Who has skype?

daredevil

Who has skype  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who has skype

• Yes - I have it
    • I don't have it and I don't plan to install it.
    • If all clan members uses it, I will install it.

Using skype, tho it mostly serves as alternative for MSN where i kept my real life buddies and such, as for gaming it was majority of xfire, dunno how Steam will work on it or something else.

On the other side, maybe use this topic to somehow find a program that all would use and could be used instead of xfire, since even at applications its required to have some way of IM program and if mostly dont like Skype due to heavy resource usage then Steam or Raptr for instance?

• Like 1

This is a toggle mute that means you are beign heard unless you push the button that mutes your mic until you release the button after you release it will continue transmission

But the option above it on the other hand is a perma mute which couls be used as push to talk going with this sequence (press the assigned key to unmute -> talk -> press key again to mute mic)

But teamspeak is superior anyway, as Xerni said skype eats a lot of resources and can get buggy

I cant see skype as a valid chatting program for clans

What you can do is when you're in a call, you can actually mute ur mic, so whenever u want to talk press that specific button and it'll unmute it untill you let go. This is how I use skype with my friends

• Leader

I would prefer a text-using IM that keeps a record of the chats, both like xfire did.  

• Like 1

I used old Skype all the time when I played FFXI, and it was great for that. I don't see it being good for ET though, plus new Skype is absolutely horrible.

Not to derail, but has anyone considered Ventrilo? Or has that topic already come and gone?

I used old Skype all the time when I played FFXI, and it was great for that. I don't see it being good for ET though, plus new Skype is absolutely horrible.

Not to derail, but has anyone considered Ventrilo? Or has that topic already come and gone?

They already use TS3.

• Platinum VIP

using skype often enough to commicate with RL friends, wouldnt say skype is a good platform for a gaming community for various reasons.

but assuming we will use it mainly for its chatsystem and not for the calling service its mkay I guess

• Like 1

I never really liked skype I found teamspeak or just calling them a lot easier to chat with the people I wanted.

I haven't used it in probably over a year though.

• 3 months later...