9-how-to-recognize-your-lag/

• Like 1

• Administrators

Keep it auto. It's good. 25000 is low. unselect is fine. 

Do you have an extra zero in the "250000"?  It should be about 25000.  The FA server may set it at 34000 when you play, which should be better.

Did you you have in console "prrimitivec 2" or "/r_primitives 2" ?  If you misspell a cvar, ET will just create a cvar by that name, which ET will then do nothing with.   :)

The connection type changing from "modem" to "unselected" is normal if you use a custom rate.  You don't want "modem" which means /rate 5000, for a 56k dialup modem or maybe ISDN.

Don't forget DareDevil's comments:

Extra zero and a typo :P

It still lags too much...I will try to instail that lagometer. I really dont know what could be the problem :/

• Like 1

Okay, I tested that WinMTR program...here are results:

"------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|     cpe-109-60-62-224.st4.cable.xnet.hr -    0 |   40 |   40 |    0 |    1 |   34 |    0 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider"

I have no idea what this means :P

In the field "Host" you type the address of server to test connection. for example you put the address of F|A Recruiting server: 8.9.4.227:27960 but without the last 5 numbers (port), so type only this: 8.9.4.227 in the field called "Host" and press Enter

Edited by Unknown*

In the field "Host" you type the address of server to test connection. for example you put the address of F|A Recruiting server: 8.9.4.227:27960 but without the last 5 numbers (port), so type only this: 8.9.4.227 in the field called "Host" and press Enter

Ups...Im noob for tehcnical things :P

Here are rezults for that server...I didnt know how long shold I run that program so I stopped it after couple of minutes:

"|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                   No response from host -    0 |  176 |  176 |    5 |    8 |   23 |   16 |

|                              10.10.6.93 -   19 |  101 |   82 |    0 |    9 |   27 |    7 |

|                              10.10.4.21 -   72 |   46 |   13 |    0 |    9 |   12 |    7 |

|                        dh120-38.xnet.hr -   16 |  110 |   93 |    0 |    9 |   22 |    7 |

|                        dh120-37.xnet.hr -   53 |   57 |   27 |    0 |    9 |   15 |   10 |

|                            212.162.29.5 -   42 |   68 |   40 |    0 |   11 |   33 |    9 |

|     ae-3-80.edge6.Frankfurt1.Level3.net -   37 |   73 |   46 |    0 |   61 |   76 |   60 |

|     ae-3-80.edge6.Frankfurt1.Level3.net -   56 |   56 |   25 |    0 |   61 |   71 |   71 |

|    ae-25.r02.frnkge03.de.bb.gin.ntt.net -   78 |   44 |   10 |    0 |   62 |   65 |   63 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |   36 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |   36 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|                               8.9.4.227 -    1 |  173 |  172 |    0 |  164 |  185 |  161 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider"

• Like 1

i actually have problems with lag, but this dont be for my computer, the reason is for the INFINITUM Internet , before this company get me a nice conection but now this suck my ping when i set /set rate 25000 or /cl_maxpackets 100 or 70 this dont change the conecction 

a question,  

i need change of intener or i need a other computer or wtf