Low FPS/twitching ( problem solved )

Kostaja

Just bought a new graphics card and W:ET started twitching and my FPS was no longer stable. Before there were no twitching and FPS was stable at 125.

Old card: radeon 6950 HD

New card: geforce GTX 960

Running in windows 7. Switching r_primitives from 0 to 2 helped with FPS, they are now stable but I still get some twitching. Every couple of seconds the game 'freezes' for under half a second and messes my gameplay. Any advice?

E:

Problem seems to be solved for now. Followed instructions in some of the topics here ( should have done that before posting ).

Needed to turn of Threaded optimization, Triple buffering, and Vertical sync in NVIDIA 3d options like instructed here: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/71373-fps/

from the description above, I do not think its a in game problem.

so you have nothing changed beside graphics card ?

or new installed Programs ? Antivirus, or programs that comes with  new Graphics Card ?

what about graphics card power settings.  

I think part of the problem was that I was switching from ATI to NVIDIA. Needed to tweak my cfg and some game-specific settings from NVIDIAs settings.

Old card: radeon 6950 HD

New card: geforce GTX 960

Switching r_primitives from 0 to 2 helped with FPS

r_primitives should be set on 0 and not on 2 with nvidia cards.

Post more details about specs and your cfg for example might help.

• Like 1

Problem is solved now, things seem to work with r_primitives 2. I can try with 0 and see if things go back to worse. If you guys want some more details.

E: I'll test this tomorrow. From other topics and Anni's reply it sure seems like r_primitives should be 0. Just out of curiosity I have to do some tests, just don't have the time today.