I'm back.. i hope ! xD

turkoxp

Hi guys! i'm back.. i hope... and i re installed ET, but idk why i have so much ping... i used to play with 150.. now i have 350... it's a lot! i have 20mb of internet.

My Computer is:

Mother Board: Asus Crosshair IV Extreme – Socket AM3 Box
Memory : 12gb
Video card: ATI Shappire Readon HD 7850 (2gb – GDDR5 - PCI-E)
Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 (3.2Ghz) 955 Black Edition – Socker AM3
Source: TR2 RX 700w – Thermaltake
Gabinet: SopranoRS 101 – Thermaltake
Hard Disck: WD5001AALS – 32mb - Western Digital.

I should make a CFG for this.. and i really dont remenber anything xD!

-----------------------------------------------------

I cant select my Connection, when i do it go to Unselected again.... idk why... y want to play but no with that ping! lol xD! i need also see my fps any help?

Edited by turkoxp
  • Like 3

Welcome back! And help for you to see your FPS..
With a simply way: /cg_drawfps 1
And with bit more info: /cg_lagometer 1 (shows some statistics about the connection: Green is good, yellow and red is bad. And top graph is server lag, bottom graph is your isp/pc lag)

Maybe reset router..

post-5064-0-84434800-1425431016_thumb.png type this in command prompt may help. As far as game connection rate. I leave unselected in options and type in game console /rate_25000 think limit is 50000... I use 34000 good luck

Edited by Raskin

• Leader

Hard Disck: WD5001AALS – 32mb - Western Digital.

-----------------------------------------------------

I cant select my Connection, when i do it go to Unselected again.... idk why... y want to play but no with that ping! lol xD! i need also see my fps any help?

Your Hard Disk should be 500GB minimum:  http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2534/~/specifications%3A-caviar-black-sata-3.0-gb%2Fs-(wd5001aals,-wd6401aals,-wd7501aals

. I leave unselected in options and type in game console /rate_25000 think limit is 50000... I use 34000 good luck

The maximum rate depends on the server, but 34000 is the most popular on all FA servers and should work well.

Turkoxp, your "networking / connection" will show as "unselected" if you don't use the ET menu to set it but use a custom setting instead, like 34000.   :)  You can type /rate in console to see what it is set at now.  If you have 5000 now and do a /rate 34000, it might not help your ping (but often does), but it will definitely make your game-play smoother!

Oops!  On second thought, you can't have a rate of 5000, or it would not show as "unselected"!   :huh:

Just tested the System - Networking - Connection settings:

Connection	 Rate		

Modem		 4000
ISDN		 5000
LAN/Cable/xDSL	25000

Default = 5000

The game engine restricts rate values to 34000. All higher values are simply overhead for the auto-rate feature. Start here. The client settings provided are for low-end machines so they may not be necessary in fixing in your problems.

Regards,

xenozbad

• Like 1

First of all Thanks you all :)!!! my ping now is 150-200 is better than 350 lol! now i need to make my FPS more stable.. i can have more than 100 but always when i'm in a fight i go down to 25fps.. and in some maps to 5-7. Maybe becouse i join the jaymode.. idk. Thanks! =) Unknown ty bro i play some times with u time ego :)! See ya :)

First of all Thanks you all :)!!! my ping now is 150-200 is better than 350 lol! now i need to make my FPS more stable.. i can have more than 100 but always when i'm in a fight i go down to 25fps.. and in some maps to 5-7. Maybe becouse i join the jaymode.. idk. Thanks! =) Unknown ty bro i play some times with u time ego :)! See ya :)

I provided a link in my post that should cover that...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Leader

still have some problems.. but.. it 's my videocard :/. I will buy i new one soon so i wil try then T_T! lol thanks for all the help guys!

I have an ATI Sapphire 6950 and had fps problems after I updated to the newest drivers and software for it. I saw advice here like Nani's below and that fixed it.

I had been getting very low fps like you are and now all is muy bueno!

Also for AMD graphics cards type this in game console: /r_primitives 2

well i can't even update the drivers with out a blue screen.. with the atikmpag.sys. Lol xD! I try everything, post in shappire forum and asus forum still the same... and in the end i think is the video card, becouse i read that alot of people had problem with that video card too :/ so it's time to change it xD!

with the lag now is 100-200 is the "normal" ping for me.. remember that i'm from argentina xD!