Having a problem

Krayzie

Having a problem with the forums. Not really sure what is causing it, but it's the case on both my phone and on my PC. Whenever I press the "Forums" Tab between webiste and Calendar it takes about a minute to a minute and a half to load the page. Any other button I press loads in seconds. I'm assuming something to do with my internet? Any ideas?

Using Firefox, newest edition

Windows 10 Technical Preview

and on my phone is

Samsung Galaxy Note II Verizon running Android 4.4.2 and stock web broswer

Well assuming you've rebooted your router, what I'd try is to use a custom DNS server.

Google's DNS service gets high performance marks: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/
As does OpenDNS: https://www.opendns.com/home-internet-security/opendns-ip-addresses/

My router is currently set to use Google DNS, as I was having an IPv6 DNS issue through my ISP- and Google support IPv6, OpenDNS does not.

EDIT: at the *very* bottom of the forum index, there is a line that looks like this:

Time Now: Mar 25 2015 08:28 PM Last Visit: Today, 12:37 AM Exec. Time: 0.0674 Load: -- Queries: 9 queries Gzip: GZIP Enabled 

The "Exec. Time", "Load", and "Queries" can help to see if this is a problem with the forums or your own connection/devices.

Edited by Xernicus

I'll try that, but up until about 3-4 days ago I have had no issues.

Time Now: Mar 25 2015 08:39 PM Last Visit: Today, 11:59 AM Exec. Time: 0.0597 Load: -- Queries: 9 queries Gzip: GZIP Enabled 

If I remember correctly it worked on 4G but not on wifi. I will try again once I log off TS.

From phone on 4G, takes just as long to load as on PC:

Time Now: Mar 25 2015 10:20 PM Last Visit: Today, 11:59 AM Exec. Time: 0.0594 Load: -- Queries: 9 queries Gzip: GZIP Enabled 

From phone on WiFi, takes just as long to load as on PC:

Time Now: Mar 25 2015 10:22 PM Last Visit: Today, 11:59 AM Exec. Time: 0.0721 Load: -- Queries: 9 queries Gzip: GZIP Enabled 

From PC on LAN pressing "Forums" tab: Takes forever to load

Time Now: Mar 25 2015 10:24 PM Last Visit: Today, 11:59 AM Exec. Time: 0.0589 Load: -- Queries: 9 queries Gzip: GZIP Enabled 

From PC on LAN pressing "Website" Tab: Loads almost instantly.

Time Now: Mar 25 2015 10:25 PM Last Visit: Today, 11:59 AM Exec. Time: 0.1459 Load: -- Queries: 31 queries Gzip: GZIP Enabled

While you are in the forums, if you click on "Fearless Assassins" just below "Website," does it do the same thing?

Have you tried using the sub forums and clicking within there?

I used to be super slow going into the full list of forums also, but the sub forums were quicker. I would sit for 20-30 seconds before I make it into the full list. I don't know why this was, but as of right now it isn't that slow.

I would stay in the "General Section" until I had gone through all of the posts, then move down to "PC Gaming - Discussion" and so on.

Have you tried IE11?

I have trouble pasting into the forums. I get frustrated and then not show up for months at a time.

Also, IMO there are too many sub forums.

Have u rebootet ur phone? Cleaned cache? Sometimes (often) cache gets corrupted cause on finisd load or page change and it trys to load it.

Masa_1964

Forgot to mention that it also does it when trying to view the "Live Update or View Big Spy" area.

Logged in on IE Technical Preview it takes forever:

Time Now: Mar 26 2015 11:01 AM Last Visit: Today, 10:46 AM Exec. Time: 0.0810 Load: -- Queries: 10 queries Gzip: GZIP Enabled

Logged out on IE Technical Preview it loads right up, but can't get any of the info as it doesn't show it.

Chrome loading the "Website" tab: Loads right up

Time Now: Mar 26 2015 11:18 AM Last Visit: Today, 11:14 AM Exec. Time: 0.0991 Load: -- Queries: 26 queries Gzip: GZIP Enabled

Chrome loading the "Forums" Tab: Takes forever

Time Now: Mar 26 2015 11:18 AM Last Visit: Today, 11:14 AM Exec. Time: 0.0649 Load: -- Queries: 10 queries Gzip: GZIP Enabled

Phone, Computer, Router, Modem, all have been restarted multiple times.

Pressing "Fearless Assassins" loads right up. Only issues I seem to be having are with the "Forums" and the "Live Update/View Big Spy" sections. And I use the "Forums" section quite frequently at night to view the new spam0rs so I can report them :P

Caches cleared, cookies cleared, ran CCleaner and removed 8mb of junk and still doesn't work right. Only time it works right is when logged out on IE or Firefox

Sounds like an addon or widget to me

On three different browsers, a phone, and a tablet all doing the same thing? And only started about a week ago? I haven't installed anything new.