What do you want most when buying a car?

just playen/RA

What I must have  

18 members have voted

1. 1. When you buy a car or a truck, new or used, what are your must haves

• Horsepower
    • Great handling
    • All Wheel Drive
    • Miles per Gallon/litre
    • Smooth Ride
    • Apps like android or apple that don't need your phone to work
    • Premium sound system

What does the "apps" part mean?

I like my 2007 Mercury Milan 2.3L. Powerful enough to get up and go, but not enough to get me in trouble. Wish it had Bluetooth though. Owned for 5-1/2 years with very little problems. Rolling 100K miles soon.

My short list: Reliability, Cruise Control, Air Conditioning, Aux In for the stereo.

Apps = applications. pandora, ESPN, comedy central, CNN, candy crush (although not a good idea to play while driving...)

I left reliability off because all of the major brands are pretty reliable. Japanese, American, Korean, and European are pretty much even on most models.

Edited by just playen/RA

Recently i've attained a brand new 2015 Nissan Sentra as my first primary driver. We got it because i'll be on the highway a lot for college so we needed something efficient and this thing gives around 41 mpg on highway. We also got it because my we have always had good service and great reliability with Nissan's (Surprised reliability wasn't on the poll) Next it has a CVT so that means there is no hassle to change the timing belt and it make it more fuel efficient. It has built in GPS, touch navigation and pretty much all the technology you really need for 2015. It has the biggest backseat in it's class and the backseat is even bigger than it's full size sedan brother (Altima) It costed us 16 grand TOTAL and seriously was one of the best rational decisions ever.

3N1AB7AP2FY217912-1c.jpg?201503241014

• Like 1

I prefer hatchbacks myself. 2005 corolla does the trick very nicely for me. I wouldn't say no to a bit more powah than that, though, my MK7 convertible had 165 pk, and it's a light car.. Attach wings and it would fly me anywhere :P But it wasn't exactly a smooth ride.

• Like 1

I look for a few different things. Reliability, storage room, mpg. It would just depend upon what type of vehicle I was wanting to get, and what exactly I was wanting it for.

• Like 1

Too many things to narrow it down to just one factor.

I drive 70 miles round trip for work. So MPG is important.

Gotta look good. So styling is important.

Texas. A/C is a MUST for a daily driver.

Brand loyalty. While I do shop around, I ALWAYS end up back at a GM dealership.

Comfort. This may be where I can kinda narrow it down to ONE thing. But it is also several. Even though I don't race anymore, I left foot brake out of habit. So the pedal positions have to be just right. I also have a certain way my right knee rests against the transmission tunnel and some cars my knee doesn't rest "just right".

I historically keep a vehicle 10 years at least. Currently have a Chevy Cruz LTZ and LOVE it. But give me a 67-69 Camaro or 67 or 69 Chevelle and I will be a happy boy.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Somethings we do consider is leg splay = how much space your knees have to move side to side.

The primary focus of the group I am working in now is interior spaciousness and customer wants.

Docwarren Thank you for buying GM. For me a 71 Chevelle SS would make me a happy. My dad a 71 Chevelle when I was a kid.

Melgibson I test drove a Focus ST. The seats (especially the bolsters) were a little too aggressive for me. Great car and she is fast.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Somethings we do consider is leg splay = how much space your knees have to move side to side.

The primary focus of the group I am working in now is interior spaciousness and customer wants.

Docwarren Thank you for buying GM. For me a 71 Chevelle SS would make me a happy. My dad a 71 Chevelle when I was a kid.

Melgibson I test drove a Focus ST. The seats (especially the bolsters) were a little too aggressive for me. Great car and she is fast.

Yea, the seats aren't everyone's cup of tea, but it's hard to complain with 271lb-ft of torque. I actually like the grippy-ness of the seats, even for long car rides. Then again, I learned to drive in a mini-cooper so my definition of a good car is completely screwed.

hmmm I want lots and lots of features, even if they were small like opening the trunk or closing the doors, all with a reasonable price like the KIA new cerato :

listing_main_2014_Kia_Cerato_Hatchback_I

I just love the interior :)...a max speed of 210+ km/h is crucial too, MPG is not that big of deal here so yeah 

Horsepower and apps I guess xD

hmmm I want lots and lots of features, even if they were small like opening the trunk or closing the doors, all with a reasonable price like the KIA new cerato :

ejWRGir.jpg

I just love the interior :)...a max speed of 210+ km/h is crucial too, MPG is not that big of deal here so yeah 

Horsepower and apps I guess xD

You had little error there mate :)(open it in full screen and go change ur pants :wub: )

Edited by Eliminator

First, is horsepower. Now a days if it isn't at least a 3.5L v6 with 280HP or more, I'm not even gonna consider it.

Second, is style. Has to look nice, sharp, have plenty of room for myself, and my kid in the back, decent truck space.

Third, Would have to be interior. It has to look nice. Leather. Myself, like Doc, like to be able to rest my leg somewhere, but I rest my left leg against the door while drive automatic. 2012 Chevy Impala LTZ, although nice, didn't allow me to do that. 2002 Nissan Maxima, and 2003 VW Passat do allow that. The Dodge Avenger didn't either. Hated that car. Stupid I4 boat.

Fourth, has to have the Bose. If it doesn't have Bose, I'll just rip everything out and put after market in it. And these days, should have touch screen in there.

Then gas mileage, as if you're going to buy a nice car, gas isn't going to be my concern.

Safety should be up there to, I want the best safety, because I have my little girl in there half the time.

And can't forget trunk space, if I'm purchasing a car, it has to have a decent sized trunk.

Don't care about comfortable driving. My Maxima was sporty, stiff suspension, no body roll (after upgrade strut tower bars, sway bars, coilovers yada yada yada)

Have owned and driven, 2002 Nissan Maxima GLE (My favorite), 2003 Chevy Malibu LS (Average base car), 2003 VW Passat (Meh, far to bouncy of a ride), 2007 Chevy Tahoe LS (Was a nice ride, loved the V8), 2008 Nissan Titan (Was a fun off road vehicle),2007 Honda Accord(Was a little better then the Malibu, but not comparable to my Maxima) 2012 Chevy Impala LTZ(Nice little puppy, one of my favorites), 2012 Toyota Rav4(Hate it, feels heavy and slow, far to small for me) 2013 Dodge Avenger( hated it, I4, heavy as shit, horrible interior) and a 2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ (By far the nicest vehicle I have driven)

First, is horsepower. Now a days if it isn't at least a 3.5L v6 with 280HP or more, I'm not even gonna consider it.

Second, is style. Has to look nice, sharp, have plenty of room for myself, and my kid in the back, decent truck space.

Third, Would have to be interior. It has to look nice. Leather. Myself, like Doc, like to be able to rest my leg somewhere, but I rest my left leg against the door while drive automatic. 2012 Chevy Impala LTZ, although nice, didn't allow me to do that. 2002 Nissan Maxima, and 2003 VW Passat do allow that. The Dodge Avenger didn't either. Hated that car. Stupid I4 boat.

Fourth, has to have the Bose. If it doesn't have Bose, I'll just rip everything out and put after market in it. And these days, should have touch screen in there.

Then gas mileage, as if you're going to buy a nice car, gas isn't going to be my concern.

Safety should be up there to, I want the best safety, because I have my little girl in there half the time.

And can't forget trunk space, if I'm purchasing a car, it has to have a decent sized trunk.

Don't care about comfortable driving. My Maxima was sporty, stiff suspension, no body roll (after upgrade strut tower bars, sway bars, coilovers yada yada yada)

Have owned and driven, 2002 Nissan Maxima GLE (My favorite), 2003 Chevy Malibu LS (Average base car), 2003 VW Passat (Meh, far to bouncy of a ride), 2007 Chevy Tahoe LS (Was a nice ride, loved the V8), 2008 Nissan Titan (Was a fun off road vehicle),2007 Honda Accord(Was a little better then the Malibu, but not comparable to my Maxima) 2012 Chevy Impala LTZ(Nice little puppy, one of my favorites), 2012 Toyota Rav4(Hate it, feels heavy and slow, far to small for me) 2013 Dodge Avenger( hated it, I4, heavy as shit, horrible interior) and a 2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ (By far the nicest vehicle I have driven)

Have you ever thought about a dodge charger?