Timetravel?

Krise

If you had the chance to travel back in time, to any time period. What could you teach them? Would you have anything to offer them, maybe physics? Would you warn them about Hitler, or try to advance them in technology? 

You can only tell them what YOU know, and you can't bring anything with you.

• Like 3

I wouldn't teach them anything.

You could screw up the future as we know it.

So i'll just walk around and see how everything was back then (I'd like to go to the viking times, life was so simple)

• Like 3

I would go back to the 1950s America with some of this tattooed on my legs in code post-5064-0-91521800-1430088229_thumb.jpg ...put money stocks that have done well.become very  wealthy and give to charities and advance ideals of unity..not teach the any technology...it would only be used as a weapon to destroy.

• Like 2

I'd go back and stop the birth of Justin Bieber.

All kidding aside, have you thought that you may have more to learn than to teach?

I'm a month away from being done with my Aeronautical Engineering degree, but what is the use when the materials, manufacturing techniques, robots, etc aren't around. Besides I'd forget half the formulas anyways.

Edited by ajnl
  • Like 2

• Clan Friend

I would go back to the 1950s America with some of this tattooed on my legs in code attachicon.gifalmanac.jpg ...put money stocks that have done well.become very  wealthy and give to charities and advance ideals of unity..not teach the any technology...it would only be used as a weapon to destroy.

back-to-the-future-2-movie-clip-screensh

that would break the spacetime continuum :D

• Like 2

Honestly . . . I would try to learn from them. . . So many great minds (scientists / philosophers) that I would love to talk to that one lifetime would probably not be enough, assuming that despite being able to time travel, I would still be limited to my own life spawn. Hope they would deem me worthy company though :P

• Like 2

• Clan Friend

I wouldn't teach them anything... look at how many things we know today but human kind as a whole doesn't put them into practice...

but I would like to be at some past event, like, watching Jimi Hendrix live at Woodstock, and the like :)

Honestly . . . I would try to learn from them. . . So many great minds (scientists / philosophers) that I would love to talk to

lol this reminds me of an old Italian movie where 2 guys go back in the past by accident, and they also meet Leonardo da Vinci... he can't even get the rules of an Italian cards game lol

(note: not much funny if you don't understand Italian, the rules of that game, and also neapolitan dialect and accent, which is funny by itself)

• Like 2

If I am using a time machine and let's say this time machine takes 10 seconds to send me to the past, I will put a camera recording everything happening and I will set the time machine to send me back 10 seconds in the past without showing it to the camera. This will make me instantly appear as soon as I leave, I will claim that I came back from an epic journey where I saved the world from a big disaster.This will be a huge publicity stunt and will make me insanely rich.

:money:

• Like 1

I'd buy every history book about economics I could, go back in time, rake in the profits, put it in a stable bank, wait a century, then be the richest motherf***er on planet earth.

Or I'd go back in time and inadvertently have sex with my own grandmother in order to save the human race from evil alien brains.

futurama_319_grandma_640x360.jpg?width=6

Edited by melgibson
  • Like 1