Etpro on mac

yakuruy

Hi,

I was wondering if theres anyway to get onto an Etpro server if I have a mac. As far as i know, I cant get on it with the version of legacy I have. I dont think theres been any recent updates to it either, but I could be wrong. I have a macbook pro running Yosemite v 10.10.

Hi,

I was wondering if theres anyway to get onto an Etpro server if I have a mac. As far as i know, I cant get on it with the version of legacy I have. I dont think theres been any recent updates to it either, but I could be wrong. I have a macbook pro running Yosemite v 10.10.

ET Legacy cannot support ETPro on any operating system. You will have to dual boot with Ubuntu or Windows.

Regards,

xenozbad

Haha, I googled it after I posted that. If i download it, run it, can i just run the regular ET program (Linux  version or something i assume?)

You simply need a Windows.iso (the OS installer) burned to a CD then you run the Boot Camp installer from within your Mac OS. If your MacBook is lacking an optical drive it can still be installed via flash drive with an EFI loader. 

Regards,

xenozbad

Edited by xenozbad

• 2 weeks later...

There is a easier way!

There are some great programms called Wineskin Winery and Wine Bottler. With these ones you can run any .exe file on your Mac. That's how I figured to install ET.

I'll give you more informations later, because i am at work right now and can't give you some Links and Screenshots on how to install it. :)

• Like 2

There is a easier way!
There are some great programms called Wineskin Winery and Wine Bottler. With these ones you can run any .exe file on your Mac. That's how I figured to install ET.
I'll give you more informations later, because i am at work right now and can't give you some Links and Screenshots on how to install it.  :)

Wine is simply emulating an environment for Windows applications to run. This uses more resources and results in slower performance. A native OS install is well worth the time if you're going to play etpro.

Regards,

xenozbad

Edited by xenozbad

Wine is simply emulating an environment for Windows applications to run. This uses more resources and results in slower performance. A native OS install is well worth the time if you're going to play etpro.

Regards,

xenozbad

To be honest:

I didn't feel any kind of difference when it comes to the performance. I play ET for almost 3 years on my MacBook Pro now and I never had any kind of problems. :)

• 2 years later...

I'm using play on mac and this wine system to run et on my mac. Did anyone figure out how to get etpro running???

legacy dont support it.

the easiest way is to make a windows with bootcamp

all other ways suck cus they use virtual hardware simulation

I'm using play on mac and this wine system to run et on my mac. Did anyone figure out how to get etpro running???

not supported

since im using mac since years and i defn tried all ways to find a solution. i can tell u there is no.

the only way is to do a 2nd boot direction for windows.

al other ways, legacy, playonmac etc are only working for all mods just no etpro.