Mouse stops responding within user session (Win 7)

Xernicus

It sounds like more of a compatibility/connection issue I would guess. Maybe just try to hard-reset the mouse if you haven't already? Also the more I think about it if its certain programs that cause it do it as well it could be something in that program's hard-folder(root folder). Maybe a virus. I never lost mouse movement on my computer, but I do know when I opened certain programs my computer would become slightly-unresponsive due to third-party programs running in the background.

I've tried turning the mouse's battery, which the equivalent of a hard reset. No dice.

I seriously doubt it's a virus, but something has messed with some core Windows files. As far as I know, when this issue is happening, no API calls are made, which explains the problem, but also just points the finger at Windows in general, which isn't any help.

--------

Add Snipping Tool to the list of affected programs.

Well just for grins, I decided to run another SFC scan, while passing a different option. What I got was a huge ass log with problems dating back to June, and some driver fallacies detected, so I'm slightly hopeful that I can get this fixed after all. Waiting two months for nobody at Bleeping Computer to help me was slightly depressing. I thought those guys knew what they were doing, and could shed some light as to what's going on. Dunno about them now for anything except malware.

So here's the scan results:

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /verifyonly

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found integrity violations. Details are included in

the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

I'm going to reboot in Safe Mode and run SFC with the /scannow option passed to see what gets repaired. Keeping my fingers crossed!
EDIT: No dice. :/

• 2 weeks later...

I am kinda old school when it comes to fixing problems with PC's but here is my thought on this problem.

The program you are trying to run is loading it's own mouse driver and therefore takes over the graphic user system

on your PC.  Your mouse cant run, because it has been disabled by the program.  Mouse driver systems today are

very complex.  What I would try is a simple corded mouse into the USB input.  That driver is hardwired into Windows

and cant be overwritten by a program.  It runs in the background all the time.

You could also check the installation settings of that program.  Does it ever ask about mouse, keyboard, or anything? 

Does it give you the option to load only parts of the whole program?  If it does, maybe it has a way of not loading the

driver system for mouse, and just uses the mouse that is loaded by Windows at startup.

You can find out by typing into  the run command:  msconfig     that way you could see what is loaded by windows at

startup.

That is where I would start if this PC came into my shop for this problem.

This is something for you guys to think about...always have a corded mouse in the drawer next to your PC.  It could come

in handy some day.

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate all of the thoughtful responses, advice, information, and encouragement to keep at solving this issue. It is now solved.

/Fixed with Win10 Upgrade In​stall (I had the feeling a fresh installation of Windows would be required)

• Leader

I appreciate all of the thoughtful responses, advice, information, and encouragement to keep at solving this issue. It is now solved.

/Fixed with Win10 Upgrade In​stall (I had the feeling a fresh installation of Windows would be required)

:war:   He nuked it, by Gawd!  That will make the other glitches quake in fear!